Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rafe Peavey

Started by Section B, November 08, 2014, 05:51:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Section B

Do any of the "in the know" insiders on here know if R Peavey can actually play qb at a high (SEC) level?

Watching A&M's freshman qb Allen makes me wonder what if.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

tophawg19

no one knows what he cann do. he has never tried yet
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Section B

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 08, 2014, 05:53:19 pm
no one knows what he cann do. he has never tried yet

Thought maybe some of the practice watchers might have some insight.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

Bubba's Bruisers

He's very likely not Kyle Allen, but very few are.  I'm thinking he's maybe the starter in 2016 subject to Storey's development.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Section B

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 05:54:19 pm
He's very likely not Kyle Allen, but very few are.  I'm thinking he's maybe the starter in 2016 subject to Storey's development.

I realize few are at Kyle Allen's level, but was he an overrated qb recruit or is he actually capable?

Amen brotha.

Razor6

Was wondering the same thing.  Good game on TV tonight...
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Section B on November 08, 2014, 05:56:53 pm
I realize few are at Kyle Allen's level, but was he an overrated qb recruit or is he actually capable?

No clue.  Hoping he's at least a step better than Allen.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

scorekeeper

LoL. I know where this thread is heading.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Razorbacking

The kid played in the UA all American game. Y'all are selling this kid short.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Razorbacking on November 08, 2014, 05:59:25 pm

MM did as well, no?
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

ricepig

As a fill in for an injured player, but yes he played and is talented.

Section B

Quote from: Razor6 on November 08, 2014, 05:57:39 pm
Was wondering the same thing.  Good game on TV tonight...

Yep.  Can't decide if B Allen (who I think plays as hard as he can) or Chaney is the core offensive problem.  Also can't decide if Peavey can really play whether he would make a difference at this point.

Amen brotha.

Section B

Not selling anyone short just wondering whether Peavey is an SEC level qb or not.

Amen brotha.

Section B

Quote from: scorekeeper on November 08, 2014, 05:59:19 pm
LoL. I know where this thread is heading.

Hopefully to an answer to my original question by someone who knows.

Amen brotha.

Deep Shoat

I'm hearing he isn't likely to ever see the field. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Section B on November 08, 2014, 06:01:32 pm
Yep.  Can't decide if B Allen (who I think plays as hard as he can) or Chaney is the core offensive problem.  Also can't decide if Peavey can really play whether he would make a difference at this point.

I think BA is an average at best SEC QB.  However, he's also limited by his WR corp.  So I don't think Peavey would make a difference right now unless he was truly special.  Given that he's redshirting, I'm guessing he's not special at this time.  I bet BA is the starter day one next year too.

Razorbacking

He was a fill in but still played none the less. And threw a TD pass. No one on this board knows what this kid is capable of. Give him a shot. We have seen what BA can do. And that's not a knock, he is what he is.

snoblind

Quote from: Section B on November 08, 2014, 05:54:06 pm
Thought maybe some of the practice watchers might have some insight.

Practices aren't open.  Even the media only sees a portion of some drills.

Which makes some posters' opinions so amusing.  From their posts you would think they not only watch every practice, but also sit in all the team, position, and coaches meetings given how sure they are of what they think they know.

Section B

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 06:05:22 pm
I think BA is an average at best SEC QB.  However, he's also limited by his WR corp.  So I don't think Peavey would make a difference right now unless he was truly special.  Given that he's redshirting, I'm guessing he's not special at this time.  I bet BA is the starter day one next year too.

That is my take as well.  But keep hearing that Bielema is redshirting players to create a stronger foundation.  Just wondering if Peavey is part of that plan.

Amen brotha.

Section B

Quote from: snoblind on November 08, 2014, 06:07:35 pm
Practices aren't open.  Even the media only sees a portion of some drills.

Still some on here have connections and know the truth of the situation.

Amen brotha.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 06:03:01 pm
Think he played in the AA game, which ironically, is a higher level than UA.

yep
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Razorbacking

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 06:03:01 pm
Think he played in the AA game, which ironically, is a higher level than UA.

I'd say UA game has better players since it began

Section B

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2014, 06:16:38 pm
http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/1/2/5268382/recap-of-rafe-peavey-at-the-under-armour-all-america-game-arkansas-razorbacks-quarterback-recruiting

Thanks ricepig.

