Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB visiting Jabari Zuniga today

Started by Music City Hog, November 06, 2014, 07:53:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

@COACHemUP12: Arkansas Head Coach Brett Bielema is here at Sprayberry High School to meet with 2015 DE Jabari Zuniga @Mansell247 @Carvell_AJC @KippLAdams

http://sports.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Jabari-Zuniga-164871

http://247sports.com/Player/Jabari-Zuniga-71776

Not sure what to take of this. The head man himself visiting on a bye week.  Must have some serious interest. 

ldfergu

Maybe a diamond in the rough type guy, kinda like last years Anthony Brown. Notable offer from K State....hmmm...

crabeyes

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on November 06, 2014, 08:03:56 am
Maybe a diamond in the rough type guy, kinda like last years Anthony Brown. Notable offer from K State....hmmm...

Kennesaw State??? Whoa!

scruf

Checked out his HUDL (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1867332/highlights/165887376). He has a great first step, quick feet, great length, a powerful base, great get-off and good closing speed for a DE. He looks like a guy they could bring in to play the tilt position that Taiwan Johnson is playing. Kid looks like a solid 3* prospect. Has offers from Kansas State, NC State, Minnesota and Iowa State. Listed at 6'3" and anywhere from 255-265 pounds.

Rooka

I know it's a "highlight" tape, but boy does he blow up those read options.

KillerK4

He plays pissed off and arrives at the ball carrier in a bad mood

onebadrubi

We all want that freshman impact player and rightfully so, I have to think Bielema also recruits with an eye on 5 year players.  This guy might fit that perfectly. 

Rooka

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 06, 2014, 09:59:38 am
We all want that freshman impact player and rightfully so, I have to think Bielema also recruits with an eye on 5 year players.  This guy might fit that perfectly. 
I think this guy is one of those "uncommon men" that Bielema likes and knows he can mold into a great player over time through coaching and our strength program.

Styflin

We have very few spots left in this years class. I would venture to say this would be a walk-on and earn a scholorship kind of player.

greenie

Quote from: Styflin on November 06, 2014, 10:13:41 am
We have very few spots left in this years class. I would venture to say this would be a walk-on and earn a scholorship kind of player.

I hear you, but do you make a trip to GA to visit a potential walk on player?  His HUDL film looks fierce, but HUDL films are like resumes...interpret with caution.

ricepig

Quote from: greenie on November 06, 2014, 10:20:41 am
I hear you, but do you make a trip to GA to visit a potential walk on player?  His HUDL film looks fierce, but HUDL films are like resumes...interpret with caution.

Correct, I don't ever remember seeing a bad play on HUDL. I remember a few years ago watching my son's, I was like, damn, there's a player, lol, not.......

navyhog24

Quote from: Styflin on November 06, 2014, 10:13:41 am

Not going to happen when he has offers from Kansas State, NC State, Minnesota and Iowa State

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Music City Hog

Word is Bryce English will NOT be a Hog.  Maybe this may be a potential replacement.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2014, 10:57:54 am
Word is Bryce English will NOT be a Hog.  Maybe this may be a potential replacement.

We have 3 DT's committed, and all three are enrolling early I believe. Do we need another one?

BatesvilleHOG

My cousins attend Sprayberry High School. I'll see if I can get some kind of info about him.

ricepig

I guess we are still looking for another d-line guy. We just offered this guy according to RD.

http://247sports.com/Player/TJ-Smith-43426

PorkRinds

Wonder if this means they aren't confident about one of the guys we have committed?

Styflin

Styflin

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 06, 2014, 11:51:22 am
Wonder if this means they aren't confident about one of the guys we have committed?

Not at all.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Styflin on November 06, 2014, 12:10:23 pm
Not at all.

