Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fox Sports article

Started by ppdmike, November 05, 2014, 07:45:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ppdmike

"Credit should go with the performance of duty, and not with what is very often the accident of glory." -T.Roosevelt

pigbacon

Good read- this guy gets it.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Thanks for posting.
Go HOGS Go!

PORKULATOR

We may go from cellar to rooftop in one game. Let's pray it starts against the Eew and we don't lose again this year.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

redeye

What impresses me with all this praise from college football analysts isn't just that they think we have a good team, but that they think we have a team capable of beating great teams: some which are ranked in the top-10, even.  They think this because they've watched us dominate great teams for 3 quarters, only to lose because we made a couple of mistakes, or played bad for a few minutes.

We've had some very good teams since joining the SEC, but how many of them were expected to beat a top-10 opponent?  I'll grant you that the number is lower then it should be, but my point is that many so-called experts of college football think that this team can, will and should have beaten one already.  Despite a losing record, our opponents fear us and know we can beat them.

That's not the mark of a bad team.

nchogg

Hoggie17

Quote from: nchogg on November 06, 2014, 05:26:31 am
Was a good read.
Yes CBB is and has been the darling of the media.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 06, 2014, 05:54:32 am
Yes CBB is and has been the darling of the media.

He wasn't during the offseason if you recall.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Kevin

No question, we are better, and improving.
Just need upgrades in some areas, and more quality players

The close losses are very painful
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Peter Porker on November 06, 2014, 06:08:58 am
He wasn't during the offseason if you recall.
Now there you go again: throwing water on his troll quip. Can't you just let me have his small victory?

Wild Boarnado

Greate article. Thanks, OP.  Exactly what I've been thinking about our Hogs.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

hoglady

Nice article.
Yes we look like we are almost there.
But no one knows what's going to happen - we may break through against LSU - hope, hope.
Or we could be sitting here same time next year without an SEC win saying "we're almost there".
Nothing is a given.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

Yes we are now the National Media's Lovable Losers just like the Cubs are to Major League Baseball.  We will see how long the love last when we start winning again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.