Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Critical Game of the Year?

Started by Baller, November 06, 2014, 03:23:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baller

I think so for many reasons...  So critical you could make a case that it affects the program for years. 

What say you?  Will you show up in frigid weather to support your Arkansas Razorbacks?

Go Hogs  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

pigstuff

Quote from: Baller on November 06, 2014, 03:23:25 pm
I think so for many reasons...  So critical you could make a case that it affects the program for years. 

What say you?  Will you show up in frigid weather to support your Arkansas Razorbacks?

Baller

We win this game, and we will beat Mizzou.  We lose this game, and we likely lose our last 3.

A win dominos into another at Mizzou and then Arkansas goes bowling and everything changes.  The entire dynamic of the program changes.  Hope is completely restored and we're a team to be reckoned with in 2015.

A loss and we likely lose all 3, meaning our players have lost every single SEC game for nearly 3 years running.  Recruiting will inevitably suffer.  Morale will be decimated.  And Coach B will be on the Hot Seat (how hot has yet to be determined).

We need this win in the worst of ways.   I can't remember a win ever being so important to our program.

Go Hogs!

FutureMan

Is this game important? Absolutely.  It could potentially be the catalyst for a 3-0 close-out.  Is it the most critical game of the year?  No.  That game, in my opinion, belonged to Texas Tech, and luckily we delivered on that one in spades.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

elksnort

The sky is not going to fall if the hogs lose to LSU, but it is a very important game. Win, and I think there is impetus to win out.

Baller

Quote from: FutureMan on November 06, 2014, 03:36:42 pm
Is this game important? Absolutely.  It could potentially be the catalyst for a 3-0 close-out.  Is it the most critical game of the year?  No.  That game, in my opinion, belonged to Texas Tech, and luckily we delivered on that one in spades.

I guess I just don't understand how an OOC game against a poor Big 12 team could be more important than any single SEC game when you haven't won one of them in over a year.

Baller

Quote from: elksnort on November 06, 2014, 03:41:07 pm
The sky is not going to fall if the hogs lose to LSU, but it is a very important game. Win, and I think there is impetus to win out.

Win, and I believe we have a very good chance of winning out.  At least I can say we won't go to Mizzou with no purpose, which is what we would be doing if we lost to both LSU and Ole Miss.  A win next Saturday would spell a Bowl Game!  Wow!  What a turnaround that would be!

Lose, and I believe the sky could very well fall.  We would likely lose out.  And bad things I've already mentioned would likely happen.

A bowl game would reward the Seniors who have been screwed over big time with the firing and the JLS and the rebuilding under a completely different football philosophy and zero SEC wins in over 2 years.  I want that for them.

elksnort

Quote from: Baller on November 06, 2014, 03:43:16 pm
I guess I just don't understand how an OOC game against a poor Big 12 team could be more important than any single SEC game when you haven't won one of them in over a year.
Lose against Texas Tech, then Hogs would have had to win 3 SEC games to go bowling. As it is now, we have yet to win one. And, Texas Tech was a team that we SHOULD have beaten. A&M is really the only game that we lost where the hogs were the better team.

FutureMan

Quote from: Baller on November 06, 2014, 03:43:16 pm

Because before the season started, that was the game that was circled on our calendar as a must win.  All roads to a bowl game lead through Lubbock.  Hogville is a graveyard of posts back in August that covered that very same mentality.

At the time, before the season started, they were viewed as an equal to us.  In order to show that we have really made progress, we needed to beat them.  They were our Rutgers of this year.  Last year we lost, this year, we showed improvement and won.

I know if seems silly saying it now because of how poor/mediocre Tech has been this season, but if you looked at the season as a whole, without the luxury of seeing the games already played out, that was THE GAME.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Hawgey-Davidson

Given our current situation, the most critical game is always the next one.

Baller

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on November 06, 2014, 03:51:31 pm

That may have been true the past 5 SEC games this year, but I really feel that, because of our current situation, this LSU game is more critical than any others have been.  If we lose this game, I won't say Ole Miss is a critical, because I will expect us to lose that game, and I'll also expect us to lose at Mizzou.  If we win, we have a chance to finish with 7 wins, and 6 wins becomes probable.  What a turnaround that would be?!!

Pigsknuckles

There is wisdom here.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Baller

MSU was not as critical.  We had other opponents in November who we could beat to get to a bowl game.  Playing the #1 team in the country in their own stadium was not as critical of a victory.  I believe this game vs. a beatable and ranked LSU at home is our most critical yet.

AFWarrior83

We win this game, we go bowling IMO. We lose, we'll likely go o'fer in conference again for the second straight year. Hopefully this team looks at this game the same way, because if they want to become bowl eligible, we have to get a W.

It's hard to say it's the most important game of the season however, because the Bama/MSst games were huge! If we had won either one of those, we wouldn't be in such a dire situation. I'd say the LSU game is the most important from here on out.
Hogville member since 2005.

wupigsuey

Not the most critical IMO but not winning one this year looms large.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Baller on November 06, 2014, 04:21:19 pm
MSU was not as critical.  We had other opponents in November who we could beat to get to a bowl game.  Playing the #1 team in the country in their own stadium was not as critical of a victory.  I believe this game vs. a beatable and ranked LSU at home is our most critical yet.

Exactly  These next 3 games with 2 of 3 at home are critical for making a bowl and building momentum for next year. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hoggish1

I'd show up if I could.  But, at least I'll show up in front of my TV.  This win will launch us...!

HogScoutMaster

LSU is that game

WE win that game we can build some momentum and finish strong.  If we dont win that game we WILL NOT win the rest.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Baller on November 06, 2014, 03:23:25 pm

"Affects the program for years"?! Wow, now that IS stout! While I understand the Hogs desperately need to break the "0 for" string we've been battling and that beating a very good LSU team would be a TREMENDOUS way to start, to say it could mean such a critical difference " for years" may be a mite over the top there. Look, whether it be against LSU, Ole Miss or Mizzou this season or they're forced to wait until early next year the Hogs will finally break their conference losing streak. Obviously the sooner they can do it the better for ALL of us.

I view this coming game as the MOST important one because it's the next one we play; it's therefore the only one we have any control over at this point in time. Simple as that. BTW I certainly agree wholeheartedly that we need all the support we can muster for the game from EVERYONE in a position to be there. Let's make DWRRS a northern version of Tiger Stadium next Saturday evening.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Baller on November 06, 2014, 03:46:04 pm
Win, and I believe we have a very good chance of winning out.  At least I can say we won't go to Mizzou with no purpose, which is what we would be doing if we lost to both LSU and Ole Miss.  A win next Saturday would spell a Bowl Game!  Wow!  What a turnaround that would be!

Lose, and I believe the sky could very well fall.  We would likely lose out.  And bad things I've already mentioned would likely happen.

A bowl game would reward the Seniors who have been screwed over big time with the firing and the JLS and the rebuilding under a completely different football philosophy and zero SEC wins in over 2 years.  I want that for them.
Call me nieve but I think win or lose against LSU this team and staff is better than "throwing in the towel" against either Ole Miss or Missouri. That's because despite the almost countless setbacks and heartbreak they've had to play through the past (almost) three years this program is filled with young men with the pride and honor that embodies the whole idea of being "Uncommon Men". It's called CHARACTER and whatever else this group of men may or may not have they most certainly have that in spades!!