Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will John Calapari & World Wide Wes come under scrutiny?

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 14, 2014, 07:31:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

MountieDawg

Derick rose was a long time ago.....   This is old stuff
SEC!

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

MountieDawg

Cal did get 2 more 5 stars to commit yesterday for next year, #1 Ranked PG Issah Bricoe from NJ and #11 player #2-3 Center from Memphis Skal Labisseare. Now has the #1 ranked recruiting class by ESPN.... Texas A&M #3, Florida #7 and LSU has the #1 player in the class!
SEC!

Atlhogfan1

Easterwood, Parrish and Memphis - Same ole crap.  Memphis didn't get the hometown player and they head down this path of another program cheated. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2014, 09:54:25 am
Easterwood, Parrish and Memphis - Same ole crap.  Memphis didn't get the hometown player and they head down this path of another program cheated.

You mean it wasn't a coincident the guys guardian only spoke with the commercial appeal?  I bet there was a fee for that... 

I'm all for memphis squealing and it ratting Cal out

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2014, 09:54:25 am

That isn't the first time Easterwood has blatantly accused another University's head coach of cheating. He's a regular at it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on November 14, 2014, 10:13:36 am
That isn't the first time Easterwood has blatantly accused another University's head coach of cheating. He's a regular at it.

Maybe he can get a job doing color commentary Gov!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2014, 10:08:37 am
You mean it wasn't a coincident the guys guardian only spoke with the commercial appeal?  I bet there was a fee for that... 

I'm all for memphis squealing and it ratting Cal out

They are more ratting the player out as he'll be the one affected if the NCAA takes action which will affect UK in that they may not get the player on the court. 

Where was this squealing and ratting out from Easterwood and Parrish when Cal was coaching Memphis?  They were all for pushing the insane story of a Wal-Mart exec flying to Searcy with money to buy Thaddeus Young when it was obvious TY was going to GT or Arkansas. 

Memphis is the cesspool of recruiting in the US for both football and basketball.  It is where programs go if they want to risk getting into NCAA trouble for the talent that is there.  Easterwood has been in the middle of this.  But he only starts crying when Memphis basketball fails to sign a player.  Programs that try and recruit there know they have to deal with Easterwood's nonsense. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2014, 10:21:55 am
They are more ratting the player out as he'll be the one affected if the NCAA takes action which will affect UK in that they may not get the player on the court. 

Where was this squealing and ratting out from Easterwood and Parrish when Cal was coaching Memphis?  They were all for pushing the insane story of a Wal-Mart exec flying to Searcy with money to buy Thaddeus Young when it was obvious TY was going to GT or Arkansas. 

Memphis is the cesspool of recruiting in the US for both football and basketball.  It is where programs go if they want to risk getting into NCAA trouble for the talent that is there.  Easterwood has been in the middle of this.  But he only starts crying when Memphis basketball fails to sign a player.  Programs that try and recruit there know they have to deal with Easterwood's nonsense.

Parrish said he got corroboration from someone at a major college program about inappropriate activity surrounding the recruitment of Skal. Wasn't just relying on Easterwood.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Danny J

Absolutely nothing is going to happen to Cal, UK or whoever. The NCAA has become useless.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 14, 2014, 11:48:33 am
Parrish said he got corroboration from someone at a major college program about inappropriate activity surrounding the recruitment of Skal. Wasn't just relying on Easterwood.

I don't doubt it.  I'm sure the story about the handler has some truth to it.  This isn't an uncommon occurrence in recruiting the Memphis area is my point.  Easterwood and Parrish ignore it or bury it unless the recruit spurns the Tigers.  This recruit chose UK and Calipari.  So on signing day, Parrish publishes his story. 

East TN HAWG

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 14, 2014, 09:45:37 am
Cal did get 2 more 5 stars to commit yesterday for next year, #1 Ranked PG Issah Bricoe from NJ and #11 player #2-3 Center from Memphis Skal Labisseare. Now has the #1 ranked recruiting class by ESPN.... Texas A&M #3, Florida #7 and LSU has the #1 player in the class!

Is the SEC catching up in basketball now too? 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on November 14, 2014, 11:58:54 am
Absolutely nothing is going to happen to Cal, UK or whoever. The NCAA has become useless.

Cal has insulated himself.  This will only hinder the kid's college basketball career if he has any desire to attend college vs playing international for a year. 

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: GuvHog on November 14, 2014, 10:13:36 am
Easterwood is simply a schill for Tiger High.  If a recruit isn't going to Tiger High, he usually doesn't want to give that recruit much props.  Easterwood is a tool.

Parrish has a little more credibility in that he holds a job with a national sports network (CBS Sports) and he has said that he will do his best to expose Gerald Hamilton as the POS that he is.

It had been said around here in MEM that whoever signed Skal L, the school should get ready for the NCAA to come snooping around as Hamilton was surely shopping him looking to profit.  But Calipari and WWWes have developed a system so slick that I doubt anything will come of it with Kentucky.  The two of them are just too slick for the NCAA.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 14, 2014, 12:06:34 pm
Cal has insulated himself.  This will only hinder the kid's college basketball career if he has any desire to attend college vs playing international for a year.
THIS^^^^   NOTHING will be able to be traced back to Calipari. 

Paul

is it pure coincidence that the original story was published the day before Skal was to announce his commitment & everyone around Memphis knew he had chosen UK over UM?
Nothing will happen to Cal because he has figured out doing thru WWW allows him to deny all knowledge of cheating.  He's the best...cheater.  Always has been at every stop.

-Blu

So, what exactly does WWW do?  I've always heard of the guy but never actually knew what he does.  I'm sure I can google it, but figured some of you guys may have additional thoughts, that's not found on google.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Paul on November 18, 2014, 12:31:52 pm
is it pure coincidence that the original story was published the day before Skal was to announce his commitment & everyone around Memphis knew he had chosen UK over UM?
Nothing will happen to Cal because he has figured out doing thru WWW allows him to deny all knowledge of cheating.  He's the best...cheater.  Always has been at every stop.
it is his TRUE GIFT.