Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corey Dauphine

Started by IBleedRazorbackRed, November 14, 2014, 08:26:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

4 star texas tech commitment visiting us next weekend. Looks to be the speed back we're trying to get. Supposedly he won the Texas state championship in the 200 meters as a junior with a national best time of 20.76. Has already visited Washington State, and is visiting Tenner this weekend, so he's not completely committed it seems.

http://247sports.com/Player/Corey-Dauphine-22171

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Boot_stops_here

I like that he's bigger than both West and Carr

pigture perfect

Maybe our track program could help.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HOGINTENNESSEE

Arkansas is a lot better place than Lubbock.

And we are a better place for RB's

redeye

Considering how we ran all over TT, he should be interested.  Tennessee might seem like worthy competition, but they already have more commitments then they can sign.

Bubba's Bruisers

Now I'm  perplexed.  Would we take this kid and Reed, Barnett and Merrick if all wanted to sign?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 14, 2014, 09:22:22 pm
Now I'm  perplexed.  Would we take this kid and Reed, Barnett and Merrick if all wanted to sign?

Why not?

I'd take this kid, Reed, Barnett, Merrick, & Howell.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Yes. My guess would be the staff is focusing on 1 rb, 1 OL, 1 de, 1 lb, 1 s, 2 best available.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Have you seen our offense? I think Yes

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 14, 2014, 10:15:14 pm
Yes. My guess would be the staff is focusing on 1 rb, 1 OL, 1 de, 1 lb, 1 s, 2 best available.

Ok, so we think we only need 3 spots for defense from here on out.  Maybe so.

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 14, 2014, 10:17:28 pm
Have you seen our offense? I think Yes

Our offensive issues have largely been due to a lack of passing game skill players...QB and WR's.  Now, I'd take the 2 stud OL no matter what.  And probably Reed too.  But if there's only one spot left and it's between a RB and a back 7 player with equal talent, then I hope we're taking the latter.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 14, 2014, 10:38:33 pm
Ok, so we think we only need 3 spots for defense from here on out.  Maybe so.

Our offensive issues have largely been due to a lack of passing game skill players...QB and WR's.  Now, I'd take the 2 stud OL no matter what.  And probably Reed too.  But if there's only one spot left and it's between a RB and a back 7 player with equal talent, then I hope we're taking the latter.

We have room for both.

3 OL
1 RB
1 WR
1 DE/LB
1 CB/S

We signed Floyd, Toliver, Ramirez, & Liddell last year. The back 7 needs to improve, I agree. But we recruited well there last year and I expect them to contribute more next year.

jackflash

I for one believe we will take at least two more LB and at least 3 more DB

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 14, 2014, 10:41:40 pm
We have room for both.

3 OL
1 RB
1 WR
1 DE/LB
1 CB/S

We signed Floyd, Toliver, Ramirez, & Liddell last year. The back 7 needs to improve, I agree. But we recruited well there last year and I expect them to contribute more next year.

But it's about depth too.  You're suggesting that we potentially take only 1 DB in this class.  We were in desperate need of DB's in the last class, and we got some, but the last thing we want to do is follow that up with practically no DB's in the next class.  I would not take 3 OL with the remaining 7 spots unless our back 7 options simply suck...just don't think we need 6 OL in this class.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jackflash on November 14, 2014, 10:48:46 pm

Optimally, I'd think we'd at least want...

1 DE  (gives us 3 total)
1 LB   (Gives us at least 3 total)
2 DB

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 14, 2014, 10:50:07 pm
But it's about depth too.  You're suggesting that we potentially take only 1 DB in this class.  We were in desperate need of DB's in the last class, and we got some, but the last thing we want to do is follow that up with practically no DB's in the next class.  I would not take 3 OL with the remaining 7 spots unless our back 7 options simply suck...just don't think we need 6 OL in this class.

Only have 10 OL returning with the possibility of 7 going pro after next year. We need at least 5 OL this class. I'd like to see 6. Howell being a JUCO.

We have 10 returning DBs. Pettway who can play S. Sign one in this class and that's 12 DBs.

CDBHawg

Quote from: jackflash on November 14, 2014, 10:48:46 pm

I see no scenario where we do that. That'd only leave two spots left.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 14, 2014, 10:55:23 pm
Only have 10 OL returning with the possibility of 7 going pro after next year. We need at least 5 OL this class. I'd like to see 6. Howell being a JUCO.

