Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 03, 2014, 06:10:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

RD, I have to ask again, how in the world is Raleigh 3* RB?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

trashcan maN

Id have to guess its his offer list.

Ole Miss
Duke
North Texas
Arkansas

Cant think of any other reason. Hes been unstoppable in almost every game.

1highhog

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 03, 2014, 07:25:22 am
Id have to guess its his offer list.

Ole Miss
Duke
North Texas
Arkansas

Cant think of any other reason. Hes been unstoppable in almost every game.

What kind of competition is he going up against?  Is he in one of the biggest classifications or one of the smaller ones?  That's the only reason I would be able to guess why he's rated so low.

trashcan maN

My friend from Odessa says RW3 FB schedule is "slightly above average" by TX FB standards. #s are very impressive to me based on competition.

secneahog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 03, 2014, 08:10:00 am
What kind of competition is he going up against?  Is he in one of the biggest classifications or one of the smaller ones?  That's the only reason I would be able to guess why he's rated so low.

That didn't matter when DGB was ranked.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

trashcan maN

He's faced better talent on a weekly basis than any team from Arkansas. He would be a 4* if he were from AR IMO.

mizzouman

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 03, 2014, 01:59:12 pm
He's faced better talent on a weekly basis than any team from Arkansas. He would be a 4* if he were from AR IMO.
Or is the kid really a 3* and the 4* kids from Arkansas are really 3*?

secneahog

Quote from: mizzouman on November 03, 2014, 03:17:07 pm
Or is the kid really a 3* and the 4* kids from Arkansas are really 3*?

Depends on how you would grade someone...
Attitude?....How they fit your scheme? ...a trouble maker? 

DGB .....would be a no star.
Dyer would be a no star.
Hunter Henry . 5 star.
Tennpenny would be a 4 star, he just wanted to go to Bama.
Kiehl Frazier 2 star...he isn't built for this team we use to have.
Frazier DT would be a 3 star for us. Not coach able.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

soccerrunner

Bishop Lynch is in TAPPS (Texas Assoc of Private & Parochial Schools) Division 1.  The competition, while not as strong overall as the higher division UIL schools, is quite credible.  This kid is legit.

secneahog

Great opponents or not, he's doing what elite rbs do. Crapping on the opponents defense every game.

Oklahawg

Quote from: secneahog on November 03, 2014, 04:00:17 pm
Great opponents or not, he's doing what elite rbs do. Crapping on the opponents defense every game.

Agreed. DMac didn't play elite competition.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

secneahog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 03, 2014, 04:04:54 pm
Agreed. DMac didn't play elite competition.

But was still a 5 star. Why do you think some rbs get snubbed like RW3?

soccerrunner

Chris Warren in Rockwall rushed for over 300 yards Friday night.  He's rated a 5 star but haven't heard much about his recruiting here in Dallas. 

secneahog

Quote from: soccerrunner on November 03, 2014, 04:18:06 pm
Chris Warren in Rockwall rushed for over 300 yards Friday night.  He's rated a 5 star but haven't heard much about his recruiting here in Dallas.

At one point everybody had offered him. Blew his knee out and teams backd off. Looks to be back.

trashcan maN

mizzouman, I think its equal both ways. Elite AR talent may get benefit of doubt with an extra star and very good TX talent may get pushed down into the crowd bc of volume of D1 players