After I posted that I went and looked back at the ones we have.  All solid. 

je100

Is it me, or do Kansas State offers now mean something?  If I see K-State offer, I assume he's a player, regardless of who didn't offer.

greenie

I believe that Jozie Milton is scheduled to unofficially visit next weekend. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Jozie-Milton-31514

So it appears we're still looking for DL

AugustaHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2014, 11:50:01 am
I guess we are still looking for another d-line guy. We just offered this guy according to RD.

http://247sports.com/Player/TJ-Smith-43426
Colquitt Co. is starting to become a power here in GA.  The Lowndes/Valdosta domination of this region has been overtaken by Rush Propst (of MTV fame at Hoover).  If this continues, that would be a really good school to have a foot in the door at.

hawgwash

Quote from: scruf on November 06, 2014, 09:07:06 am
Checked out his HUDL (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1867332/highlights/165887376). He has a great first step, quick feet, great length, a powerful base, great get-off and good closing speed for a DE. He looks like a guy they could bring in to play the tilt position that Taiwan Johnson is playing. Kid looks like a solid 3* prospect. Has offers from Kansas State, NC State, Minnesota and Iowa State. Listed at 6'3" and anywhere from 255-265 pounds.
One thing I like about his HUDL video is it includes a good number of plays where he just physically whips the blocker and makes the tackle.  So many of these highlight films for DL and LB seem to be plays where no one even attempted to block the defensive player.  There's a few of those in this video as well, but a good number where he was engaged by the OL and won the battle, sometimes by strength and technique and sometimes by just being very quick off the ball.

WBC Hog

I really wish we could get Jozie Milton.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

D Lineman can be hard to find sometimes. I don't have a problem with stocking up.

Chief Mac

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 06, 2014, 01:31:46 pm
Colquitt Co. is starting to become a power here in GA.  The Lowndes/Valdosta domination of this region has been overtaken by Rush Propst (of MTV fame at Hoover).  If this continues, that would be a really good school to have a foot in the door at.

I agree that the Packers are building themselves into a power, the Winnersville schools will be back

I wish our coaches had a foot in several doors in South Georgia. FSU has been making their hay there for a while. Thomasville, Lowndes, Valdosta, Mitchell-Baker, Coffee Co, Waycross always have some high end talent
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2014, 11:23:31 am
We have 3 DT's committed, and all three are enrolling early I believe. Do we need another one?

So is Ledbetter a DT?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TMc

I bet this is the guy Danny was talking about.

twistitup

How do recruits respond to the partial beArd?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TMc

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 06, 2014, 06:40:53 pm
So is Ledbetter a DT?

I have read he is going to be a DE.., and the new commit is going to be a DE, whoever that is.  I really like this guys' film.

regi

Sprayberry has been the worst program in the Marietta, Kennesaw, East Cobb, Woodstock area since I moved here in 98. Their only claim to football fame was being the home stadium for the Titans, in the movie; REMEMBER The TITANS. Would not doubt for a second that his recruiting probably ebbs low because of it. Not sure how interested we are, or if there are some other players in the area and CBB stopped by to get a look while checking out other prospects. You can't take a walk in the ATL area without running into tons of D1 recruits. I love Coach Richt, but I understand why UGA fans are always pissed off.

secneahog

1 more DE.
FROHOLDT and Dean are Dts.
Ledbetter and Bell des.

Porter should be #1 de. Rest back up plans.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TMc on November 06, 2014, 07:20:24 pm
I have read he is going to be a DE.., and the new commit is going to be a DE, whoever that is.  I really like this guys' film.

Right, but Rice said we've already got 3 DT's committed.  Can't figure out who the 3rd DT is.

Anywho, so you know the new commit is a DE?  Walker?  Some say he's maybe a DE instead of LB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

redeye

Quote from: greenie on November 06, 2014, 01:09:09 pm

I'd forgotten all about him.  Can't hurt that we're getting better and SC seems headed in the opposite direction.

Quote from: je100 on November 06, 2014, 01:03:19 pm
Is it me, or do Kansas State offers now mean something?  If I see K-State offer, I assume he's a player, regardless of who didn't offer.

