Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dominique Reed Crystal Ball

Started by scruf, November 04, 2014, 01:43:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

New pick today ( :razorback:) from 247 Recruiting Insider Ryan Bartow:
http://247sports.com/Player/Dominique-Reed-17723

SemperFi

What is the story on this kid? Outside of Arkansas, Florida and NC State are his only other major offers. Is he holding out for something bigger or just drumming up the drama? I keep seeing his name, but no movement. Thanks in advance.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The Recruiting Guy

Reed will be a Hog if he takes care of business

SemperFi

Academics....makes sense. Thanks RD!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The_Iceman

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2107946/highlights/115231391

He looks like he has all the talent to make it here, and this is last years highlights. He could have developed even more since then.

I'm starting to wonder if there are going to be some odd men out if we bring in KJ Hill, Reed, Pettway, and Deon Stewart....plus Jojo coming off a redshirt.

Scott7703

The thought of reed, KJ hill, will gragg, Jojo Robinson, Jared Cornelius, deon Stewart, Keon hatcher and hunter Henry should really excite our quarterbacks. We will be putting weapons all over the field. There won't be an excuse for not enough playmakers anymore.

GalaHawg

Richard - if/when Reed commits to Arkansas, will there be room for another RB in this class?

SemperFi

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 04, 2014, 03:09:07 pm

He looks like he has all the talent to make it here, and this is last years highlights. He could have developed even more since then.

I'm starting to wonder if there are going to be some odd men out if we bring in KJ Hill, Reed, Pettway, and Deon Stewart....plus Jojo coming off a redshirt.

Of those that are currently playing, Wilson is the only senior. Hatcher is a junior, but all the other Receivers that are seeing PT are Sophmores and Freshmen. There is going to be a logjam at the Receiver position and you would have to assume that there is going to be some major competition going on at that position next year. I think that it's safe to assume that with it there is going to be some that will leave to find PT elsewhere. Right now I count 14 Receivers either on scholarship or walkon.

Hogdomer

There is a decent chance Hatcher declares for the NFL draft.  Jonathan Williams may too, which will impact RB needs.

Scott7703

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 04, 2014, 03:28:29 pm
There is a decent chance Hatcher declares for the NFL draft.  Jonathan Williams may too, which will impact RB needs.

I personally see no way either declare. Doesn't make sense for hatcher for sure an i think another healthy year for Williams only helps him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Hatcher?  Seriously?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The Hogfather

Yeah, I think we need to nab another RB.  If we can get Reed, he can help if Hatcher declares.  I hope Hatcher and Williams stay another year.

t-money

You're off your rocker if you think Hatcher is going to the NFL after this season. And J-Will comes back if he's smart, he'll get evaluated after the season and go from there.
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

cbhawg03

There is a decent chance Hatcher declares for the NFL draft. 

This statement belongs in the Hogville Hall of Fame.

Hatcher leaving early to the NFL ??? I think we have better chance of making the Playoff, no offense to Hatcher, but I just don't see it.

Vantage 8 dude

And what in the world would make you think Hatcher would declare? No knock intended but in this offense and with his #s what would it gain him? Not sure if he'd even be drafted.

As far as Williams is concerned while it's not outside the realm of possibility, with the significant reduction in the # of high draft choices for RB we've seen in the past several years in the NFL the environment has changed for a lot of backs coming into the league.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 04, 2014, 03:09:07 pm

Pettway will end up at S or LB.
All Gas, No Brakes!

TNhawgfan

Pretty sure you have to be able to catch the ball to play wr in the NFL.  Lmao at this
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Supermark101

Quote from: t-money on November 04, 2014, 03:32:40 pm
J-Will comes back if he's smart, he'll get evaluated after the season and go from there.

Making your money while you can isn't smart? Another year splitting carries with AC isn't going to help his draft stock any.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 04, 2014, 03:50:12 pm
Pettway will end up at S or LB.

I think if we get Reed, and then considering the improvement we will see out of the 6'6" Edwards with a year with Herbert, I wouldn't mind seeing Pettway getting a shot at Safety. I don't think Pettway is all that opposed to coming in as an "athlete", considering that is how he described himself.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Supermark101 on November 04, 2014, 03:59:12 pm
Making your money while you can isn't smart? Another year splitting carries with AC isn't going to help his draft stock any.
Okay......IF he has the likely chance of being drafted fairly high in the coming selection process. However, you need to also remember that the way NFL offenses have been trending the red hot RB selection that almost every team had to fight for is not necessarily that way any more. Obviously much of his decision would likely be based on the feedback he receives from those more in tune with what the pro scouts are saying/thinking.

sickboy

Doubt it.

Uncommon

Quote from: sickboy on November 04, 2014, 04:17:33 pm
Doubt it.
Agree that Jonathan Williams may go.  However, Keon Hatcher seriously considering going is pretty funny.  I mean if I'm an NFL scout/GM, turn on the Auburn game and see that he dropped a pass in which he was wide open and would've scored, I immediately go on to the next guy.  He's a good receiver but he ain't NFL caliber yet.

Hogdomer

November 04, 2014, 04:38:05 pm #22 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:56:11 pm by Hogdomer
Quote from: t-money on November 04, 2014, 03:32:40 pm
You're off your rocker if you think Hatcher is going to the NFL after this season. And J-Will comes back if he's smart, he'll get evaluated after the season and go from there.

I agree there is a better chance Williams goes.  In fact, he probably should with the short shelf life of RBs.  Even Beilema said he would need to evaluate it based on how well he is playing after the UAB game. 

Hatcher is better than you guys think.  He is the only receiver with any ability to stretch the field and we have no one in the slot who opponents respect, so all the attention on the outside is on him.  QB play has been suspect too.  I'm not the only one who thinks he has potential.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2014/08/07/rushing-receivers-2/

Supermark101

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 04, 2014, 04:13:43 pm
However, you need to also remember that the way NFL offenses have been trending the red hot RB selection that almost every team had to fight for is not necessarily that way any more.

EXACTLY....the lifespan of a NFL running back is shorter than ever. How would wasting a season, where he could be getting paid, splitting caries with AC help him?

JackJohnson

Hatcher is pretty well thought of by several scouts.  I have no doubt he will submit his name for evaluation, we shall see what kind of grade he actually gets

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133699/keon-hatcher

thehill1414

The Hatcher leaving for the NFL statement just made me spit my water all over my computer screen.  Thanks for the laugh Hogdomer.

Hogdomer

Quote from: JackJohnson on November 04, 2014, 04:46:06 pm
Hatcher is pretty well thought of by several scouts.  I have no doubt he will submit his name for evaluation, we shall see what kind of grade he actually gets

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133699/keon-hatcher

Good luck convincing this crowd!

Uncommon

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 04, 2014, 04:56:52 pm
Good luck convincing this crowd!
We all think he's a good receiver.  But good enough to leave early with a legitimate Round 1-3 grade for the NFL Draft?  I don't think so.

t-money

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 04, 2014, 04:13:43 pm
Okay......IF he has the likely chance of being drafted fairly high in the coming selection process. However, you need to also remember that the way NFL offenses have been trending the red hot RB selection that almost every team had to fight for is not necessarily that way any more. Obviously much of his decision would likely be based on the feedback he receives from those more in tune with what the pro scouts are saying/thinking.

This is what I was saying. Flowers got evaluated after last season and they told him he'd likely go in the 3rd round, I think. He elected to come back and get better to up his draft stock. Yes, it can be a risk (i.e. Tyler Wilson), but it looks like he's matured more and gotten better.
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

Scott7703

Quote from: Uncommon on November 04, 2014, 04:59:44 pm
We all think he's a good receiver.  But good enough to leave early with a legitimate Round 1-3 grade for the NFL Draft?  I don't think so.

These are my thoughts exactly.

jry04

Quote from: Supermark101 on November 04, 2014, 03:59:12 pm
Seriously? First off, Williams gets the majority of the carries. Most schools in the country run 2 RBs, if not more. Williams will avoid risk of injury by getting less carries with other quality RBs in out backfield without seeing his production suffer. Rushing for 1,000 yards in the SEC next year would definitely boost his stock.

If you don't think Williams can boost his stock by coming back, then you don't pay attention to college football much. This is a RB heavy draft, and history has shown that RBs haven't fared well in the draft in previous years. Most fall much farther than they should because there isn't as big of a demand in the NFL for them.

This year Melvin Gordon, Ameer Abdullah, Todd Gurley, the Boise RB Ajayi, Tevin Coleman, and Duke Johnson will all go higher than Jonathan Williams. Then you have players like Mike Davis and TJ Yeldon who will be a coin flip as to who goes before each other along with Williams if he were to enter. Last year there wasn't a single RB who went in the first round. This year there will probably be 2, but Williams would likely be slotted around the 4th or 5th round at best. He could wait, let some of these dominant RBs declare after this year, and if he duplicates the season he had this year next season then he will likely slide up into the top 5 prospects at the RB position. CBS doesn't have him as a 2015 draft prospect, and neither does Walter football. Most think he is a great back that will be leaving after next season.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Uncommon on November 04, 2014, 04:59:44 pm

Not everyone on here thinks he is good.  It seems must don't, actually. 

Clearly he won't be a first or second rounder.  What if he gets a fourth or fifth round grade?  Does he go?  Depends on his personal situation and whether he thinks he can improve that grade.  We don't know those answers.  Thus, the reason I said there is a decent chance he leaves.

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 04, 2014, 03:11:54 pm
The thought of reed, KJ hill, will gragg, Jojo Robinson, Jared Cornelius, deon Stewart, Keon hatcher and hunter Henry should really excite our quarterbacks. We will be putting weapons all over the field. There won't be an excuse for not enough playmakers anymore.
Pettaway as well. Even if Pettaway is being recruited as an athlete. That is a very impressive group of skilled players. Kudos to this staff!
I love off season Football!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

I feel he can be a Justin Hunter type player after about year 2 in this offense

East TN HAWG

I'm not speaking for Richard, but he has said on this site that the offensive numbers are tight.  This was before Pettway committed.  I don't see us taking Reed.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 04, 2014, 07:50:37 pm
I'm not speaking for Richard, but he has said on this site that the offensive numbers are tight.  This was before Pettway committed.  I don't see us taking Reed.

