Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 13, 2014, 08:59:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

Thanks as always Richard!

The_Boot_stops_here

So if Jackson comes in and flips, I wonder where that leaves us with the other LB prospects

AugustaHog

I would think that would close the book on any further LB commits.  I don't see how we would have room.  That would leave 7-8 spots of which it looks like will include: 1 RB, 1 WR, 1-2 OL, 1-2 DL, 1-2 S, and 1 CB.  I think the determining factor here would be what elite guys choose to do.  If Barnett, Haughton, Gustin, etc want to come there will be a spot regardless of positional need.  I don't see that kind of elite LB recruit existing that we are still on.

The_Iceman

"Camden-Fairview wide reciever Dominique Reed runs through Greenwood defender Derek Morgan in the first half of the Class 5A State Championship game Saturday at War Memorial Stadium."

Copy and Paste?   ;D ;)

SemperFi

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 13, 2014, 09:40:36 am
I would think that would close the book on any further LB commits.  I don't see how we would have room.  That would leave 7-8 spots of which it looks like will include: 1 RB, 1 WR, 1-2 OL, 1-2 DL, 1-2 S, and 1 CB.  I think the determining factor here would be what elite guys choose to do.  If Barnett, Haughton, Gustin, etc want to come there will be a spot regardless of positional need.  I don't see that kind of elite LB recruit existing that we are still on.

I would agree. We have Greenlaw and Graham, so if Jackson would flip I'd say that we're all done at LB. With the possibility of getting one, two or all three of our OL targets (Merrick, Howell & Barnett) along with Sotolongo or Haughton at Safety and the few CB's that the Hogs are working hard to get available spots are very limited. I hope that these kids that are riding the fence are considering these facts. If you want to be a Razorback your time to commit is quickly running out.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hayden1865

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 13, 2014, 09:44:14 am
"Camden-Fairview wide reciever Dominique Reed runs through Greenwood defender Derek Morgan in the first half of the Class 5A State Championship game Saturday at War Memorial Stadium."

Copy and Paste?   ;D ;)

Not Drew Morgan, Drew was #15 at GHS.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

ldfergu

Not to start a debate on 40 times but.... Does 6'3" Reed really run a 4.36?  That's incredible.

ldfergu

Quote from: SemperFi on November 13, 2014, 09:48:26 am
I would agree. We have Greenlaw and Graham, so if Jackson would flip I'd say that we're all done at LB. With the possibility of getting one, two or all three of our OL targets (Merrick, Howell & Barnett) along with Sotolongo or Haughton at Safety and the few CB's that the Hogs are working hard to get available spots are very limited. I hope that these kids that are riding the fence are considering these facts. If you want to be a Razorback your time to commit is quickly running out.

Unless Porter Gustin wants to come

Ironhawg

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 13, 2014, 10:04:56 am
Not to start a debate on 40 times but.... Does 6'3" Reed really run a 4.36?  That's incredible.

I was wondering about Jackson's listed 40 time of 4.8.  How does that stack up against SEC linebackers? 

RazorBassin

Jackson isn't coming this weekend.  Hopefully we can get him in soon.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hayden1865 on November 13, 2014, 10:04:49 am
Not Drew Morgan, Drew was #15 at GHS.

Im saying, I don't think Reid was playing at WMS "Saturday".

ldfergu

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 13, 2014, 11:42:42 am
I was wondering about Jackson's listed 40 time of 4.8.  How does that stack up against SEC linebackers?

Don't put too much stock into a LBs 40 time. Check the stats of drafted NFL LBs from last year. I think the success of the position depends more on the instincts of the player

redeye

Quote from: RazorBassin on November 13, 2014, 11:42:55 am
Jackson isn't coming this weekend.  Hopefully we can get him in soon.

Jackson told OK that CBB asked him not to visit now, but that he'll still do it after the season.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Arizona-3-star-linebacker-pledge-talks-when-he-will-visit-Hogs-32884691

SemperFi

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 13, 2014, 10:07:36 am
Unless Porter Gustin wants to come

I think and I amy be incorrect, but isn't Porter Gustin projecting to play on the DL?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

TMc

Quote from: SemperFi on November 13, 2014, 01:24:47 pm
I think and I amy be incorrect, but isn't Porter Gustin projecting to play on the DL?

DE from everything I've read.

Hayden1865

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 13, 2014, 11:48:15 am
Im saying, I don't think Reid was playing at WMS "Saturday".
ah gotcha
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I thought Froholdt was coming for an unofficial. If he is not coming lets cancel "The Danish Weather" and have a warmer weekend :)

ricepig

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 13, 2014, 05:03:59 pm
I thought Froholdt was coming for an unofficial. If he is not coming lets cancel "The Danish Weather" and have a warmer weekend :)

Coming for his "official" next weekend for OM, fits his schedule better.

tophawg19

yes. think Matt Jones type speed . he is faster than he looks . He doesn't look like he's super fast till you realize he's running away from some that are really fast
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 05:13:16 pm
Coming for his "official" next weekend for OM, fits his schedule better.

Thanks

ballhogger

I saw this young man play in High School and it would not shock me one bit.  His ceiling is off of the dial.  He at times impresses me with his ball skills even more than his speed.  If he commits I can't wait to see what he does with 2 years in the weight room under Herb.

Piggfoot

I don't know how fast Reed actually is but he appears to use his body and height well. Also he uses his speed intelligently turning it on when he has to. On the film he was caught from behind once...Was he loafing? In that play i hope so.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.