Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Current Commits

Started by scooby21322, November 04, 2014, 08:52:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby21322

Are there any that we are at risk of losing?  It seems every year that we lose a couple due to grades or decommitments.

lumphog

NO......This staff is settin the hook on em & reelin em in

texas tush hog

Quote from: lumphog on November 04, 2014, 10:57:58 pm
NO......This staff is settin the hook on em & reelin em in

And running a lot of other peoples nets too.

AugustaHog

I certainly don't see any that are wavering, but we are still hot and heavy after a ton of kids.  We only have 7 spots left, so it is a little strange to have soooo many kids we are after.  Anything can happen in recruiting though, so I suppose a lot of this is just being safe and making sure we have plans if something were to happen.

WBC Hog

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 06, 2014, 01:47:33 pm
I certainly don't see any that are wavering, but we are still hot and heavy after a ton of kids.  We only have 7 spots left, so it is a little strange to have soooo many kids we are after.  Anything can happen in recruiting though, so I suppose a lot of this is just being safe and making sure we have plans if something were to happen.

This is what I just brought up in another thread. It really is interesting how many guys we are still on having so few spots left. Makes me curious if we're gonna take more and grey shirt them.

To grey shirt a player, all it takes is a current player graduating in the fall, leaving a scholarship for the grey shirted player to have, right?

tophawg19

they still count on your 25 . otherwise teams would have 10 kids walk on and then kick off 10 current ones
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 06, 2014, 02:04:27 pm
they still count on your 25 . otherwise teams would have 10 kids walk on and then kick off 10 current ones

If you grey shirt, you count against the next year's class.

tophawg19

right and next year we need all 25 . it looks like a loaded year both in state and in our best recruiting states . going to be fun in recruiting
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BigSexyHog

Still a long time till February so anything  can happen. So yes you can be worried just don't go freak out.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

jjdlc

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 06, 2014, 01:47:33 pm

There isn't anything odd about it at all.  Honestly, to me, the number of names still on the board at this point is quite a bit less than what we've seen in years past. 

tusksincolorado

dispose of the weakest link....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

redeye

Quote from: scooby21322 on November 04, 2014, 08:52:50 pm
Are there any that we are at risk of losing?  It seems every year that we lose a couple due to grades or decommitments.

I'm gonna disagree.  We lose some players for academic reasons, but I don't recall many decommitments and have always thought we held our class together better then most.  We lost Eluemunor last year, but I can't remember the last player we lost before him.

Cinco de Hogo

The real question is not who we lose before NSD but who we lose over any 4-5 year span because you have to cull out about 30% of you signee's to stay under 85 if you run a decent RS program.

Bubba's Bruisers

If history is any indication, then we might lose 1 or 2 for whatever reason.  However, there doesn't seem to be any rumors about grades or anybody wavering so far.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JackJohnson

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 06:35:02 pm
If history is any indication, then we might lose 1 or 2 for whatever reason.  However, there doesn't seem to be any rumors about grades or anybody wavering so far.

For the first time since the Cobbs/Brashesrs class in 1999 when I started keeping up with this on a daily basis on the Internet there isn't ANY commit that I am secretly hoping gets let go for whatever reason.  Normally there are several...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JackJohnson on November 08, 2014, 07:22:08 pm
For the first time since the Cobbs/Brashesrs class in 1999 when I started keeping up with this on a daily basis on the Internet there isn't ANY commit that I am secretly hoping gets let go for whatever reason.  Normally there are several...

I agree.  First time so far it doesn't appear we're reaching. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

yraciv

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 08, 2014, 07:38:48 pm
I agree.  First time so far it doesn't appear we're reaching. 

I can think of 2 I'd drop if someone better came along, but they aren't stretches by any means. Everyone else I'm stoked to have and think they'll all eventually make an impact.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: yraciv on November 08, 2014, 07:41:49 pm
I can think of 2 I'd drop if someone better came along, but they aren't stretches by any means. Everyone else I'm stoked to have and think they'll all eventually make an impact.

I can think of one or two as well, but my point is those still aren't reaches.  If we have real shots with several blue chippers as things wind down, then I think we may very well "lose" a commit or two.