Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 11, 2014, 10:50:44 am
Noticed it on 247.  I've been optimistic about him.  Hope we get him

We are doomed then...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Iceman

Dang it, guess he is going to OU then.

greenie

Supposedly just got back from an official to OU.  The timing seems right, since Barnett has now covered his scheduled official visits. 

I wonder if Ark recruiters contacted him while he was at OU?  I'm betting they didn't.  :-)

Seebs

Chances are that is not all he picked with that finger today.

Looks like the other 37 folks are picking OU - sooooooooo - yeah, not holding my breathe here.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

He'll change it about 10 minutes before the kid ever announces, which could be good for us.   8)   

RazorPiggie

If a recruit visits Arkansas then it seems like Otis picks them.

Hollywood_HOGan45

He got to observe Oklahoma being booed by their fans and a half empty stadium in the 3rd Q.

I like our chances now.

ImHogginIt

Remember RD was the first say Arkansas had a good chance of getting Jalin. Others questioned that.
He said he had three different sources saying they felt good about Arkansas chances.

ldfergu

We are essentially trying to get Jalin to do what Alabama got Tenpenny and Frazier to do

immahog

I was just about to ask whats otis track rec on this kind of stuff,think I have my answer but I sure hope he is right this time 
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

trashcan maN

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 11, 2014, 11:18:07 am
Remember RD was the first say Arkansas had a good chance of getting Jalin. Others questioned that.
He said he had three different sources saying they felt good about Arkansas chances.
Davenport was saying he liked Arkansas' chances when Danny West was saying there was absolutely no chance we'd land Barnett. Danny has changed his tune since then :)

Props to RD

Georgeofthejungle

Has Jalin set an announcement date yet?

jjdlc

There hasn't been any new pics for Jalin in quite some time till this morning.  Otis, had previously picked him to go to OU, so it does make me wonder if he didn't hear something.  I was thinking at one time I had heard Jalin planned to announce sometime in November, but I could be mixing someone else up.

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 11, 2014, 11:31:58 am
We are essentially trying to get Jalin to do what Alabama got Tenpenny and Frazier to do

Think about it, Tenpenny and Frazier went to a perennial powerhouse.  We're trying to get Barnett to come to a team that has lost 17 straight conference games.  If our staff pulls that off.... wow, of course, if we start winning then things really could shift our way.

IBleedRazorbackRed

OU guys saying they haven't been able to get ahold of him after this weekend. That has to be a good sign for us.

FutureMan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 11, 2014, 11:17:14 am
He got to observe Oklahoma being booed by their fans and a half empty stadium in the 3rd Q.

I like our chances now.

I was just going to mention this.  OU fans were not pleased with last Saturday's performance and made their opinions vocal.  Hearing the home crowd boo may have had an impact on Jalin's thinking.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

jjdlc

Quote from: FutureMan on November 11, 2014, 11:44:12 am
I was just going to mention this.  OU fans were not pleased with last Saturday's performance and made their opinions vocal.  Hearing the home crowd boo may have had an impact on Jalin's thinking.

Yes it would, I am glad, as bad as things have been, our fans have stayed for the most part very supportive at the games at least.

Oklahawg

Some rumblings over here that Stoops has worn out his welcome. He was pissy in the pressers towards fans and deflected hard questions and propped up his past records and recruiting, Sugar Bowl, etc. Sounds like a man wanting to start over.

Muschamps may exit just in time.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ldfergu

Does anyone know if Jalin will come back for an unofficial before he decides?

sickboy

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 11, 2014, 11:50:55 am
Some rumblings over here that Stoops has worn out his welcome. He was pissy in the pressers towards fans and deflected hard questions and propped up his past records and recruiting, Sugar Bowl, etc. Sounds like a man wanting to start over.

I've heard these rumblings too. Heard from someone that both parties (Okalahoma brass vs Stoops) may be ready to go in different directions.

FutureMan

Quote from: jjdlc on November 11, 2014, 11:46:03 am
Yes it would, I am glad, as bad as things have been, our fans have stayed for the most part very supportive at the games at least.

Absolutely.  Just goes to show you how important every aspect of recruiting is.  Yes, ultimately it is the coaches' job to establish the relationship with the recruit, but it is our job, as fans, to support our team and our players.  That is not to say you are not allowed to question, but as long as it is done in a respectful, constructive manner.  Spewing blind hatred and disgracing coaches and players DOES NOT HELP ANYONE.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

PorkRinds

If it's not OU, I think it's us. I like our chances.

greenie

If things are really getting bad in Norman, then let's get after Will Sunderland and PJ Mbanasor as well as Barnett.

texas tush hog

We will.

