Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With all the talk about the Hogs' upcoming victory

Started by bigdaddyhawg, November 11, 2014, 12:28:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Didn't OP start a similar thread last week about LSU?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 12, 2014, 02:01:00 pm
Well, sort of kind of.  A lot of folks treat the LR games like it's a road game, FWIW.  In some ways that's fair -- the team has to travel that week, doesn't get to stay in its' regular home game routine, and plays in a crappy stadium.
In some ways it's not fair -- the Hogs don't have to play in front of some team's hostile fans.

FWIW, Even for Fayetteville games they stay in a hotel (often outside of Fayetteville as I recall) and ride a bus to their own stadium. Just sayin...
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 11, 2014, 12:28:31 pm
It would be wise to realize some realities.

1. Even though the tiggers lost a tough game last Sat., they are still the more talented of the two teams, and it's not really even close on that.

2. They have been playing very well, much better than our Hogs.  They have been very physical on both sides of the ball, and their young players have developed very well.

3.  IMO they are a legitimate top 15 team.  IMO the Hogs are truly good enough to be valued in the top 25, but there's a pretty big difference between those two rankings.

While I understand playing in the great white north brings its' advantages, please keep in mind we are playing a better team than us, regardless of the point spread in Vegas.
Looking back on the results Saturday how'd those comments work for ya'?  ???

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 17, 2014, 06:10:41 pm
Looking back on the results Saturday how'd those comments work for ya'?  ???

They worked out great for me!!

Seriously, I stand by what I wrote there.  But Saturday night the Hogs were mentally tougher, better coached, and simply wanted it more.

I couldn't be happier to be wrong!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858