Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RW3 in game report

Started by PlanoHog, November 07, 2014, 08:19:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanoHog

He just ripped off a 66 yard TD run around the left side down the sidelines. Showed impressive speed. He also has a 9 yd TD up the middle. The option read is their base play for him. He has some nice moves inside. From what I have seen thus far, the Hogs have found themselves a very good RB.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

lumphog

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

greasy_corner

redeye

collegestationhog

I saw him play a few weeks ago. Very impressive.

PlanoHog

This kid is better than I thought. He ran a wheel route out of the backfield, caught a pass one handed about 15 yards downfield, and took it in from 37 yards. Left lots of Lion defenders on the turf. This catch was ESPN worthy. His speed is very very good for such power. He also can get to the corner well. He gets square to the line once he gets a crease, leans forward which allows him to keep the legs going for extra yard. We are not the biggest defense, but we have 4 D1 prospects on D, albeit all underclassmen,

His g/f goes to UA. If that wasn't the case, word from some of the BL parents that I know said he'd be going to Oxford for immediate playing time.

Personally, you will see him carrying the ball next year. He is not a redshirt candidate.

yraciv

Quote from: PlanoHog on November 07, 2014, 10:27:36 pm
This kid is better than I thought. He ran a wheel route out of the backfield, caught a pass one handed about 15 yards downfield, and took it in from 37 yards. Left lots of Lion defenders on the turf. This catch was ESPN worthy. His speed is very very good for such power. He also can get to the corner well. He gets square to the line once he gets a crease, leans forward which allows him to keep the legs going for extra yard. We are not the biggest defense, but we have 4 D1 prospects on D, albeit all underclassmen,

His g/f goes to UA. If that wasn't the case, word from some of the BL parents that I know said he'd be going to Oxford for immediate playing time.

Personally, you will see him carrying the ball next year. He is not a redshirt candidate.

Appreciate the report, but certainly he is a RS candidate if we return JWil, Korliss, & Collins. You redshirt the 4th string back if he is a true FR and only will get mopup carries if you can.  But like I always say RB is the easiest position to have an instant impact as a FR.

BatesvilleHOG

Williams III is underrated in my opinion. Doing big things against the best competition high school football has to offer in America.

Doesn't get any better than Texas High School football.

PlanoHog

I disagree with 4th string mop up. He is playing behind a very pedestrian OL at BL. If he continues to develop, given the type of OL the Hogs will have, RW will not the 4th back. Injuries will keep him in the rotation at least.

My concerns with the current stable of RBs at UA, we have seen some issues with Alex and Korliss in the past couple years. So, I think RW will be prepared to go.

One impressive thing at Bishop Lynch and PCA, both have a magnificent weight training and conditioning program. Come look at our facilities, they will rival many colleges. Former Hog, Tony Ollison is our full time strength and conditioning coach, one of only 3 schools in the nation with a full time position. BL has some equally qualified strength coaches as well. So, he won't be showing up lacking in that regard.

DeAngelo Williams comes to mind when making a comparison when each was in HS. I would say, RW might not be quite as fast but he appears about 10-15 pounds heavier and stronger. Not saying he'll be that good, but from my time recruiting, he has me sold that the Hogs have something special. I think a Charles West or any other back would be icing at this point in the signing class. And I don't know too many top HS RBs, when they look at our roster and if they know about RW, want to wait in line.

trashcan maN

Any thoughts on his rather skimpy offer list? Can't figure out why he only has 2 decent offers.

PlanoHog

That's a question for Richard. Maybe its the g/f thing, I have no idea other than he plays in TAPPS I, largest schools, which some might consider the best schools in this league on the level of a low UIL 5A or high 4A. So, he is not consistently seeing 11 defenders like he might in 6A.  However, he is not running behind a very big OL and everyone is keying on him.

