Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth your Time

Started by WilsonHog, November 03, 2014, 06:16:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brer Hog

Perhaps PP.

But don't believe in karma, btw, fellow Hogs. Try the Devine providence of God.  And, I'm  sure he got the joke.

Later.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Brer Hog on November 05, 2014, 10:48:15 pm
Tough room!  I guess you can't see the levity in my post.  I thought this was a Razorback board?  When I see something posted in MMQ posted worth your time, I expect it to be revolutionary.  Yeah, I get it.  She lost her dad whom she watched Ole Miss with to cancer.  So did I and I too miss him, but as a Razorback fan/graduate and former Mississippi State student I jokingly  responded with the tongue in cheek " Go to hell ole miss" the rallying cry of Mississippu State Bulldogs.  MSU students do not acknowledge "Ole Miss", but instead refer to it as "the school up north." Sorry that this went right over the heads of this collective that dare to assume they know any thing about me.  SEC rivalries are like that and Arkansas and certain PC fans could take a note or two on that!  It might just put a little fight back in the Hog. 

There's a time and place for everything, this particular thread wasn't the time nor the place for your "above our heads" humor.

Furthermore, you have a username that reflects being a Hog and since "we don't know you" what you left out in the initial post about being from MSU was missed (though still irrelevant to the loss of a young lady's father).

It's not what you say but how you say it that will usually invoke a response from others. This was certainly the case for my rebuttal to your initial post. Again, Bless your heart.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

007 License To Squeal

I can relate......My Dad passed at age 80 in March 2013.......my wife passed away in Dec 2013 at age 59.  Both succumbed from Cancer. Both were extremely loyal Razorback fans since the 60's.  If I could just enjoy their company during just one more game, my life would be complete.

Life used to be so much simpler.  Enjoy your family while you can. Tell them you love them every day.  In the end, relationships are the most important things in life.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Mike_e

Quote from: Brer Hog on November 06, 2014, 08:12:07 am
Perhaps PP.

But don't believe in karma, btw, fellow Hogs. Try the Devine providence of God.  And, I'm  sure he got the joke.

Later.

But there that bit about judging unless you be judged, giving and receiving and so on.

Not that it matters.

Carry on.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Shorttimer

When the bonfire collapsed at A&M, Longhorns came from everywhere to lend support.  When a tornado ripped through Tuscaloosa, Barners lent a hand to help.  When a mass murderer devastated the Viginia Tech campus, the Pitt Panthers wore helmet stickers in tribute.

Petty rivalries take a backseat when real life rears its ugly head, except for those who confuse football with real life. 

tophawg19

i know i lost my dad a couple weeks ago. he couldn't sit and watch a full game if it was close. he'd come in check the score and go do something for a few minutes , then come check the score again. MY mom , myself and my oldest daughter are diehard yell at the TV . fans . he didn't get that far but if they were losing he'd fuss a minute and get busy. All you can do is hang onto the good memories and let anything else go.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

WADHOG