Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Graham recruiting for us on twitter

Started by WBC Hog, November 06, 2014, 11:46:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WBC Hog

I loved picking up this guy earlier in the week as he was one of my personal top targets for this class. Since his verbal though, he's been on twitter trying to get other Floridians to head to the Hill as well. His latest target you ask?... Marcus Walker. #16 safety in the nation committed to Kentucky.

Walker was another one of my personal top targets but since he committed to Kentucky I basically gave up on him. Hopefully Jennings is remaining in touch with him like he has several other guys because we NEED a big time safety in this class. Woo pig

PorkRinds

Man, I'm not usually one to say things like this, but have you looked at Walker's twitter feed?  He kinda seems like a head case.  Either that or he's just got a REALLY bad situation at home and needs to get away from it.  I felt sorry for him reading it.

greenie

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 06, 2014, 11:47:46 am
Man, I'm not usually one to say things like this, but have you looked at Walker's twitter feed?  He kinda seems like a head case.  Either that or he's just got a REALLY bad situation at home and needs to get away from it.  I felt sorry for him reading it.

Yep, I saw that.  A bit worrisome for him.

MH04

I actually thought that myself, I was kind of thinking that we might have dodged a bullet with him and I think the coaches knew this as well. If I remember right, Walker was supposed to visit the Hogs right before he announced his commitment but the visit was cancelled and he went with Kentucky. I'm not saying for sure that the coaches backed off but coach B is big on checking recruit's twitters and we may have actually backed off of Walker. Just my 2 cents

WBC Hog

I actually wasn't paying attention.

As much as I value our coaching staff and trying to run a clean program with great off the field players, I wouldn't want to risk taking a bad seed.

Speaking of safeties, anybody heard anything on Haughton? Announcement date?

greenie

Quote from: WBC Hog on November 06, 2014, 01:55:36 pm
I actually wasn't paying attention.

As much as I value our coaching staff and trying to run a clean program with great off the field players, I wouldn't want to risk taking a bad seed.

Speaking of safeties, anybody heard anything on Haughton? Announcement date?

I wasn't suggesting that this young man would be a risky pickup.  A few of his tweets suggested that things may not be great at home with his family.  He could be a solid citizen for all I know.

I don't think that Haughton has set an announcement date.  He's still taking visits.  I think TTech is next for him.

WBC Hog

Ahh okay. Misunderstood y'all. I hate that for the kid then if that's the case.

WBC Hog

Quote from: greenie on November 06, 2014, 02:05:15 pm
I don't think that Haughton has set an announcement date.  He's still taking visits.  I think TTech is next for him.

That is actually surprising. I don't understand why anyone would be interested in TTU right now. They are turrible.

redeye

I think the tweets you're referring to were all written the same day and involve a girl.  He may have had his heart broken and was just expressing his hurt out loud.  We've all been there before, so I don't think he's a head case.

PorkRinds

Quote from: redeye on November 06, 2014, 10:14:46 pm
I think the tweets you're referring to were all written the same day and involve a girl.  He may have had his heart broken and was just expressing his hurt out loud.  We've all been there before, so I don't think he's a head case.

I've never been quite there. I tend to keep my personal luff personal most of the time. Except when my dog died. But maybe you're right.

redeye

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 06, 2014, 10:39:57 pm
I've never been quite there. I tend to keep my personal luff personal most of the time. Except when my dog died. But maybe you're right.

Well, we're not all hopeless romantics, I guess.  I've done the dog and the girl, and then lived to write a country song about it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: redeye on November 06, 2014, 11:11:47 pm
Well, we're not all hopeless romantics, I guess.  I've done the dog and the girl, and then lived to write a country song about it.

Aw man what a bad choice of words, not to kick a man whiles he's down and I'm trying not too, but it's Hogville.  You DID your dog?!

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2014, 04:54:28 am
Aw man what a bad choice of words, not to kick a man whiles he's down and I'm trying not too, but it's Hogville.  You DID your dog?!

You ain't the only one that read it that way. I just try not to judge people too much.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

East TN HAWG

Maybe Graham will be our JWill of South FL? 

redeye

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2014, 04:54:28 am

I never said it was a good country song.

But seriously, that's most certainly not what I meant.

Vantage 8 dude

You really have to give extra "props" to kids like Storey and Graham who are so actively on social media trying to help in the recruiting process.

Paul

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 07, 2014, 11:55:24 am
You really have to give extra "props" to kids like Storey and Graham who are so actively on social media trying to help in the recruiting process.
Absolutely!  To have a kid who just verbally committed to do that is exciting.

3kgthog

Just let Graham's brother do some recruiting for us. I was very impressed with him on the RD show Thursday.

Anyone know what checkered past PJ was referring to with regard to his brother? The parents obviously aren't involved.

Qhog

Quote from: WBC Hog on November 06, 2014, 02:12:35 pm
That is actually surprising. I don't understand why anyone would be interested in TTU right now. They are turrible.

Playing time.  We've been there before..

RedyorNot

That right there is priceless bro!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I hope the dog was a girl too. If not that's too much too soon..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GolfnHog

Well Redeye, you've dang sure added some levity to the situation!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 07, 2014, 02:39:38 pm
Just let Graham's brother do some recruiting for us. I was very impressed with him on the RD show Thursday.

Anyone know what checkered past PJ was referring to with regard to his brother? The parents obviously aren't involved.

Some mark this post by 3kg.  His first I've seen in years not just bashing players, coaches, admin. 

Congrats 3kg, glad to see you have it in you!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 10, 2014, 07:05:38 pm
Some mark this post by 3kg.  His first I've seen in years not just bashing players, coaches, admin. 

Congrats 3kg, glad to see you have it in you!
I noticed that and almost fainted from shock! You're absolutely correct when you observe that he does have it in him. What next: a win over LSU this Saturday?