Not anti-B Allen by any means but think if Peavey is an actual player he should be able to beat out B Allen next year (since it's obvious he's not playing this year).

Amen brotha.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: wupigsuey on November 08, 2014, 06:01:11 pm

MM did as well, no?

And was 8-0 as a Razorback starting QB  :razorback:

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 08, 2014, 06:03:49 pm

From who?

The kid was a stud in HS, would be a MAJOR bust if true.

MojaveJoe

As good as I think Peavey will be, Allen is better than K. Hill was and with another year experience I think he'll be too much improved to lose.

Not that I'm really high on BA, but he must be great in practice or something...

Section B

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 08, 2014, 06:25:32 pm
From who?

The kid was a stud in HS, would be a MAJOR bust if true.

That's what I'm trying to decipher.  Is he going to be a recruiting bust or is he just being held back by Bielema for a supposed stronger team in the future.

Amen brotha.

popcornhog

Quote from: Section B on November 08, 2014, 06:03:32 pm
Hopefully to an answer to my original question by someone who knows.

Unfortunately the coaches are the only ones that would really know. Nobody can answer this question with any real credibility my man.
WPS

RazorPiggie

There is a reason Kyle Allen was the #1 QB coming out last year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Razorbacking on November 08, 2014, 06:15:41 pm
I'd say UA game has better players since it began

I wouldn't, but getting any kid from either game is great.

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

geauxhawgs

We'll never know bc we'll keep saying "Brandon Allen gives us the best chance to win..." at 0-17 all time in the SEC.

Pigsknuckles

Can we effin ditch the Duwop / Peavey puzzles. Neither has proven anything but renegade fan expectations. So tired of unproductive threads on players who have not proven a dime of performance. Damn...this isn't hard.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Theolesnort

Peavey has a awkward delivery. Now that in itself is not a killer but it doesn't help either. Basically he needs to correct his footwork and delivery where his arm comes way to low when he releases the ball. But this is college and not the pros where many a player has got away with some flaws in their game.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

lumphog

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2014, 06:01:21 pm
As a fill in for an injured player, but yes he played and is talented.
AND.....played VERY WELL!!!!

hogblitz

I have seen a quite a few true freshman QB's win over the last several weeks. A true freshman QB  can play at other SEC schools.  Just not on our team!  Well, we have nearly completed 2 years in Chaney's system.  I guess we now need to add another year or two that it takes to learn his play book.   Or are we up to needing a QB in the system 5 years?  A red shirt senior?!   

Section B

Quote from: Theolesnort on November 08, 2014, 06:40:39 pm
Peavey has a awkward delivery. Now that in itself is not a killer but it doesn't help either. Basically he needs to correct his footwork and delivery where his arm comes way to low when he releases the ball. But this is college and not the pros where many a player has got away with some flaws in their game.

Finally.  A response with some weight. Thanks.

Amen brotha.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Theolesnort on November 08, 2014, 06:40:39 pm

A low delivery with an o-line that averages about 6'7"? 
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Razorbacking

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 08, 2014, 06:40:00 pm
Can we effin ditch the Duwop / Peavey puzzles. Neither has proven anything but renegade fan expectations. So tired of unproductive threads on players who have not proven a dime of performance. Damn...this isn't hard.

Because BA has proven everything

geauxhawgs

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 08, 2014, 06:40:00 pm

When your starting qb is 0-17 or proven a NICKEL of performance.... these threads aren't going away anytime soon.

FATHAWG08

what you  might be hearing is one thing, what I've seen is a QB who has not won a SEC game for the Hogs in 2 years.
I love off season Football!!

Ex-Trumpet

This year or ever?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Section B

Locked. Really. 

No malice intended in my original post/question. Just in search of information.

Amen brotha.

Hogman2

We will never know UNTIL he plays in a real game NOT IN PRACTICE ALONE!

Section B

Quote from: Hogman2 on November 08, 2014, 07:08:32 pm
We will never know UNTIL he plays in a real game NOT IN PRACTICE ALONE!

Agree. Just wondering about next year. Think I got my answer though.

Amen brotha.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Section B on November 08, 2014, 07:07:06 pm
Locked. Really. 

No malice intended in my original post/question. Just in search of information.

We got at least three more years of allens.  Might need to shut your yap about anything questioning that the allens are not the answer to all of our problems.

Hate to be this way.  I do.