Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA, The Media, and the fans. Sincere question.....

Started by Pigstie, November 06, 2014, 10:21:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 06:07:31 pm

Buddy you have no idea how much I want to be wrong about the hire.

You couldn't tell by your posts.
Go Hogs Go!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 07, 2014, 06:08:34 pm
You couldn't tell by your posts.

Man o man.  My posts are my opinions ( I know everyone has one just like), they may be right they may be wrong. I never want the Hogs to lose. I know what to expect however, and it's about what I figured what would happen.  Actually that's not true. I figured we would win some conf games in both of Bret's first two seasons. Granted the SEC west is a beast, but still.
Let's make some waves.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 06:15:25 pm
Man o man.  My posts are my opinions ( I know everyone has one just like), they may be right they may be wrong. I never want the Hogs to lose. I know what to expect however, and it's about what I figured what would happen.  Actually that's not true. I figured we would win some conf games in both of Bret's first two seasons. Granted the SEC west is a beast, but still.

So you figured that we would be a grand total of 15 points over a total of three games away from being 7-2 at this point (instead of 4-5) of Bielema's second season at the helm, with 3 games remaining? Come on man. You have stated many times how you hated the Bielema hire. There isn't any way in hades that you would have predicted that level of success or this level of competitiveness at this point. You never wanted Bielema to be successful because you didn't like the hire to begin with.
Go Hogs Go!

snoblind

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 06:15:25 pm

I'll give you credit.  You have toned it done since your vacation.  You are entitled to your opinion.  But we got it several hundred posts ago if not a thousand or 2.  Yet you still feel the need to repeat it in every freakin' thread multiple times even if the thread isn't about the coach.

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Quote from: snoblind on November 07, 2014, 06:24:04 pm
I'll give you credit.  You have toned it done since your vacation.  You are entitled to your opinion.  But we got it several hundred posts ago if not a thousand or 2.  Yet you still feel the need to repeat it in every freakin' thread multiple times even if the thread isn't about the coach.

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Just like the all is golden crowd repeat and beat their drum over and over and over and over.

I will post something different when something different happens.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: snoblind on November 07, 2014, 06:24:04 pm

Oh and I have had many vacations. One permanent. I was lucky on that one. The governor must have made that last minute call before the execution.
Let's make some waves.

snoblind

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 06:27:13 pm

Just like the all is golden crowd repeat and beat their drum over and over and over and over.

I will post something different when something different happens.

Yep, some of those folks are bad about it also.  But forgive me if I don't see or feel the need to make the exact same point 5-10 times in a thread to every single response to a post I've made.  Guess I can't post in this one anymore.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 07, 2014, 06:30:57 pm
Oh and I have had many vacations. One permanent. I was lucky on that one. The governor must have made that last minute call before the execution.

I wouldn't be lauding the fact that you have had many "vacations" as if it were a "badge of honor". It isn't, by any means.
Go Hogs Go!

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 07, 2014, 06:41:49 pm
I wouldn't be lauding the fact that you have had many "vacations" as if it were a "badge of honor". It isn't, by any means.

Was not aware of lauding.  I do know. Nevermind.
Let's make some waves.

Pigstie

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 07, 2014, 05:53:07 pm
He has a QB coach. Jim Chaney.

I asked Barry Lunney Jr. what kind of a QB coach Chaney was. He said, "I played QB in the SEC and he's better at it than I am."
He's better than Lunny at playing QB, or coaching QB? I didn't know Lunny ever coached QBs or Chaney ever played QB.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 07, 2014, 05:53:07 pm
He has a QB coach. Jim Chaney.

I asked Barry Lunney Jr. what kind of a QB coach Chaney was. He said, "I played QB in the SEC and he's better at it than I am."

That's a pretty strong statement for Chaney by someone who has been an SEC QB, even if he played under Jack Crowe/Joe Kines and Danny Ford as a QB.
Go Hogs Go!