I can't say that I've noticed anything different.  KSU is good at spotting underrated talent, so when I see a KSU offer, I usually think the player is very good, but usually not great.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 06, 2014, 07:56:31 pm
Right, but Rice said we've already got 3 DT's committed.  Can't figure out who the 3rd DT is.

Anywho, so you know the new commit is a DE?  Walker?  Some say he's maybe a DE instead of LB.

I was just going off 247's list, it had them at DT, I don't know where they'll play them.

NLRHog92

Quote from: TMc on November 06, 2014, 07:09:49 pm
I bet this is the guy Danny was talking about.

Don't think he's been committed elsewhere, which would rule him out.

Music City Hog

jbhogfan4

I keep waiting for Reggie Walker to pull the trigger but it hasn't happened yet. It's been quiet on him for a while too but I saw where an Arkansas writer on 247 wrote an insider article on him today.

TMc

All I know is what West is saying.., and he's not saying "who".., all he said was the new commit will be a DE.  I don't know who the 3 inside guys Rice is talking about.  There is Froholdt, and Dean.., I don't see another inside guy because Ledbetter is going to be a DE.  I kind of thought they would move Ledbetter inside because he has played there a lot.  Again, I have no clue who the 3rd inside guy would be. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: secneahog on November 06, 2014, 07:28:46 pm
1 more DE.
FROHOLDT and Dean are Dts.
Ledbetter and Bell des.

Porter should be #1 de. Rest back up plans.

I'm sure Porter is #1 but that one has always been a long shot.  Also we just visited him and then a couple days later we throw out an offer to a new DE.  Doesn't look good that Porter would be heading here.  Sure you make room if he wants to but with new offers going out and visiting others at the same position I would say it is a good assumption we won't be getting him.

secneahog

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 07, 2014, 09:19:47 am
I'm sure Porter is #1 but that one has always been a long shot.  Also we just visited him and then a couple days later we throw out an offer to a new DE.  Doesn't look good that Porter would be heading here.  Sure you make room if he wants to but with new offers going out and visiting others at the same position I would say it is a good assumption we won't be getting him.

I see. So with that logic would you say Barnett, Merrick are expected to sign with us since there hasn't been any new oline names popping up lately.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

onebadrubi

Quote from: secneahog on November 07, 2014, 09:34:54 am
I see. So with that logic would you say Barnett, Merrick are expected to sign with us since there hasn't been any new oline names popping up lately.

I think Merrick is ready to be a Hog.  I got to think Barnett has an open spot until he signs a Letter of Intent elsewhere.  We need a commitment from both of these guys though, and I'd still consider taking that Howell JUCO guy.

secneahog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 07, 2014, 09:54:55 am
I think Merrick is ready to be a Hog.  I got to think Barnett has an open spot until he signs a Letter of Intent elsewhere.  We need a commitment from both of these guys though, and I'd still consider taking that Howell JUCO guy.

You would take 3 oline guys?

ARtillahog

Quote from: greenie on November 06, 2014, 01:09:09 pm

http://247sports.com/Player/Jozie-Milton-31514

So it appears we're still looking for DL

He was offered as a DL by the Hogs and a bunch of others, but committed to SC bc they wanted him as a Center.  Not saying he won't commit but his dad had a connection to SC and that was another reason why he committed the the Gamecocks.

NLRHog92

Sure is quick off of the ball and gets in the backfield in a hurry! And then is a disruptive force once he's there.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Bros. the Utah kid is the classic RD fishing technique. Pipe dream. Sell scrips.

I remember many Jahlil Okafor articles and countless ________ is looking to visit yet they never gave Arkansas a serious look.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on November 07, 2014, 01:23:19 pm
Bros. the Utah kid is the classic RD fishing technique. Pipe dream. Sell scrips.

I remember many Jahlil Okafor articles and countless ________ is looking to visit yet they never gave Arkansas a serious look.

Now you've gone and done it.