Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we recruiting any kickers for this class?

Started by Hogdomer, November 03, 2014, 04:48:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

It's obvious we need help immediately.  It seems equally obvious the coaches are disappointed with Hedlund's performance.  You don't normally redshirt a kicker, especially when you've had the problems we have.

JaketheSnake

Scott7703

We already have one kicker on scholarship that isn't kicking. How many we need?

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 03, 2014, 06:17:02 pm
We already have one kicker on scholarship that isn't kicking. How many we need?

We actually have 2 kickers on scholarship that aren't kicking.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 03, 2014, 04:48:50 pm
It's obvious we need help immediately.  It seems equally obvious the coaches are disappointed with Hedlund's performance.  You don't normally redshirt a kicker, especially when you've had the problems we have.
Hedlund will be the next Hocker. I dont think i have ever made a "promise" on here before, but he will be the real deal. Not sure what about him held him back, but a red shirt never hurts.

lumphog

Quote from: VirginiaHog on November 03, 2014, 06:20:37 pm
Hedlund will be the next Hocker. I dont think i have ever made a "promise" on here before, but he will be the real deal. Not sure what about him held him back, but a red shirt never hurts.
Built for the Future!!!!

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: VirginiaHog on November 03, 2014, 06:20:37 pm
Yeah I feel like there must have been a legit reason for him not to be on the field outside just redshirting, since you could argue that two or three games this year were lost due to lack of solid kicking.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

HogWildBison2011

We had two guys that was just as capable in CBB's eyes to perform the duties and allow CH a redshirt/developmental year. Its not that hard to comprehend. Any doubts of CH abilities here you go-->http://www.hudl.com/athlete/465893/highlights/107806403

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

redeye

I think the concern for Hedlund is probably unwarranted and I'm still excited about McFain.  Yea, I know he missed one against MSU, but that happens with new kickers.  But if the coaches don't think they have a dependable option for next year, then by all means, keep signing kickers until you find one.  In case you're one of those who doesn't think kickers are important, then let me remind you that Hocker is the leading scorer in the history of Arkansas football and that his leg won several games for us.

jackflash

SemperFi

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on November 03, 2014, 07:37:17 pm
We had two guys that was just as capable in CBB's eyes to perform the duties and allow CH a redshirt/developmental year. Its not that hard to comprehend. Any doubts of CH abilities here you go-->http://www.hudl.com/athlete/465893/highlights/107806403

Never doubted his kicking, but watching that highlight video sure reassures me that the kid is the real deal. The ball gets up real fast and he has plenty of distance to be money from the 30 yd line and in.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ArKan5a5 KiD

Giving this kid a year to develop and work on strength and even accuracy is only a plus in my mind. McFain has done a good job since taking over. I'm happy with the ability to redshirt a kicker so we can prepare for the next 4 years.

FATHAWG08

Would like a kicker who can get it the end zone on kickoffs. That is a major plus
I love off season Football!!

lefty08

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 04, 2014, 07:01:53 am
Would like a kicker who can get it the end zone on kickoffs. That is a major plus

I've noticed a lot of teams kickers not kicking it that far this year, it's a weird deal
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogdomer

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on November 03, 2014, 07:37:17 pm

Then "CBB"'s evaluation skills for kickers are severely lacking (which I don't believe).

jacobp

Giving him the redshirt will also give us Hedlund as kicker for 4 years alongside the #1 High School Punter, who will be on campus next fall.

SonOfMud

Really, the question is ... was Hedlund kicking off of a tee in high school?  That could be the hangup. 
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: lefty08 on November 04, 2014, 07:10:22 am
I've noticed a lot of teams kickers not kicking it that far this year, it's a weird deal

Maybe teams are not kicking it into the endzone by design, give them the ball on the 25 or kick it to the #2 kick returner and see if you can get something out of the play.

Honestly without KM to return kicks with Keon, I would rather they kick it into our end zone and we get it at the 25.

toshortrock

so some of u say u get a kicker and redshirt him,,really
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

PorkRinds

Quote from: SonOfMud on November 04, 2014, 10:03:37 am
Really, the question is ... was Hedlund kicking off of a tee in high school?  That could be the hangup.

That's not the hang up.

tbhogfan

Depending on which service you prefer, Cole was the #2 or 3 PK coming out of High School last year.  He has plenty of leg and none of the film I have ever seen would indicate that he used a tee for field goals.  We have too many other needs to spend another scholarship on a PK. 

I look for Cole to have a big year next year.
Go Hogs!

The_Iceman

I'm glad we redshirted Cole. Kicking is extremely mental. If we put him out there before he was ready, it could have damaged him longterm.

Cole will be the man for the next 4 years.