Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Day two of Fla. updates

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 04, 2014, 03:02:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

"Also look for an Arkansas commitment to sign a financial aid agreement in the very near future."

Froholdt?

1highhog

Guys, we've never had this type of recruiting work done by any Coaching staff ever on the hill, ever.  I've been following the Hogs since the early 60's, remember the glory days well, and Broyles had some of the best Assistants ever of any Head Coach, but I'm talking modern times.  Recruiting has changed drastically these days and the Razorbacks have never experienced anything like what we are seeing now.

If some of our fans can just shut up for a bit and give this staff time to shovel out of the pits of hell where they had to find this team almost two years ago, then we'll be in for some good things if you can just hold on and quit your danged whining.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: 1highhog on November 04, 2014, 03:27:59 pm
Guys, we've never had this type of recruiting work done by any Coaching staff ever on the hill, ever.  I've been following the Hogs since the early 60's, remember the glory days well, and Broyles had some of the best Assistants ever of any Head Coach, but I'm talking modern times.  Recruiting has changed drastically these days and the Razorbacks have never experienced anything like what we are seeing now.

If some of our fans can just shut up for a bit and give this staff time to shovel out of the pits of hell where they had to find this team almost two years ago, then we'll be in for some good things if you can just hold on and quit your danged whining.

+1 if I could

best post i've read in a while

greenie

Exactly!!  On top of the pit that Bielema inherited, the perfect storm taking place in the SECW made winning division games NOW very, very difficult.

Ugly Uncle

Great job Richard.

Our coaches are doing an amazing job recruiting.

Look at the underclassmen that Arkansas is talking to.  I keep telling people that having JLS as an intrem head coach for a year cost us two years of recruiting.  You also lose a year of underclassmen and building relationships.

Arkansas is digging their way out from the sink hole. 
Retired Radio Host

JackJohnson

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 04, 2014, 04:21:22 pm
Great job Richard.

Our coaches are doing an amazing job recruiting.

Look at the underclassmen that Arkansas is talking to.  I keep telling people that having JLS as an intrem head coach for a year cost us two years of recruiting.  You also lose a year of underclassmen and building relationships.

Arkansas is digging their way out from the sink hole. 

I wouldn't go that far.  You have to remember- so long as coaches were coaching at a major college they already had the relationships with the recruits- as you saw with us getting kids like Collins, Skipper, Koehler, etc.  Its when you bring in a staff of coaches that were either out of the game, in the NFL or coaching at a lower level where they didn't already have the contacts built in.

On to the updates- it wouldn't bother me a bit if we signed 10-15 kids a year from S. Fl, esp on the defensive side of the ball.  I LOVE that the staff is making a concerted effort to keep on bringing in kids from there

redeye

Thanks Richard!

Hope you're enjoying your trip?

GolfnHog

Best post in the recruiting forum in a while! Thanks!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

lumphog

Good stuff.....you're becoming one of my favorite posters.....I WISH PEOPLE WOULD LISTEN TO YOU!!!!!!

FATHAWG08

My thoughts exactly!!+ 100
I love off season Football!!

hogs24

Solid post.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

HogFoo

I totally agree.  We have never had this kind of recruiting or these kinds of coaches. the people that are b*tching so much are the ones that are just still pissed off that BP is not the HC. I am sure they will be on the bandwagon once the pendulum starts to swing towards   constant winning.  And believe me, if this staff stays together, it will in a big way.  Just have to be patient!  it's only the 2nd year in a major rebuild!  We are already competing with the top teams in the nation! Be Patient!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Hawgzinbowlz

To have an established South Florida high school coach call Coach Bielema and Coach Shannon the deadly duo because they're such good recruiters is telling for The Hogs future in the hottest high school football area in America.

" GO HOGS "

HoggusMaximus

Agree 100% but some people expect things to automatically change when a new coach is hired.  It's indicative of American society of not wanting to wait for what they want
We want fast food wins. Instant gratification, and until we realize that Rome wasn't built in a freaking day and good things take time we will never be satisfied. 