Fair enough.

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 14, 2014, 10:55:23 pm
We have 10 returning DBs. Pettway who can play S. Sign one in this class and that's 12 DBs.

Except we've been horrible at the safety position, and a bunch of bodies doesnt equal talent.  If it did, then the S position would be good right now.   And we don't know where Pettway will play.  There are just as many who say he'll be a LB.  Given his size and speed at this juncture, he certainly looks more like a LB.

Bubba's Bruisers

Assuming equal talent with all the available players, I'd take...

1 WR
1 OT
1 OL
1 DE
1 LB
1 S
1 DB

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 14, 2014, 10:59:52 pm
Except we've been horrible at the safety position, and a bunch of bodies doesnt equal talent.  If it did, then the S position would be good right now.   And we don't know where Pettway will play.  There are just as many who say he'll be a LB.  Given his size and speed at this juncture, he certainly looks more like a LB.

True, hopefully Lidell, Coley, Gaines & ???(possibly a freshmen) fix that problem.

Seems like there was some chatter of Ramirez possibly S as well.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 14, 2014, 11:03:38 pm
True, hopefully Lidell, Coley, Gaines & ???(possibly a freshmen) fix that problem.

Seems like there was some chatter of Ramirez possibly S as well.

Ramirez may be a CB who has to play S out of necessity right now...who knows.  I suppose it's a lot easier for a CB to play S than vice versa.

NLRHog92

November 14, 2014, 11:13:23 pm #21 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:47:01 am by NLRHog92
Speed thrills and kills! He's so fast, he makes fast people look not as fast.

Uncommon

If we didn't have such a buzzsaw the next two years in replacing OL (10 OL the next two seasons ; most of it being dead weight), we could have more balanced classes.  But we're going to have to be OL heavy these next two classes until we can get more balanced as far as OL leaving.  The optimum would be where we only lose 3 OL a year.

tophawg19

there is also preferred walk ons  to . look for us to go hard after a bunch of these guys to find fillers . we have had good luck in the past here . especially with o-linemen
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

greenie

This guy reminds me of Dalvin Cook.  Very fast and quick to daylight.  Not much wiggle.  Didn't see many broken tackles or creativity in his HUDL video, but tons of people left in the dust.  So hard to evaluate from these videos...it's WAY above my pay grade.

From the looks of things, I guess we're interested in getting a burner in the backfield: West, Carr, or Dauphine.  Are there any bruisers on the board?  I know we had a unofficial from Chris Warren last spring.  I guess nothing ever came of that.  He sure looks like a beast.

scruf

Some here suggested we backed off of Chris Warren over possible character issues.

arrow30

Best one I have seen so far.  Like his running style.

greenie

Quote from: scruf on November 15, 2014, 02:47:13 am
Some here suggested we backed off of Chris Warren over possible character issues.

I wondered.  Thanks, scruf.

Tim Harris

I think Coach B just visited this kid and now we are getting a visit. Hopefully we can flip him.

We all,have different opinions on what we should take but it seems the coaches are set on getting another RB.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Uncommon on November 14, 2014, 11:19:34 pm
If we didn't have such a buzzsaw the next two years in replacing OL (10 OL the next two seasons ; most of it being dead weight), we could have more balanced classes.  But we're going to have to be OL heavy these next two classes until we can get more balanced as far as OL leaving.  The optimum would be where we only lose 3 OL a year.

Much truth here
This is my non-signature signature.

jackflash

I can see the hogs taking another RB because Williams might go the NFL. Reed if his speed is true. Would make DC cover him over the top with a safety. At least two more OL coming from Barnett, Howell or Merrick because their that good. But I don't see them turning down LB Jackson or King, DB Davis or S Haughton If they want to come.

Lake City Hog

Guys, we are 0-17 in the SEC will ya'll please quit this crap of half the team going pro early!
We have to recruit balanced classes every year and each position should be equally represented ratio wise.
QB-         1     1
RB-         2     3
O'Line-    5     8
TE-         2     10
WR-        2     12

D'Line-    4     16
LB-          3     19
DB-         4      23
K-           1      24
P-            1      25

Now, obviously you may not need kickers every year, or Quarterbacks. Coaches have to look at retention, attrition and hit rate to make the necessary adjustments, but that should be a base map for recruiting. Stockpiling any one position will always put the team at risk at other positions.