TAPPS I will produce lots of D1 talent, like Jovan Pruitt or Darian Daniels of Bishop Dunne, who has about 10-11 Prime Prep transfers this season or the 6 juniors we have with D1 offers or commits to Miami, Baylor, OSU and TCU. It's always a question of depth for all TAPPS teams. So best TAPPS will play tough schools out of district like IMG Academy or big UIL schools.

texas tush hog

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 08, 2014, 08:32:26 am
Any thoughts on his rather skimpy offer list? Can't figure out why he only has 2 decent offers.

A smallish private school makes recruiters wary, although Ole Miss had no concerns.

yraciv

Let's just say I'll be very surprised if a 3 star HS back from TX gets carries over what I think is one of the top 3, three headed RB attacks in the nation.  This isn't a knock on Williams, I'm certainly impressed with his level of domination so far, but this is more a comment on what we have. He doesn't have the speed of Korliss. He doesn't have the vision of Collins. And he doesn't have the all around game of Williams.  We've got 3 proven backs that we struggle to give all reps right now, so I can only imagine a year down the road when you throw Juan Day and this guy in the mix.

The wildcard is J Wil going pro or Korliss being kicked off, and if either happens I certainly could  see RW3 getting reps from the start.

incHOGnito

Quote from: yraciv on November 08, 2014, 11:57:10 am
Let's just say I'll be very surprised if a 3 star HS back from TX gets carries over what I think is one of the top 3, three headed RB attacks in the nation.  This isn't a knock on Williams, I'm certainly impressed with his level of domination so far, but this is more a comment on what we have. He doesn't have the speed of Korliss. He doesn't have the vision of Collins. And he doesn't have the all around game of Williams.  We've got 3 proven backs that we struggle to give all reps right now, so I can only imagine a year down the road when you throw Juan Day and this guy in the mix.

The wildcard is J Wil going pro or Korliss being kicked off, and if either happens I certainly could  see RW3 getting reps from the start.

Maybe this will change before the end of the season but Korliss is far from a proven back. He has tons of natural ability but has not been able to put it together yet.

ZERO

Quote from: incHOGnito on November 08, 2014, 01:56:56 pm
Maybe this will change before the end of the season but Korliss is far from a proven back. He has tons of natural ability but has not been able to put it together yet.

Yeah, a lot of people let their imaginations get away from them during the preseason. He's been hyped a little unrealistically, I think. KM is damn good however, no question about it.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

PlanoHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Tusks

I'm glad his g/f goes to the hill but I hate to hear his athletic heart is at OMU
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

zane

RIP LSUfan

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2014, 09:41:55 pm
I'm glad his g/f goes to the hill but I hate to hear his athletic heart is at OMU

I don't believe that at all. If he wanted to play for ole miss, he'd still be committed to ole miss.

secneahog

He's been a great recruiter for the Hogs since committing. I like RW3 style.

Jwill.
AC.
KM
Evans.
Juan All Day.
Rw3

West?   

Loving that backfield.  :razorback:
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

whosiskid

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2014, 09:41:55 pm
I have to say as well that this is hard to believe. He has been avidly pro-Hog ever since he decommitted from Ole Miss and committed to us. In fact, he seemed pro-Hog even while committed to Ole Miss. It always seemed to me that he was likely to decommit from Ole Miss. If he weren't pro-Razorback he'd post pro-Ole MIss stuff on Twitter, but he doesn't. Instead he is completely WPS.

Plus we have two backs who will go well over 1,000 yards rushing and who will likely end up with 12 to 14 TDs apiece. Numbers like that will have a huge impact on recruiting.

Finally, Williams has to know that he will be a feature back once JWill leaves after his senior year (I don't think he'd do something incredibly stupid like go pro in a year where RBs are not valued as in the past and when there are so many excellent backs who can go in the second to fourth rounds - I think JWill would probably go in around the 3rd round, which would not justify his leaving college early - though perhaps he'll get a better grade than I suspect).

I honestly am not worried about a single one of our commits. The only possible scenario that concerns me at present is Gragg having so much fun on one of his visits that he decommits and takes KJ along with him. But I think the odds of that happening are pretty low. Some people say he might be feeling the lack of SEC losses, but I think most people all across the US know that Arkansas is a good team thanks to the way they have played all these ranked teams so closely.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson