Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early enrollment

Started by MS_HogFan, November 03, 2014, 11:11:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MS_HogFan

Who of our current commitments are going to enroll early?
Thanks
SOOIE

IBleedRazorbackRed

Froholdt, gragg, storey, rogers, ledbetter, and dean.

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

MH04

Also josh allen the OL transfer from north carolina

greenie

I guess KJ Hill is staying home to play basketball?  Sure wish he could get a fast start like Cornelius did.

outlawhogeywells

Is Cantrell not an early enrollee also

Hogdomer

Froholdt, maybe Dean and especially Ledbetter could get immediate playing time on the defensive line.  Gragg may get a head start filling in the hole AJ Derby will leave.  Allen will definitely have a chance to work into the offensive line two deep.  Offensive line has been a major disappointment in league play. 

RazorPiggie

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: MH04 on November 03, 2014, 12:09:10 pm
Also josh allen the OL transfer from north carolina

Yes, good call

HawgMa44

Cantrell going for three-peat as state shot put champ.

HogWildBison2011

Look for the little symbol with a clock on it under their name. http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits

Just from word of mouth I heard Dean was taking classes at UAFS over the summer to qualify as an early enrollee. Just like IBleedRazorbackRed mentioned.

onebadrubi

After watching derby all year and Henry the last two games it's hard to imagine we are getting better at TE, but these TE recruits are just insane! 

redeye

It feels odd to say, but I sure wish Derby had another year.  I still don't think we've seen his best.

Melorock089

Can we count any back to last year?

immahog

Quote from: redeye on November 03, 2014, 08:55:16 pm
It feels odd to say, but I sure wish Derby had another year.  I still don't think we've seen his best.

THIS......some NFL team will get a steal
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Tim Harris

Tim Harris

Quote from: redeye on November 03, 2014, 08:55:16 pm

I agree.  Wish he had played TE last year.  There is no telling what the kid could do this year if it was his 2nd year playing the position.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hogdomer on November 03, 2014, 01:55:17 pm
Froholdt, maybe Dean and especially Ledbetter could get immediate playing time on the defensive line.  Gragg may get a head start filling in the hole AJ Derby will leave.  Allen will definitely have a chance to work into the offensive line two deep.  Offensive line has been a major disappointment in league play. 

I'm hoping Dean gets to RS but being here early may help him get in to the rotation.

greenie

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 04, 2014, 08:19:01 am
No

Hey Tim,

For the regular folks, it appears that some SEC teams have more than 25 committed already.  MS State shows 31 commits, and it seems that last year Tennessee had a huge number.  Are they getting away with something or do they really have that many spots to count back?

Tim Harris

Quote from: greenie on November 04, 2014, 08:24:35 am
Hey Tim,

For the regular folks, it appears that some SEC teams have more than 25 committed already.  MS State shows 31 commits, and it seems that last year Tennessee had a huge number.  Are they getting away with something or do they really have that many spots to count back?

You can have as many commits as you want....as far as signing over 25 you have to have spots to count back.  We signed a full class last year thus no spots to count back.  25 is all we can sign this year.

greenie

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 04, 2014, 08:29:20 am
You can have as many commits as you want....as far as signing over 25 you have to have spots to count back.  We signed a full class last year thus no spots to count back.  25 is all we can sign this year.

Thank you, sir.

jackflash

What if we have some transfer? Can we count back on next year class?

Tim Harris

Quote from: jackflash on November 04, 2014, 08:52:18 am
What if we have some transfer? Can we count back on next year class?

No.  Once they have signed that spot is gone.  To sign more than 25 a year you have to have signed less than 25 the year before.  Transfers just opens up spots under the total limit of 85 scholarships.

lilRockNDubb

I thought we only signed 24 last year. Who was #25

azhog10

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on November 04, 2014, 04:11:25 pm
I believe Jake Hall ended up getting the 25th scholly correct? We took Pruits signature hoping he could qualify and he didn't. But maybe Hall made 24. I'm not sure.....

azhog10

Quote from: greenie on November 04, 2014, 08:24:35 am
Hey Tim,

Looks like MSU had 20-24 sign a letter of intent. They had 20 enroll and an additional 4 sign letter of intents. Of those 24 I believe 2 signed early and therefore may have counted back to the year before. If so they have an additional 3 for this year and therefore have the ability to sign 28.

I could be wrong Tim but to be able to sign 28 doesn't three of those have to enroll early?

ldfergu

Speaking of Pruitt, anyone have any news with him?

SemperHawg

Quote from: greenie on November 03, 2014, 12:44:10 pm
I guess KJ Hill is staying home to play basketball?  Sure wish he could get a fast start like Cornelius did.
KJ could easily contribute to the basketball team on the hill once he gets here.

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on November 04, 2014, 04:16:32 pm
I believe Jake Hall ended up getting the 25th scholly correct? We took Pruits signature hoping he could qualify and he didn't. But maybe Hall made 24. I'm not sure.....

Actually, we signed 23 including Pruitt and added Josh Williams and Bielema awarded Tyler Colquitt a scholarship, I think, haha.

Uncommon

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on November 04, 2014, 04:11:25 pm
Here were the 25 players that our 25 2014 scholarships went to:
1. Anthony Brown
2. Tyler Colquitt
3. Jared Cornelius
4. Juan Day
5. Kendrick Edwards
6. Dwayne Eugene
7. Cornelius Floyd
8. Khalia Hackett
9. Jake Hall
10. Cole Hedlund
11. Cody Hollister
12. Bijhon Jackson
13. Cameron Jefferson
14. Jack Kraus
15. Josh Liddell
16. Rafe Peavey
17. Frank Ragnow
18. Santos Ramirez
19. Randy Ramsey
20. Jojo Robinson
21. Henre' Toliver
22. Sebastian Tretola
23. Brian Wallace
24. Armon Watts
25. Josh Williams

CDBHawg

Quote from: Uncommon on November 04, 2014, 05:10:04 pm
Here were the 25 we signed:
1. Anthony Brown
2. Tyler Colquitt
3. Jared Cornelius
4. Juan Day
5. Kendrick Edwards
6. Dwayne Eugene
7. Cornelius Floyd
8. Khalia Hackett
9. Jake Hall
10. Cole Hedlund
11. Cody Hollister
12. Bijhon Jackson
13. Cameron Jefferson
14. Jack Kraus
15. Josh Liddell
16. Rafe Peavey
17. Frank Ragnow
18. Santos Ramirez
19. Randy Ramsey
20. Jojo Robinson
21. Henre' Toliver
22. Sebastian Tretola
23. Brian Wallace
24. Armon Watts
25. Josh Williams

We signed Jovan Pruitt as well.
Cool quit and Hall were given scholarships at a later date.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 04, 2014, 05:14:47 pm
We signed Jovan Pruitt as well.
Cool quit and Hall were given scholarships at a later date.
Pruitt went JC and I haven't heard anything about him recently. Anyone have word?

HOGINTENNESSEE

November 04, 2014, 06:19:28 pm #32 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:57:57 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on November 04, 2014, 05:53:10 pm
Pruitt went JC and I haven't heard anything about him recently. Anyone have word?

I believe he is redshirting this season at his JC. Same as Gary Cross.

If Cross comes back from his knee injury that kid could be a special player at Safety

Tim Harris

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on November 04, 2014, 05:53:10 pm

He has to be there for 2 years and then can be recruited by any school.  We don't have to go after him again and he doesn't have to come here even if we do.  Basically the entire process starts over again.  The thought is we should have an inside track but you never know.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 04, 2014, 07:50:48 pm
He has to be there for 2 years and then can be recruited by any school.  We don't have to go after him again and he doesn't have to come here even if we do.  Basically the entire process starts over again.  The thought is we should have an inside track but you never know.
Thank you Tim!

Slimac4

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 04, 2014, 07:50:48 pm

I just hope he red shirts so he has 3 to play in 3 when he gets here.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2014, 04:56:04 pm
Actually, we signed 23 including Pruitt and added Josh Williams and Bielema awarded Tyler Colquitt a scholarship, I think, haha.
Befinning of the season CBB stated Hall was a gray shirt from the beginning. It wasn't until some things happened a certain way and they awarded him and Colquitt a scholly.

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on November 04, 2014, 10:15:30 pm
Befinning of the season CBB stated Hall was a gray shirt from the beginning. It wasn't until some things happened a certain way and they awarded him and Colquitt a scholly.

They were put on scholarship in June.

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/6/26/5847340/razorbacks-place-jake-hall-and-tyler-colquitt-on-scholarship-arkansas

azhog10

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on November 04, 2014, 11:40:47 pm
That decision was made well after signing day is my point.

Which I pointed out in my original post.

azhog10

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2014, 04:56:04 pm
This was your original post. Nothing about Jake Hall being awarded a scholarship as well at the same time as Colquitt. Like I said Bielema made the decision to give Colquitt and Hall a scholarship at the same time. That decision was not made on NSD.

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on November 05, 2014, 08:10:50 am
This was your original post. Nothing about Jake Hall being awarded a scholarship as well at the same time as Colquitt. Like I said Bielema made the decision to give Colquitt and Hall a scholarship at the same time. That decision was not made on NSD.

I never said it was a NSD decision. It was well known that Hall would grey shirt if we needed to, it was also very obvious after signing day that wouldn't be necessary.