Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Big man Daron Davis says top two are Zona n Indy. nt

Started by Swinesong1, November 05, 2014, 05:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

HOGINTENNESSEE

I wonder if a Malik Monk commit would help change that

Swinesong1

Still a ways off but IN is looking like it's falling apart under Crean.  Zona worries me.  That guy recruits VERY well.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

sickboy

GrizzlyRider07

Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hawg Red

Not over yet but I always felt like his interest in us would drop off once things started getting real. We're just not there yet for out-of-state guys like Davis (top 10-15). Hopefully we're putting in work with 2017/2018/2019 kids right now that will stick with us when it gets real because we're an NCAA tournament program.

As mentioned, though, things in Bloomington are not too peachy right now. Worth noting and following. We could still make up some ground with continued aggressive recruiting and an NCAA tournament appearance (and hopefully a tourney run).

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 05, 2014, 08:57:02 pm
Not over yet but I always felt like his interest in us would drop off once things started getting real. We're just not there yet for out-of-state guys like Davis (top 10-15). Hopefully we're putting in work with 2017/2018/2019 kids right now that will stick with us when it gets real because we're an NCAA tournament program.

As mentioned, though, things in Bloomington are not too peachy right now. Worth noting and following. We could still make up some ground with continued aggressive recruiting and an NCAA tournament appearance (and hopefully a tourney run).

That's why we really need to lock up a kid like Kapita.  Top 35 recruits aren't being handed to us, so when we got an edge like we do with him we gotta close.  Going to be interesting to see if the staff can seal the deal on him in the early period.

WarPig88

Seriously, Arkansas has never been a threat to get top talent outside of our geographic region.

Darnell Robinson, Kareem Reid, Chris Jeffries, and Olu Famutimi are probably the biggest names to come from outside of Arkansas, Miss, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma and Tenn since Nolan was here.

That's why those who act like MA can't recruit because he doesn't land a lot of those types here are either woefully uninformed or on a crusade of some kind.

We never have been a hot bead for national talent. If we become that, it will be because MA has started something new here.

Dominicanhog

Zona and Indy will allow him to stay in the National spotlight until we swoop in and nab him at the last minute.... :razorback:

outlawhogeywells

Got to get back into Memphis (going to be hard to do) and get into Texas.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 06, 2014, 11:08:10 am
Got to get back into Memphis (going to be hard to do) and get into Texas.

hope Portis has a monster year and gets some heads turned our way. Portis leaves and maybe Davis steps in and he's the guy. We start putting big men like Portis and Kingsley in the pros and we will nab some of these top big men. If not Davis, then others will take a harder look.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

WarPig88

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 06, 2014, 11:41:35 am
hope Portis has a monster year and gets some heads turned our way. Portis leaves and maybe Davis steps in and he's the guy. We start putting big men like Portis and Kingsley in the pros and we will nab some of these top big men. If not Davis, then others will take a harder look.

Big men are not in great supply and after Duke, Mich St, Kentucky, Kansas and Arizona get done taking their pick there just aren't any left to go around.

Eddie Sutton was known for getting big men to league while here but it never brought in a highly sought after big man that was not from this state. As a matter of fact, a couple even left.