Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN understands how far we've come along moreso than our fan base (but I thought ESPN hated us)

Started by popcornhog, November 04, 2014, 09:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=92717&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%22%7D

If you think Arkansas isn't underrated, consider this: The Razorbacks are ranked No. 20 in ESPN's Football Power Index, which measures a team's strength and predicts its performance moving forward based on results to date and remaining opponents. That comes despite a remaining strength of schedule that ranks third nationally. At 4-5, Arkansas is the only sub-.500 team in the top 30 of the FPI.

"At this point it's almost numbing to be so close and not be able to come out on top with one of these opportunities," Bielema said following Saturday's close loss at Mississippi State. "But I can promise we'll take a bye week and get a little bit better, get healthy, and nobody will attack these last three games like the Arkansas Razorbacks."

No. 4 Ole Miss probably isn't looking forward to visiting Arkansas the following week.

If Arkansas pulls off the upset either of those games, don't be surprised. Mullen won't be. His team is ranked No. 1 in the country and he couldn't have been more pleased to beat those lowly, unranked Razorbacks. Some might have called it an ugly win, but he was happy to have survived.

WPS

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

popcornhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 04, 2014, 09:51:32 pm
Moral victory champions. I am thrilled.

Moral victories are pointless and empty. I'm excited that Bielema is building a champion.
WPS

lumphog

We're damnLucky to have this guy running things. I'm proud of this team & staff!!!! Only an IDIOT wouldn't be. We've come a long way baby.  8) >:( :P

onebadrubi

Your name should be Herpes.  Never go away, just go in remission and hide from time to time only to come out and be a pain in the ass at times. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 04, 2014, 10:17:26 pm
Your name should be Herpes.  Never go away, just go in remission and hide from time to time only to come out and be a pain in the ass at times.

Pain in the ass is a hemmoroid, not herpes. Just saying.... ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Professor Pig

One of the better (which isn't saying much) radio shows here in Houston recently referred to us as the "bless your heart program." It feels a lot like ESPN is saying the same thing.

We'll win one, hope it's sooner rather than later.

radar

redeye

Would you feel better if all our losses were in the 52-0 range?  If not, you're a bit of a hypocrite.  Then again, so is everyone who complains about "moral victories", so excuse me for singling you out.

redeye

Quote from: radar on November 04, 2014, 11:31:48 pm
Firing Petrino bought Long and the program a lot of goodwill from ESPN.

I actually think ESPN is still a joke, although I agree that it's better without Petrino.  The SEC Network has really surprised me by being far more fair to Arkansas then I expected, but I don't think ESPN makes the decisions.

Smokehouse

This is a season where moral victories are acceptable. Still in rebuilding mode after a massive collapse and getting better all the time. Nothing was expected from this team this year anyway.

There are a lot of really good recruits who are impressed by all these moral victories. That's the contest Hog fans should be looking at this season.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 04, 2014, 10:17:26 pm
His name SHOULD be herpes? Who the heck says it really isn't?! Hopefully unlike his namesake his condition isn't catching.

Cinco de Hogo

ESPN loving on a loser, now that's cute!😍

Wait til we start winning(if) and see what they say.