FutureMan

I don't know to the extent that he has "worn out his welcome" but he for sure has been testy in his pressers.  I live in Tulsa so I listen to his press conferences every Monday.  Oftentimes, he just gives one word answers, othertimes he has ridiculed the reporter asking the question.  Yesterday, they were grilling him on some comment he made where he didn't care what the fans thought.

Makes me appreciate CBB so much more after hearing a Stoops conference.  CBB is always willing to give information and is never pissy about it.  He always has great stories and great moral lessons.  I appreciate his conferences immensely.

- E.E. Cummings

ldfergu

Quote from: greenie on November 11, 2014, 11:55:45 am
If things are really getting bad in Norman, then let's get after Will Sunderland and PJ Mbanasor as well as Barnett.

That would be insane

Tomhog™

It is nice to hear our recruiting gurus talk about having good chances.  But, I love the fact that we have the best recruiting OL coach in the country in Pittman.  Chances are very good just knowing that.

Bubba's Bruisers

He's seemingly sounded this way for a while now.  He probably should have left a couple years ago.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 11, 2014, 12:33:18 pm
He's seemingly sounded this way for a while now.  He probably should have left a couple years ago.

IMO the only reason he wasn't interested in going to Fla. at that time was his fear of getting his rear end handed to him in the SEC.  And he was probably right.

It's just hilarious that he's getting his rear end handed to him in the Big 12-2-2+2 anyway.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 11, 2014, 12:36:13 pm
IMO the only reason he wasn't interested in going to Fla. at that time was his fear of getting his rear end handed to him in the SEC.  And he was probably right.

It's just hilarious that he's getting his rear end handed to him in the Big 12-2-2+2 anyway.

Maybe so.  He's still an excellent coach who likely needs a change of scenery.  Wonder what he could do at a program like Michigan, which has rich tradition in a conference full of cream puffs.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 11, 2014, 12:36:13 pm

True, now is a good time for him to go to FL.  He could clean house in FL in recruiting, and with the shape of the SEC East right now, he could turn things around fairly quickly.  Will be intriguing to watch that scenario come December/January.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: FutureMan on November 11, 2014, 11:44:12 am

They are not happy at all with the state of the program over here. I listen to Tulsa local sports talk and Jimbo Elrod (former OU great) commented on how several former players don't think this staff works as hard as they used to in preparation for game week.

Oklahoma may finish with just 3 losses but it won't erase the pure ugliness from last saturday and Im thrilled to death Jalin was there for the meltdowns.

Pig in the Pokey

He put out feelers to us during our search. Been rumblings for awhile w/ Stoops. It seems like he went all in w/ the Alabama win; pushed all his chips. He's been mouthing the SEC ever since and had his cred on the rise, but this implosion has exposed all of that as unjustified arrogance.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The real Hogules

Quote from: jjdlc on November 11, 2014, 12:43:49 pm
True, now is a good time for him to go to FL.  He could clean house in FL in recruiting, and with the shape of the SEC East right now, he could turn things around fairly quickly.  Will be intriguing to watch that scenario come December/January.

I doubt that Stoops will go anywhere.
We hear this same crap every single year and then OU gives him a bump in pay and he declares his undying love for all things Sooner and everyone hugs and makes nice in Soonerland.
I don't expect Bob Stoops to be coaching anywhere other than in Norman, OK for a loooooong time.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Vantage 8 dude

Well in listening to "Big Game Bob" for a while now I'm not at all surprised at some of the attitude he's been displaying of late. Seems that he's always been pretty much a "legend in his own mind" who comes off as thinking he always deserves more than what he has. The crowing he did after last year's Sugar Bowl is a prime example. While it's true OU finally defeated a SEC team in the form of a generally disinterested 'Bama squad, you would have thought the way he acted immediately after and throughout the off season the Sooners had actually won the NC last year. IMO the guy's a true worm.                 

BTW I'm sure many of you saw the same meltdown late in the game last week when one of the OU defensive starters was yelling and screaming at both the Stoop brothers. I'm sure he was telling his coaches who much he admired and appreciated the game planning and management they were providing the team.

Redhogs

Does not surprise....could see this coming after Sat.....and love every second of it.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 12:56:41 pm
I doubt that Stoops will go anywhere.
We hear this same crap every single year and then OU gives him a bump in pay and he declares his undying love for all things Sooner and everyone hugs and makes nice in Soonerland.
I don't expect Bob Stoops to be coaching anywhere other than in Norman, OK for a loooooong time.
I don't know, things can change real fast when they go bad after a coach has been at the same place for so long.  Phat Phil comes to mind.

Redhogs

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 11, 2014, 12:57:09 pm
Well in listening to "Big Game Bob" for a while now I'm not at all surprised at some of the attitude he's been displaying of late. Seems that he's always been pretty much a "legend in his own mind" who comes off as thinking he always deserves more than what he has. The crowing he did after last year's Sugar Bowl is a prime example. While it's true OU finally defeated a SEC team in the form of a generally disinterested 'Bama squad, you would have thought the way he acted immediately after and throughout the off season the Sooners had actually won the NC last year. IMO the guy's a true worm.                 

