Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs land #3 golf recruit

Started by HognitiveDissonance, November 10, 2014, 09:15:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Arthur pigby sellers.

Remember the hard part about getting a big time golf recruit is not getting them to commit but getting them eligible.  These guys often have poor role models growing up and lack the structure at home needed to perform well in the classroom.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.

Hawgzinbowlz

Vantage 8 dude

Obviously Coaches CBB/staff and Anderson/staff aren't the only ones that have been out "beating the bushes" and having some very good fortune finding talent.

onebadrubi

He looks too small and his 40 is too slow to play MLB.  SOB!

Hogville jokes aside, I've wondered why the U of A hasn't attracted high ranked HS golf recruits.  The facilities are probably top 15-25 in the nation and that's being very conservative. 

stickhog

Arthur,

Not to worry on this one.  I know his family very well and Austin is a terrific young man from a great family.  He was very impressed with the facilities but the thing that landed him was the coach and teams commitment to focus on improving his game in a family atmosphere.  He wanted an environment that was focused on the right things and not a partying atmosphere.  Great job by the coaches and current players.  Again he is a first class person who will be a great ambassador for the Hogs.

BTW, Jordan Spieth's swing coach told him his game was ready for the tour now.  Better go see him as a freshman because he will be on the tour before you know it!

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Speedracer

Rivals will probably drop him to a 3* now
Like smites bother me.

ricepig

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 10, 2014, 10:28:29 pm
Remember the hard part about getting a big time golf recruit is not getting them to commit but getting them eligible.  These guys often have poor role models growing up and lack the structure at home needed to perform well in the classroom.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one.

What?? You might want to check the team GPA.......

RazorPiggie

Quote from: stickhog on November 10, 2014, 11:48:47 pm
Arthur,

Not to worry on this one.  I know his family very well and Austin is a terrific young man from a great family.  He was very impressed with the facilities but the thing that landed him was the coach and teams commitment to focus on improving his game in a family atmosphere.  He wanted an environment that was focused on the right things and not a partying atmosphere.  Great job by the coaches and current players.  Again he is a first class person who will be a great ambassador for the Hogs.

BTW, Jordan Spieth's swing coach told him his game was ready for the tour now.  Better go see him as a freshman because he will be on the tour before you know it!

Small joke.

TrueBlue

Connelly has traveled to several overseas courses and said after seeing our our training facilities, "I fell in love, It was like nothing I've seen before."

Pretty good endorsement.

Now if we will only break out the all-black golf outfits for one tournament next year!....