Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's been 754 days since Arkansas won and SEC game. Sad, but true, article.

Started by Music City Hog, November 06, 2014, 02:23:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

18,096 hours.  1,085,760 minutes.

I guess none of us had any idea than we hadn't won a conference game in a couple of years.  So I guess the need for the article.  And for you to point it out.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

CallThemHawgs!

Deal lord....

That puts it in perspective. Gus was coaching at Arkansas State.

And he has now been to a National Championship game, with Auburn, since we last WON AN SEC GAME.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

CallThemHawgs!

Legitimate question, how many more losses does it take for us to be considered a doormat?

Are we exempt from "doormat" status if we put up a good fight? Just curious on the technicalities here.

tophawg19

go ask MSU , BAMA OR THE AG'S if that was a doormat that outplayed them. they  would laugh in your face . they know they caught breaks to get away with a win
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Razorfox

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 06, 2014, 02:38:59 pm
Legitimate question, how many more losses does it take for us to be considered a doormat?

Are we exempt from "doormat" status if we put up a good fight? Just curious on the technicalities here.

I think the difference between us and a "doormat" is the idea that with a "doormat", there is no hope for the future.  Vandy is a great example.  For decades, basically, nothing changed with them.  They always looked the same and nothing was happening behind the scenes that you could point to that was going to change anything.  Their recruiting wasn't getting better, their losses weren't going from blowouts to consistently close, etc.  (They finally had a decent run a couple of years ago, but it was a blip.)

Arkansas, on the other hand, went from being blown out and looking completely discombobulated against every SEC team in 2013 to being one or two plays short of top 10 spoiler three times.  Behind that, recruiting is continuing to improve and build upon itself.  The benefits of coaching stability (hopefully) is also going to kick in even better next year and the year after.

So, even though in the short term, we look like a "doormat", we aren't the Vandy of the SEC because there is too much you can point to as hope for the future.