BTW I'm sure many of you saw the same meltdown late in the game last week when one of the OU defensive starters was yelling and screaming at both the Stoop brothers. I'm sure he was telling his coaches who much he admired and appreciated the game planning and management they were providing the team.
Yep...good post.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Redhogs on November 11, 2014, 01:26:47 pm
I don't know, things can change real fast when they go bad after a coach has been at the same place for so long.  Phat Phil comes to mind.

Where's BGB going to go where he has an easier path to the BCSNCG, Florida?
While it might on the surface appear to be a plum job, he'd still have to win the SECCG to make it for sure. Not to mention beating Georgia, a resurgent Tennessee team and USC-E, just for the privilege of facing the SEC-W champion to earn that right.
I may be proven wrong, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 01:44:04 pm
While it might on the surface appear to be a plum job, he'd still have to win the SECCG to make it for sure. Not to mention beating Georgia, a resurgent Tennessee team and USC-E, just for the privilege of facing the SEC-W champion to earn that right.
I may be proven wrong, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
Well I'd invite ole Bobby boy to accept the invitation to coach in the SEC IF it's extended to him. I mean after all his mouthing off about the SEC's being overrated I think this would be a perfect opportunity to show the other "losers" over here-Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier and others-how a REAL HC gets things done. Then again, like a lot of blow hards filled with their own hot air I suspect BS-interesting those initials-would   decline even if asked.

Smokehouse

Most people I've talked to are angrier at Mike than Bob right now. He still has some goodwill banked.

IMO Bob put all his eggs in the Baker Mayfield basket and moved Bell to TE, so when Mayfield wasn't ruled eligible he found himself starting the season with no backup QB. OU probably beats one of TCU/KSU if they had been willing to let Knight rush on the read-option. Instead they were afraid their only viable QB would get hurt so they called "read-options" where Knight clearly was told not to keep. Lots of wasted plays.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 11, 2014, 12:31:55 pm
It is nice to hear our recruiting gurus talk about having good chances.  But, I love the fact that we have the best recruiting OL coach coaches in the country in Pittman and Bielema.  Chances are very good just knowing that.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

http://247sports.com/User/Otis%20Kirk/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2015

Here are all of Otis' predictions for 2015 so far.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

lumphog

Was granny with him for the OU visit ?

Peter Porker

Peppa Pig

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 11, 2014, 01:44:04 pm

Michigan

There is zero chance Bob comes to the SEC.  He might be a slimebag but he's not an idiot.  It's way too hard to win in this conference.  If he leaves, he'll move to a conference that offers the same thing the Big 12 did for years and years: win ONE big game each year and have a chance to play for a title.  Instead of Texas/OU, it'll be Ohio St/Michigan.  Win that one rivalry game, take care of the cupcakes, and you're in the playoff.

Oklahoma has drifted down to a middle of the pack team in a bad conference.  Texas will only get better.  Baylor is not going anywhere.  The B12 cakewalk is over for Bob so if he moves, it will be to a similar situation that he had before.

secneahog

OU just didn't get beat by Baylor...they got beat like they stole something.

Barnett said he wanted to see how OU would do vs Baylor ...well there ya go.

I'm hearing OU was only showing attention to Barnett while he was on his Arkansas visit. They gave him the cold shoulder treatment and only worried about the five oline guys currently committed.

Sounds kind of like the Denver Kirkland, Miami situation.

Call them Hogs Jalin, your family will love Arkansas.   :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: Peppa Pig on November 11, 2014, 03:44:15 pm
Michigan

There is zero chance Bob comes to the SEC.  He might be a slimebag but he's not an idiot.  It's way too hard to win in this conference.  If he leaves, he'll move to a conference that offers the same thing the Big 12 did for years and years: win ONE big game each year and have a chance to play for a title.  Instead of Texas/OU, it'll be Ohio St/Michigan.  Win that one rivalry game, take care of the cupcakes, and you're in the playoff.

Oklahoma has drifted down to a middle of the pack team in a bad conference.  Texas will only get better.  Baylor is not going anywhere.  The B12 cakewalk is over for Bob so if he moves, it will be to a similar situation that he had before.

This.  He will pull the Urban Meyer card and run to the Big Easy. Michigan.

Funny how people was saying Bielema was running from the big easy because of urban Meyer .

He just took a job in the Sec West because he was worried about competition. 

:D
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 11, 2014, 12:33:18 pm

Correct. Several good opportunities have passed his way.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Music City Hog

Danny said Oklahoma has stopped making him a priority since they have 5 OL commits and that's why people are saying he may be a Hog.  He still is taking last two OVs to Oregon St and Okie St.