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 07, 2014, 06:02:41 pm
We will see, Jeff. In terms of being more competitive compared to last year or the year before, this team has come a long way. Yes, they are having to re-learn how to win and not do things at key moments that shoot themselves in the foot, but this is a far better football team by light years in year two of Bielema than it was his first year or the year with JLS.

Every coach has to get the players to execute his game plan on both sides of the ball. But if this team improves in terms of competitiveness at the same rate that they did from last year to this year over the coming off season, next year many of you who didn't care for the Bielema hire to begin with, may be greatly disappointed. I certainly hope so.

I dont have stats in front of me or anything, so I am just going on eye-balling things. But I am not so sure I would say this TEAM is much better compared to last year. The defense is significantly improved at basically every position. They have played well above what I expected with the exception of the Georgia game. The offense does not look much better to me. The passing game is marginally improved, but mainly due to BA not being hurt, IMO. The running game actually does not look quite as good as last year. And ST is not any better, either.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on November 07, 2014, 07:34:03 pm
I dont have stats in front of me or anything, so I am just going on eye-balling things. But I am not so sure I would say this TEAM is much better compared to last year. The defense is significantly improved at basically every position. They have played well above what I expected with the exception of the Georgia game. The offense does not look much better to me. The passing game is marginally improved, but mainly due to BA not being hurt, IMO. The running game actually does not look quite as good as last year. And ST is not any better, either.
Swanson and Hocker = Not easily replaced

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on November 07, 2014, 07:34:03 pm

Team Offense 2013-357.2
Team Offense 2014-451.5

Team Defense 2013-413.4
Team Defense 2014-364.8

Draw your own conclusions based on actual data.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig In The City

Quote from: Pigstie on November 06, 2014, 10:21:08 am
First of all let me say this. IMHO, BA is an average QB. I'm not bashing him, I'm not attacking him personally, it's just my opinion. I don't use the term to bring any negativity upon him. The fact is, some other players on this team are average. Some are above, some are below. The reason why he gets so much praise, and so much criticizing is because he is the QB. The most important position on the team. Period. I'm not the only one. Many on HV, as well as many face book posts offer the same opinions. I don't believe one can compare any RB, OL, DL, WR, or any other position to QB. The QB probably gets more praise than deserved when they win, and gets more criticized when they lose. Because they are the QB, fair or not. I've only been on HV for about 10 years. Why do so many on here get defensive if someone becomes critical of how BA plays?  I've heard criticisms of other players as well, but I have never in 10 years seen so many get defensive, or defend the average play of this QB.  I don't get it. We have had other average QBs in the past. Were they defended as much? Is this a NWA thing? Is it an Allen family thing? Is calling a player average a "bad" thing? Is it considered "bashing"? If so, why? I don't get to listen to LR talk radio, but are any of those media members critical of him at all? Calling a player, IMO average, may get this thread deleted. If so, what has this site come to?

In no particular way do I believe fans are defending him beyond reason.  I personally have my reservations but what I don't want to do is rush to judgement about him when the team as a whole is not playing a complete football game.  The team is just too young and inexperienced for any fan to flame the team, coaches or the QB.  Now, if they suck in year four then flame away.

Pig In The City

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 07, 2014, 07:45:31 pm
Team Offense 2013-357.2
Team Offense 2014-451.5

Team Defense 2013-413.4
Team Defense 2014-364.8

Draw your own conclusions based on actual data.
Well, that is sort of a narrow field of data. Yards is hardly an absolute indicator.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on November 07, 2014, 09:16:10 pm
Well, that is sort of a narrow field of data. Yards is hardly an absolute indicator.
Who indicated that it was absolute? That said, yes total offense per game and total defense per game (yards given up) is a pretty good indicator if a team has improved or is going backwards from one year to the next.

However this team is better on the scoreboard too (against a tougher schedule).

2013 Arkansas  Opponents
        20.6 ppg   30.7 ppg

2014 Arkansas  Opponents
        35.9         24.7

That that still too narrow a field of data?