Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Move Duwop to QB!

Started by Sweet Pea, November 08, 2014, 07:29:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Pea

Move Duwop back to QB in the spring. Couldn't hurt right?

secfan30

I'm sure they've practiced it.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Remember when he signed as a "QB", but many speculated that he wouldn't play QB?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

yraciv

Everyone loves the backup QB. In this case, the former 4th string QB, that couldn't even beat out AJ Derby. No thanks! He is fine for gimmick run plays here and there, but I think it's more than obvious the guy doesn't have the arm.

jcharkansas

Well that's where he started at right? Not sure why they moved him but must of been for some reason, although I don't see what it would hurt

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: yraciv on November 08, 2014, 07:33:42 pm
Everyone loves the backup QB.

Except he's not the backup QB, which on this team means he ain't QB caliber.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jcharkansas on November 08, 2014, 07:34:05 pm
Well that's where he started at right? Not sure why they moved him but must of been for some reason, although I don't see what it would hurt

Because I don't think they ever seriously thought of him as a QB. 

yraciv

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers link=topic=580328.msgquote author=jcharkansas link=topic=580328.msg9328423#msg9328423 date=1415496845]

What would it hurt? Well it would take away reps from real QB that can actually throw the ball.  The only way you do this is if you blowup the offense and go to a read option or wishbone look.  You don't do that in November when you are a competitive team.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: yraciv on November 08, 2014, 07:38:44 pm
What would it hurt? Well it would take away reps from real QB that can actually throw the ball.  The only way you do this is if you blowup the offense and go to a read option or wishbone look.  You don't do that in November when you are a competitive team.

How did my name get associated with that quote?

yraciv

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 07:40:05 pm

No clue, not seen that error before.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 07:40:05 pm
he accidentally removed one of the quote brackets when posting so it combined your post and the one you quoted
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

SemperFi

Duwop is a good kid and a good member of this football team, but if he hasn't broken into the QB mix yet I doubt that he ever will. We'll have what everyone wants next season with Austin Allen, Rafe Peavey and Ty Storey all competing with BA for the QB position. In the meantime, all this complaining isn't going to change anything.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jcharkansas

Quote from: yraciv on November 08, 2014, 07:38:44 pm
I wasn't talking about now, more like spring but we're not exactly killing it a Qb and I was not aware he couldn't throw the ball as he was a Qb once upon a time

PonderinHog

I'm pretty sure both Duwop and Korliss Marshall are safeties.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorcineSublime on November 08, 2014, 07:46:31 pm
he accidentally removed one of the quote brackets when posting so it combined your post and the one you quoted

I figured something like that.  Didn't want credit for something I didn't write.  No worries.

Danny J

Wouldn't mind seeing some read option or similar no matter who is running it. Would LOVE to see it pulled out in 4th quarter if we are tied or close to LSU.

hogs24

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 08, 2014, 07:50:46 pm
I'm pretty sure both Duwop and Korliss Marshall are safeties.
think they could play linebacker?
???
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

yraciv

Quote from: jcharkansas on November 08, 2014, 07:49:09 pm
I wasn't talking about now, more like spring but we're not exactly killing it a Qb and I was not aware he couldn't throw the ball as he was a Qb once upon a time

I'm sure he can throw a 10 yard post, but he clearly doesn't have the arm strength. I could have told you that from his highschool tape.  It was even more evident when the coaches gave him a change and he couldn't get playing time over Derby.  I'm pretty sure the coaches never expected Duwop to be anything more than a change of pace wildcat QB.

Pigstie

Quote from: yraciv on November 08, 2014, 08:14:05 pm
I'm sure he can throw a 10 yard post, but he clearly doesn't have the arm strength. I could have told you that from his highschool tape.  It was even more evident when the coaches gave him a change and he couldn't get playing time over Derby.  I'm pretty sure the coaches never expected Duwop to be anything more than a change of pace wildcat QB.
If that's the case it was a wasted scholarship.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pigstie on November 08, 2014, 08:19:14 pm
If that's the case it was a wasted scholarship.

I think the whole QB thing was nothing more than lip service by the staff.  I think they saw him as an athlete.

redeye

Just because fans don't know that BA is the best option, doesn't mean the coaches don't know.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redeye on November 08, 2014, 08:30:16 pm
Just because fans don't know that BA is the best option, doesn't mean the coaches don't know.

I think it's obvious BA is best option right now.