Hogfaniam

Quote from: lumphog on November 04, 2014, 05:35:54 pm
Good stuff.....you're becoming one of my favorite posters.....I WISH PEOPLE WOULD LISTEN TO YOU!!!!!!

JUST SCREAM LOUDER!!
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

SemperFi

Antonyo Sotolongo crystal ball on 24/7 shows 100% to the Razorbacks. Is he really looking like a lock for the Hogs? He's got several solid offers from major schools, but what impresses me more are the offers from those schools considered prestigious academic institutions. Tells me that this young man has the smarts and athletic ability to play at a very high level.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

1highhog

Quote from: SemperFi on November 05, 2014, 06:11:44 am
Antonyo Sotolongo crystal ball on 24/7 shows 100% to the Razorbacks. Is he really looking like a lock for the Hogs? He's got several solid offers from major schools, but what impresses me more are the offers from those schools considered prestigious academic institutions. Tells me that this young man has the smarts and athletic ability to play at a very high level.

I to love the fact that not only are our Coaches targeting top talent but making sure they're getting players that are not academic risks, at least the ones that have been once they get on Campus CBB stresses academics strenuously and look what it's produced across the whole team academic wise?  We went from near bottom to one of the best in grade point averages for our Football team, I'm very proud of the guys for this.  Before we get any negative comments about, (Well, I'd rather have players making D's and winning than A's and B's and losing, all I can now say to you is, go find another team to fuss about, that's all y'all do anyway.  If you can't see this team is on the rise, you're to full of $&@ anyway and are never going to see it.

OLDHOG

Thanks. 100% in agreement. It is their right to bitch, I guess, but let the man do his job, PLEASE!

1highhog

Thanks for all the kind words guys.  I'm just tired of the constant bitching and whining when everywhere I go, and I travel a lot, people can't help but talk about our Hogs to me.  I'm always easy to pick out in other States, I wear my colors with pride.  People from here, well, let me rephrase that, people from our neighboring States to Montana recently have asked me about the Hogs, and the job that CBB has done in turning around this team so fast.  They bring up the fact how we could easily could be in the top 10, looks to them like a young team not quite knowing how to finish out a game yet, and some have given other reasons, QB servicible but not good enough receivers to get open, etc.  but if others can see it, why can't ones that are supposed to be fans see it?  I think I know the answer but I don't want to judge.

immahog

+100
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

lumphog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 05, 2014, 11:58:45 am
Thanks for all the kind words guys.  I'm just tired of the constant bitching and whining when everywhere I go, and I travel a lot, people can't help but talk about our Hogs to me.  I'm always easy to pick out in other States, I wear my colors with pride.  People from here, well, let me rephrase that, people from our neighboring States to Montana recently have asked me about the Hogs, and the job that CBB has done in turning around this team so fast.  They bring up the fact how we could easily could be in the top 10, looks to them like a young team not quite knowing how to finish out a game yet, and some have given other reasons, QB servicible but not good enough receivers to get open, etc.  but if others can see it, why can't ones that are supposed to be fans see it?  I think I know the answer but I don't want to judge.
AMEN!!!!

WBC Hog

Literally every post 1highhog has made in this thread is gold. Keep it up dude!

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 04, 2014, 03:44:20 pm
Carlton Davis:
http://247sports.com/Player/Carlton-Davis-36452

Rayshad Jackson:
http://247sports.com/Player/Rayshad-Jackson-77033

Rashard Fenton:
http://247sports.com/Player/Rashad-Fenton-29164

Antonyo Sotolongo:
http://247sports.com/Player/Antonyo-Sotolongo-27963

I also LOVE these posts. I used to give a +1 to anybody and everybody for doing this lol

ShadowTheHedgehog

Awesome news and awesome posts WPS!!!

deedster84

Quote from: 1highhog on November 05, 2014, 11:58:45 am

The answer is that we are a "what have you done lately" world. No patience anymore. You've gotta lose to really appreciate the victories.

Personally, when I see this team and the way we are recruiting, I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas. Knowing that thing you wanted was right there. It's right there within reach but you can't open it yet. But look out Christmas morning.