He did say that I saw that post. But Today in this thread he posted this. Something must have changed.

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 04, 2014, 03:02:21 pm
Reed will be a Hog if he takes care of business

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 04, 2014, 03:30:45 pm
Hatcher?  Seriously?

This.  Hatcher has exactly 0% chance of getting drafted.  I like the kid, but leaving early for the draft?   Cmon man.

Music City Hog

Richard spoke for himself in this thread.  Take a look.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 04, 2014, 08:05:44 pm
This.  Hatcher has exactly 0% chance of getting drafted.  I like the kid, but leaving early for the draft?   Cmon man.

Many NFL scouts disagree, according to the articles linked in this thread.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Pettway is being recruited as an athlete. He'll probably play defense here.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 04, 2014, 09:23:23 pm

Well I'll bet you $1000 Keon Hatcher doesn't get drafted in the top 5 rounds.  Round 6 and 7 have a less than 10% chance of making the team.   If you leave early for anything lower than 3rd round then you're not smart.  Keon is smart which is why he will never leave early.  Suggesting otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.  I love Hatcher but he has beaten one guy deep all year and he dropped that pass.

He's a tough, reliable 5 -7 yard out or curl guy.  The NFL ain't looking for that. 

SemperFi

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 04, 2014, 11:55:03 pm
Well I'll bet you $1000 Keon Hatcher doesn't get drafted in the top 5 rounds.  Round 6 and 7 have a less than 10% chance of making the team.   If you leave early for anything lower than 3rd round then you're not smart.  Keon is smart which is why he will never leave early.  Suggesting otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.  I love Hatcher but he has beaten one guy deep all year and he dropped that pass.

He's a tough, reliable 5 -7 yard out or curl guy.  The NFL ain't looking for that. 

Music City Hog is dead on here. Really like Hatcher, but I just can't see him making it in the NFL. We've had some very good Receivers in the past that had their cup of coffee in the NFL, but have now moved on to other things in life. Hatcher is a good kid that should get his degree and finish out his career as a well loved and respected member of the Razorback football team.

Hogdomer

Quote from: SemperFi on November 05, 2014, 05:05:09 am
Music City Hog is dead on here. Really like Hatcher, but I just can't see him making it in the NFL. We've had some very good Receivers in the past that had their cup of coffee in the NFL, but have now moved on to other things in life. Hatcher is a good kid that should get his degree and finish out his career as a well loved and respected member of the Razorback football team.

I hope he comes back, but I think this thread is evidence he isn't well loved and respected.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 05, 2014, 09:04:13 am
I hope he comes back, but I think this thread is evidence he isn't well loved and respected.

That makes zero sense. Being an NFL caliber talent has nothing to do with being loved and respected.  There are thousands of Razorbacks that are love and respected and not currently or ever were in the NFL.

Nipsey Mussle

Typical hogville, allowing one dumb post to derail the thread.

Hatcher isn't leaving early for the pros. Please debate that stupidity in another thread. ...

Moving on..

So Reed is a Hog if he takes care of business. I wonder if that means poor grades or ACT score?  Both?

ricepig

Quote from: BBsTheMan on November 05, 2014, 09:32:31 am
Typical hogville, allowing one dumb post to derail the thread.

Hatcher isn't leaving early for the pros. Please debate that stupidity in another thread. ...

Moving on..

So Reed is a Hog if he takes care of business. I wonder if that means poor grades or ACT score?  Both?

He's in JUCO, needs to graduate, and for SEC eligibility, pass college Algebra.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2014, 10:12:38 am
He's in JUCO, needs to graduate, and for SEC eligibility, pass college Algebra.
Thanks for the info.

Pork Twain

November 05, 2014, 02:21:19 pm #48 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:02:48 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: Hogdomer on November 04, 2014, 09:23:23 pm
Many?  I love the guy and what he does for us on the field but I do not think he is a top 50 WR in the NCAA and another year would greatly improve his stock.

I did not think Scotty Thurman should have left early either, but that did not mean he was anything other than one of my favorite Hogs of all time.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Been10Hog

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 04, 2014, 04:38:05 pm
I agree there is a better chance Williams goes.  In fact, he probably should with the short shelf life of RBs.  Even Beilema said he would need to evaluate it based on how well he is playing after the UAB game. 

Hatcher is better than you guys think.  He is the only receiver with any ability to stretch the field and we have no one in the slot who opponents respect, so all the attention on the outside is on him.  QB play has been suspect too.  I'm not the only one who thinks he has potential.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2014/08/07/rushing-receivers-2/
When has Hatcher ever stretched the field? He has been wide open a couple of times after brilliant play action fakes sucked in corners and safetys. What game has he beat someone deep? I would like to look that up to change my opinion.