If you take a running back because he is just too good to turn away, but the team is REALLY short on defensive backs have you really helped the team?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 15, 2014, 12:53:29 pm
Guys, we are 0-17 in the SEC will ya'll please quit this crap of half the team going pro early!
We have to recruit balanced classes every year and each position should be equally represented ratio wise.
QB-         1     1
RB-         2     3
O'Line-    5     8
TE-         2     10
WR-        2     12

D'Line-    4     16
LB-          3     19
DB-         4      23
K-           1      24
P-            1      25

Now, obviously you may not need kickers every year, or Quarterbacks. Coaches have to look at retention, attrition and hit rate to make the necessary adjustments, but that should be a base map for recruiting. Stockpiling any one position will always put the team at risk at other positions.

If you take a running back because he is just too good to turn away, but the team is REALLY short on defensive backs have you really helped the team?

Your ratio example is great in theory. Problem is that gives you 100 over a four year span. That's w/o redshirting. Add in redshirts and it could go up to 125 in a five year span. We can only have 85 on scholarship at a given time.

And you'll never convince me we need 8-10 scholarship K/P on the team.

tophawg19

Lake city , that isn't reality. some years are better at one position and bad at another so you stock pile players at that position in a good year . this year TE'S were everywhere . it might be 2 or 3 years before we get so many good ones available . not a great year for LB'S so hopefully we can skip TE next year for extra LB'S

Bubba's Bruisers

I just hope we can add a couple SEC caliber DB's to go with all those linemen.

deedster84

You can talk about him not breaking many tackles  but give him a red shirt and a year with Herbert, add 10-20 lbs of muscle and keep that speed. You've got an ELITE back.

tophawg19

i saw some tough running and breaking tackles . he's good

FATHAWG08

I think we should let CBB decide who is the better back. Pretty good track record!
I love off season Football!!

Lake City Hog

Guys, How many QB's and Kickers have we lost to transfers over the years?
How many kids just leave? How many are helped out the door?

I still think the ratio is basically correct, with the exception of kickers as I stated in my post. The coaches have to look at the current roster and have a feel for the attrition coming and make adjustments. I just don't think that stockpiling is a good idea. Why? Because you can only play so many and PT then becomes an issue. You could lose a better kid because of splitting the PT.

We need 4 complete teams just for practice purposes, and yes that would exceed 85. That is one area where I really give BB credit, our Walkon Program! Having good quality scout teams is so important for preparation and having equal numbers makes that possible.

The_Boot_stops_here

I cant access the article (premium) but 24/7 has an article quoting Dauphine that this weekend's visit to Tenner 'helped a lot'

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 16, 2014, 05:24:56 pm
I cant access the article (premium) but 24/7 has an article quoting Dauphine that this weekend's visit to Tenner 'helped a lot'

Pretty much what you would expect it to say and is the same thing most every recruit says. He is still committed to Tx Tech but the visit helped TN chances. Going to take his visits and then sit down and decide what is best for him.

Squints Pallaboarus

Kid looks like a grown a$$ man.

[attachment deleted by admin]

NLRHog92

November 17, 2014, 10:49:50 am #42 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:35:02 am by NLRHog92
Interview (from June) on The Hog Call. Said he needs to get faster lol
http://www.hogsportsradio.com/the-hog-call-corey-dauphine-interview/

Running style reminds me of De'Anthony Thomas mixed with a little Felix. I'd gladly take that on my team any day!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Won't be here this weekend anymore. No longer taking visits. Sticking to tech

redeye

Well, that sucks.  He seems to be a Chiefs fan.  Where's Knile when you need him?

greenie

The Boar War

I guess he can be the next great NFL running back to come out of Tech.

The_Boot_stops_here

Uncommon

Quote from: The Boar War on November 18, 2014, 09:05:57 pm
I guess he can be the next great NFL running back to come out of Tech.
+1 if I could

WorfHog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 18, 2014, 08:21:24 pm
Won't be here this weekend anymore. No longer taking visits. Sticking to tech

Black shirt and Rayban's are in the mail.  :puke:

Did he not watch us destroy Tech on the ground?