Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny West just said on The Buzz....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, November 06, 2014, 02:59:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2014, 03:16:49 pm
He said on another site that when asked about who it was.

"Will it blow you away? Probably not"

Whatever that means.
So he's saying there's a chance it might blow us away? :)

Hawgzinbowlz

The due diligence that this staff performs gives optimism about any offered recruit that gives us a verbal. This staff is well aware of our 25 limit and won't waste any of them.

" GO HOGS "

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 07, 2014, 12:00:13 am
So he's saying there's a chance it might blow us away? :)

I think Marcus Walker would be pretty huge. But it may be someone who's already been mentioned a lot, like English.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on November 07, 2014, 12:27:46 am
I think Marcus Walker would be pretty huge. But it may be someone who's already been mentioned a lot, like English.

Walker or Dinson.  I would go with Walker. Jmo though.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

IBleedRazorbackRed

I bet it's the Vandy commit in Georgia. Commited somewhere else, not gonna blow you away.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 07, 2014, 07:37:49 am
I bet it's the Vandy commit in Georgia. Commited somewhere else, not gonna blow you away.

That's my guess.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ArkRazr

HawgPyle

Roney Elam from TexA&M.  Just a guess.

ricepig

Quote from: ArkRazr on November 07, 2014, 07:51:06 am
I want to say it's d.j. Brown
It's a defensive player, according to those who listen to or read him, from what I gather.

Wildhog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 07, 2014, 07:37:49 am

As good a guess as any.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2014, 08:41:33 am
As good a guess as any.

So, he received an offer and committed the same day, that'd be leaving a sinking ship quickly.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2014, 08:41:33 am
As good a guess as any.
Danny said "things could get interesting" with that kid and also said we would take one more DL in this class. With us still recruiting Gustin and the coaches getting good news on Wednesday night, I don't think the timing is right.

Who else are we on that is committed?

The Hogfather

Quote from: HawgPyle on November 07, 2014, 08:25:12 am
Roney Elam from TexA&M.  Just a guess.

Roney Elam would knock my socks off.  He has a bunch of legit offers.

ballhogger

I hope it is Redwine.  I did not realize he was such a big and physical Cornerback.

East TN HAWG

Has Elam visited? I don't remember hearing about him.

PEtrader

Troy Aikman has one year left of eligibility,  he is all Hog baby. 
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PEtrader on November 07, 2014, 11:42:00 am
Troy Aikman has one year left of eligibility,  he is all Hog baby.
Interesting thing is "back in the day" he REALLY was very interested. Apparently the major problem was that Hatfield ran a more wishbone oriented attack. Ironically as we know he initially went on to OU where he ran into a similar offensive (run first) scheme. UCLA's offense ended up fitting his skills to a "t".

Paul

Quote from: bruhawg on November 06, 2014, 08:58:50 pm
Lonnie Davis
Thanks  I've been trying to remember his name for over a year!

MH04

Danny has said a few times that "it's not gonna blow you away" I don't think he would actually say that about a new commit, I think he may be playing us a bit!

onebadrubi

He could also be attempting to raise subscriptions...  Almost Christmas time and he probably needs some extra coin for presents. 

Wildhog

It's not some Danny West conspiracy.  Good Lord. 

This sounds exactly like what we hear before we pick up a lower rated recruit.  He's just trying to temper expectations, which is fine.
1909/1964/1965/1977

showme

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on November 07, 2014, 12:04:25 am
The due diligence that this staff performs gives optimism about any offered recruit that gives us a verbal. This staff is well aware of our 25 limit and won't waste any of them.

" GO HOGS "
Saw this quote 1000's of times in the 2008-2011 time-frame so forgive me for not buying what you are selling.

onebadrubi

Quote from: showme on November 07, 2014, 12:19:04 pm
Saw this quote 1000's of times in the 2008-2011 time-frame so forgive me for not buying what you are selling.

It's apart of being a fan, I don't expect you to understand though.  Sometimes people have faith in their coaching staff, I don't expect you to have any. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2014, 12:18:40 pm
It's not some Danny West conspiracy.  Good Lord. 

This sounds exactly like what we hear before we pick up a lower rated recruit.  He's just trying to temper expectations, which is fine.

Correct.  It'll be the Smith kid or someone similar.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

Bubba's Bruisers

Amityvillehogger

Lol. There is some old names being thrown around! Blast from the past. Ivora Hall, Jr. and Marvin Byrdsong in the same thread. Mike Montgomery and Michael Tate say hello.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Speedracer

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on November 07, 2014, 02:04:44 pm
Nah

Guy told me they like his footwork and thinking about having him lose 15 lbs and play fullback. 
Like smites bother me.

ricepig

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2014, 03:21:31 pm
This is HV, where everybody can play LB.

I feel like over the past few years, we've wanted to move everyone to safety.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2014, 03:25:15 pm
I feel like over the past few years, we've wanted to move everyone to safety.

I think the staff wants to move Tretola to S. 

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

schmeck

Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: showme on November 07, 2014, 12:19:04 pm
This staff = 2014
2008-2011 = Different staff

It's not that difficult...

" GO HOGS "

BigSexyHog

Could be any of the 10-12 players were are still actively recruiting.   Should know something more solid in the next 10-12 days
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Speedracer on November 07, 2014, 02:06:25 pm
Guy told me they like his footwork and thinking about having him lose 15 lbs and play fullback.

Maybe a walk on candidate

BrassNunchucks

Off topic and not really an issue because we're not recruiting this guy, but he plays in S. Florida and is pretty impressive. http://247sports.com/Player/Shelton-Johnson-38744

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3016340/shelton-johnson

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 07, 2014, 08:09:59 pm
Could be any of the 10-12 players were are still actively recruiting.   Should know something more solid in the next 10-12 days
Biggers says hi.

SPAL

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on November 07, 2014, 02:05:24 pm
Lol. There is some old names being thrown around! Blast from the past. Ivora Hall, Jr. and Marvin Byrdsong in the same thread. Mike Montgomery and Michael Tate say hello.

Payne Hall and Collin Sears give their regards

Cinco de Hogo

ShadowTheHedgehog

Philip Seaton

Wildhog

We'll know when the coaches want it out there.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowTheHedgehog