Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Hog Short Game Facility

Started by Gohogs600, November 15, 2014, 12:20:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gohogs600

November 15, 2014, 12:20:58 pm Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:36:40 am by Gohogs600
Hi All. I thought I'd share a few pictures of the new short game center for the golf teams, funded in part by Stacy Lewis' donation last year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pulled(PP)pork

gonna make it tough, but if we can get the balls into the cup on the ceiling, we should be damn good!

PP

PEtrader

It looks like a barn with some leftover shag green carpet.   Sorry
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Gohogs600

Quote from: PEtrader on November 15, 2014, 02:08:05 pm

Ha. Just wow.

Pulled(PP)pork

there's no doubt that DP had his hand in it, seeing as some of the practice area is on the ceiling, and his previous employer was NASA

PP

hogfan98

Quote from: PEtrader on November 15, 2014, 02:08:05 pm

This guy likes it.

PEtrader

It's cool,  but come on guys it looks like crap.  The indoor facilities at golf world are put together better.  Maybe it is just the pics. 
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

PEtrader

I could build that in my own back yard,  I just expected more.

GolfNut57

How can you fairly practice 30 yard shots if they are going to hit the ceiling? I mean, sometimes the shot may only be 30 yards but you may have to play it over a bunker or water hazard which necessitates getting the ball up pretty high if the ball has to stop quickly.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Gohogs600

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 15, 2014, 06:08:10 pm
How can you fairly practice 30 yard shots if they are going to hit the ceiling? I mean, sometimes the shot may only be 30 yards but you may have to play it over a bunker or water hazard which necessitates getting the ball up pretty high if the ball has to stop quickly.

Perhaps pics don't show it well. Ceiling height is a non issue. More than enough room for any type of shot in that range. This was well done, and the teams are very excited about the addition.

Wooderson

Would have been real cool if they had designed it where they could roll natural grass in and out on pallets to practice off of.  Similar to what Arizona does for their football stadium.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

PEtrader

Quote from: Wooderson on November 18, 2014, 08:36:55 am
Would have been real cool if they had designed it where they could roll natural grass in and out on pallets to practice off of.  Similar to what Arizona does for their football stadium.

I agree

It would luck much better than getting the stuff they did from my parent's 1980 pool house

Gohogs600

Quote from: PEtrader on November 18, 2014, 09:14:20 pm
I agree

It would luck much better than getting the stuff they did from my parent's 1980 pool house

Shouldn't you have ended that post with: "Now get off my lawn!!"

PEtrader

Quote from: Gohogs600 on November 19, 2014, 08:57:48 am
Shouldn't you have ended that post with: "Now get off my lawn!!"

No my lawn would be an upgrade over that mess :)

I am going to put a tarp up and invite the team over.

Gohogs600

Quote from: PEtrader on November 19, 2014, 08:27:38 pm
No my lawn would be an upgrade over that mess :)

I am going to put a tarp up and invite the team over.

Cool story. All trolling aside, thankfully, I don't think we were the target market / users of such a facility. The results speak for themselves:

http://golfweek.com/news/2014/nov/09/austin-connelly-golf-recruiting-arkansas-smu/

Former SMU commit Austin Connelly (No. 3, 2015) picks Arkansas

After de-committing from SMU in August, Austin Connelly, ranked third in the Class of 2015 by Golfweek, has committed to Arkansas.

By Brentley Romine
As of Monday, November 10, 2014

Austin Connelly has been very busy these past few months.
Connelly, an 18-year-old from Irving, Texas, had originally committed to SMU as a sophomore. But in August, just before the U.S. Amateur, he decided to withdraw that commitment after the resignation of former Mustangs head coach Josh Gregory.
He opened back up his college search, visiting Alabama, Florida, Texas, LSU and Arkansas while also playing tournaments in Florida, Oklahoma, Scotland and Argentina.
"I really haven't been home much," Connelly said Sunday from Argentina, where he teamed with Corey Conners to win the Juan Carlos Tailhade Cup.
"It's been a real time crunch. We've been cramming visits and tournaments in. It's been golf non-stop."
Things figure to slow down, though, now that Connelly, ranked third in the Golfweek/Sagarin Junior Rankings, has decided where he will attend college. Prior to playing in the Tailhade Cup, Connelly called Arkansas head coach Brad McMakin to inform him that he had chosen the Razorbacks.
"I spent so much time thinking about it and I just went with what felt best," Connelly said. "Once I narrowed it down, I kept going back and forth, weighing the pros and cons (of each school). There were no negatives to Arkansas at all."
Connelly said he gets along well with McMakin and Arkansas assistant coach Barrett Lais, but that it was the facilities, particularly the Fred W. and Mary B. Smith Razorback Golf Training Facility at Blessings Golf Club, that really stood out.
"I fell in love," Connelly said. "It was like nothing I've seen before."

Connelly plans on signing his national letter of intent on Nov. 19, the final day of the early signing period. It's a day he's looking forward to, as it will officially end what has been a long process.
"Everything happened right before the U.S. Am; it was terrible timing," Connelly said. "During my next couple of events, it was a little bit different having college coaches around again, so I would say yes (it did affect me). ... The whole thing went on for a long time. I was just really tired of thinking about it.
"Making my decision, it freed me up this week."
Connelly, who will next play in the AJGA Polo Golf Junior Classic later this month in Florida, called it "peace of mind." And with his college decision out of the way, he can get back to focusing more on his golf.

hogfan98

With Pelz designing the place and Tyson cutting the checks there is probably a reason for every crease and fold that you see.  It's nicer in person than the pics let on.

PEtrader

Quote from: hogfan98 on November 20, 2014, 10:27:26 am
With Pelz designing the place and Tyson cutting the checks there is probably a reason for every crease and fold that you see.  It's nicer in person than the pics let on.

GoHogs 600 is clearly the designer

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: PEtrader on November 20, 2014, 05:54:46 pm
GoHogs 600 is clearly the designer

Is GoHogs 600 related to GoHogs1091?  Surely not.  If he was, he's be poo-pooing the new facility because it wasn't designed by Perry Maxwell.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Gohogs600

Ha. I'm not qualified to design anything, and no relation to the other guy. Just thought I'd share for the enjoyment of the group (even the curmudgeon PETrader :-) ) since, unlike the indoor baseball facility, this was a little more low key. Thought it was relevant for the board  :razorback: WPS!!

PEtrader

Quote from: Gohogs600 on November 20, 2014, 07:12:46 pm
Ha. I'm not qualified to design anything, and no relation to the other guy. Just thought I'd share for the enjoyment of the group (even the curmudgeon PETrader :-) ) since, unlike the indoor baseball facility, this was a little more low key. Thought it was relevant for the board  :razorback: WPS!!

It was a good post. 

hogfan98

Looks like a warehouse from the outside.  Function over style for sure on this one.

Gohogs600

Quote from: PEtrader on November 20, 2014, 08:00:26 pm
It was a good post.

I can provide additional pics, but only if PETrader feels it's necessary..  :razorback:

root_hawg

Gonna need those balls with Velcro on em

Gohogs600

November 23, 2014, 11:01:47 pm #23 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:47:47 am by Gohogs600
 :razorback: