Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you still approve of the job CBB has done?

Started by razorjack12, November 02, 2014, 02:43:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you approve of the job CBB has done?

Yes
482 (82.4%)
No
103 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 573

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

thefisher

Quote from: flynhog on November 03, 2014, 09:48:56 am
BB admitted the cupboard was bare when he got to the hill.  A year and a half of play and two recruiting classes is what he has to work with.  Give the man some time!!

CBB said that there were guys starting at Arkansas when he came that would not have made the team roster he had at Wisconsin.

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

mbonner

I'm still behind him. We have lost to Auburn, aTm, Alabama, Georgia, and State by a combined 51 pts. Heck we lost that much to Alabama in one game last yr. If that's not improvement then I don't know what is.

BadHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 02, 2014, 10:50:56 pm
We had one team finish 3rd in the division and #5 after winning the Cotton Bowl.  Great season but that does not elevate the program into the top tier of the SEC.

Western Division 2010
#1 Auburn        8  –   0             14   –   0   
#12 Arkansas  6  –   2             10   –   3   
#8 LSU       6  –   2             11   –   2   
#10 Alabama    5  –   3             10   –   3   
#15 Miss State   4  –   4            9   –   4   
Ole Miss      1  –   7            4   –   8   

Western Division 2011
#2 LSU              8  –   0           13   –   1   
#1 Alabama     7  –   1           12   –   1   
#5 Arkansas   6  –   2           11   –   2   
Auburn       4  –   4           8   –   5   
Mississippi St      2  –   6           7   –   6   
Ole Miss       0 -   8           2   –   10

Yes we were relevant prior to 2012 and a top SEC team and made our first BCS bowl appearance. I'll take 6-2 again and be very pleased. Hope CBB can get us there.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BadHog on November 02, 2014, 10:48:44 pm
We were very top tier 3 years ago.

Quote from: BadHog on November 03, 2014, 01:09:12 pm
Western Division 2010
#1 Auburn        8  –   0             14   –   0   
#12 Arkansas  6  –   2             10   –   3   
#8 LSU       6  –   2             11   –   2   
#10 Alabama    5  –   3             10   –   3   
#15 Miss State   4  –   4            9   –   4   
Ole Miss      1  –   7            4   –   8   

Western Division 2011
#2 LSU              8  –   0           13   –   1   
#1 Alabama     7  –   1           12   –   1   
#5 Arkansas   6  –   2           11   –   2   
Auburn       4  –   4           8   –   5   
Mississippi St      2  –   6           7   –   6   
Ole Miss       0 -   8           2   –   10

Yes we were relevant prior to 2012 and a top SEC team and made our first BCS bowl appearance. I'll take 6-2 again and be very pleased. Hope CBB can get us there.

Sure, we were relevant.  We were relevant in 2006 as well and almost in 1998. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HotlantaHog

Is there a choice other than yes or no?

I would vote yes given the two choices. However, I am not in the camp that CBB is the greatest coach who ever lived or the reincarnation of Houston Nutt (or name your failed coach of choice.)

And I kind of hate the idea you either have to be a blind supporter or a hater. Somewhere in between seems reasonable enough.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PORKULATOR

Shocked that there are at least 100 dimwits on here that think more of their own opinion than our coach's. I for one,  trust Bret with these kids more than any of us.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HiggiePiggy

If the question was asked now I am sure that 100 would be probably closer to 10.  Many of us have finally seen what we have been wanting to see for over a year.  A SEC win.   Back to back shutout wins over 2 ranked opponents is pretty impressive.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 25, 2014, 12:01:43 pm
A good thread to keep current...

And one to tally all the people who really don't know much about football or are not really Hog fans. There are 15-20 real winners here, and a nice crow eating session ought to be proffered for all of them. This is also where to look when all the guys who are negative claim there are no people that are really being negative; they're just being realistic...blah...blah...blah. Mark it down!
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on November 25, 2014, 12:45:11 pm
And one to tally all the people who really don't know much about football or are not really Hog fans. There are 15-20 real winners here, and a nice crow eating session ought to be proffered for all of them. This is also where to look when all the guys who are negative claim there are no people that are really being negative; they're just being realistic...blah...blah...blah. Mark it down!
Subtlety is lost on some...

;)
All Gas, No Brakes!

clew

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 02, 2014, 03:47:35 pm
Ring my bell on November 22, after we beat LSU and Ole Miss and just before we beat Mizzou. We were not allowed to beat the number 1 team in the nation. The SEC powers that be, were not going to allow it. They will now step aside and give us an equal chance, and given another open week, Bielema and crew will finally begin the trip to shutting up you negatve Nancys. Another recruiting class and maybe you so called experts will leave for good or at least for a few months. WPS
+1
Pure as the dawn

Vantage 8 dude

Personally I've never disapproved of his approach. While like most everyone else I was disappointed and somewhat discouraged at several of the earlier games that slipped through our hands, I also felt the progress of this team was very noticeable and definitive. I believed that given enough time and the right circumstances the team would finally break through and begin building their own winning tradition. I've always been taught that doing things the right way is never easy; however, when you do it will eventually have its rewards. Seems we're beginning to see the true wisdom of that.

DLUXHOG

Bielema is gold, and is now "home" in the state he loves....  WPS!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Albert Einswine

I think we've made the turn and the future is bright.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Piggfoot

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 22, 2014, 08:13:00 pm
Shocked that there are at least 100 dimwits on here that think more of their own opinion than our coach's. I for one,  trust Bret with these kids more than any of us.
Those 100 people are meaningless. They are probably people who turn their noses up when someone gives them a gift because it was not what they wanted.
It is not surprising when you consider the general population is composed of more than 50% pessimists and 6% narcissists and 18% of the work force is composed of chronic complainers. Hogville is composed of these people.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 25, 2014, 01:33:27 pm
Subtlety is lost on some...

;)

It's kind of hard to use subtlety here, hence my addendum to your post. Sorry if it seemed like I stepped on your toes.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Piggfoot

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 03, 2014, 01:21:49 pm

I would vote yes given the two choices. However, I am not in the camp that CBB is the greatest coach who ever lived or the reincarnation of Houston Nutt (or name your failed coach of choice.)

And I kind of hate the idea you either have to be a blind supporter or a hater. Somewhere in between seems reasonable enough.
Is the question not simple enough for you? So you don't approve. Just say it.
You obviously belong in that 50% of the population who are chronic complainers.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 03, 2014, 01:21:49 pm

Sometimes, you just cannot sit on the fence... 
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 25, 2014, 02:56:05 pm
Those 100 people are meaningless. They are probably people who turn their noses up when someone gives them a gift because it was not what they wanted.
It is not surprising when you consider the general population is composed of more than 50% pessimists and 6% narcissists and 18% of the work force is composed of chronic complainers. Hogville is composed of these people.

I think someone on Hogville has a sig line that goes something like:

Think of how bright the "average" person is. Then realize that half the people out there are not as smart as "average".

clew

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on November 25, 2014, 03:29:16 pm
I think someone on Hogville has a sig line that goes something like:

Think of how bright the "average" person is. Then realize that half the people out there are not as smart as "average".
George Carlin says hi.
Pure as the dawn

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on November 25, 2014, 03:02:59 pm
It's kind of hard to use subtlety here, hence my addendum to your post. Sorry if it seemed like I stepped on your toes.
Yeah, I ain't mad atcha.

I understand, this is Hogville.
All Gas, No Brakes!

GuvHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 25, 2014, 02:56:05 pm

Actually they are meaningless because they were posted some time ago, before the last 2 games. people are human so minds do change. If that poll started from scratch after the shutout of Ole Miss, the No votes would be less than a 4th of what they are in this thread IMHO.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ironhawg

I voted no in the original poll.  Check the date on this poll.  It was put out when Arkansas was in the midst of a school record-setting conference game losing streak and over 75% of that streak occurred during CBB's tenure.  The loss to Texas A&M shocked me.  I thought the Hogs would win that game.  I had my hopes raised by the defensive performance against both Alabama and Mississippi State, but sandwiched between those outstanding efforts there was the horrible performance against Georgia.  Which Hog team was the real Hog team?  The hard-hitting Hogs of Bama and MSU or the Hogs that couldn't shoot straight of Georgia? The victories against LSU and especially Ole Miss restored my hope for the future. 
My dissatisfaction as expressed by my no in the original poll was, even then, a conflicted and only partial no.  My dissatisfaction with CBB at the time was strictly with the wins and losses.  As far as his handling of the program and the players otherwise I am well satisfied.  There is not a doubt in my mind that CBB really cares about his players.  Look at the way the players react to him.  Look at his relationship with Trey Flowers.  But there is another side to CBB that is just as important.  He cares, but can and will express his caring in disciplinary action when needed and no one is above the law.  His handling of Korliss Marshall demonstrates that. 
The last month has caused me to change my mind and I have come to firmly believe that Coach Bret Bielema is the coach that Arkansas needs.  If my initial doubts make me a hater, so be it.  I prefer to stand on my own two feet and not subscribe to group think.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 25, 2014, 04:07:39 pm
I voted no in the original poll.  Check the date on this poll.  It was put out when Arkansas was in the midst of a school record-setting conference game losing streak and over 75% of that streak occurred during CBB's tenure.  The loss to Texas A&M shocked me.  I thought the Hogs would win that game.  I had my hopes raised by the defensive performance against both Alabama and Mississippi State, but sandwiched between those outstanding efforts there was the horrible performance against Georgia.  Which Hog team was the real Hog team?  The hard-hitting Hogs of Bama and MSU or the Hogs that couldn't shoot straight of Georgia? The victories against LSU and especially Ole Miss restored my hope for the future. 
My dissatisfaction as expressed by my no in the original poll was, even then, a conflicted and only partial no.  My dissatisfaction with CBB at the time was strictly with the wins and losses.  As far as his handling of the program and the players otherwise I am well satisfied.  There is not a doubt in my mind that CBB really cares about his players.  Look at the way the players react to him.  Look at his relationship with Trey Flowers.  But there is another side to CBB that is just as important.  He cares, but can and will express his caring in disciplinary action when needed and no one is above the law.  His handling of Korliss Marshall demonstrates that. 
The last month has caused me to change my mind and I have come to firmly believe that Coach Bret Bielema is the coach that Arkansas needs.  If my initial doubts make me a hater, so be it.  I prefer to stand on my own two feet and not subscribe to group think.
It doesn't necessarily make you a hater.  But it does show that you, like the majority of Hogvillians and other Hog fans, don't really understand the game all that well.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Gonzo

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 25, 2014, 03:09:29 pm
Is the question not simple enough for you? So you don't approve. Just say it.
You obviously belong in that 50% of the population who are chronic complainers.

I think your last comment epitomizes Hogville these days. I doubt that anywhere near 50% of the population is either chronic complainers or chronic sunshine pumpers. I daresay either category would likely be less than 10% of the population. I believe most folks fall much more toward a balance of the two, thinking there are good things to note and not so good things to note in most situations. Sad that this place seems to have devolved into a pit where everyone HAS to be either on my side or my enemy.

Go Hogs! Beat Mizzou!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: moses_007 on November 03, 2014, 01:24:58 am
The only real improvement I've seen is in the defense, and that's why we have kept this year's SEC games much closer.  Our offense was horrible against Alabama, against Mississippi State, against Georgia.

Special teams is horrible, kicking game is horrible, absolutely no punt returns or kickoff returns.

If anything, our offense is worse than last season. 

No way I can approve of Bielema as our head coach.  He doesn't deserve the fans' approval for the job he's done so far.
Perhaps I've missed it, very possible, but how'd the past couple of weeks work out for you on these comments and observations? Still think pretty much everything but the defense pretty much "stinks"? I mean if you're going to be free and liberal with your criticism and dislikes it seems the least you could do is "man up" and actually give credit where credit is due.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: MSMHawg on November 02, 2014, 11:43:09 pm
0-8 to 0-8 is not improvement
Still want to stick with the brilliant observation? BTW please don't EVER attempt to forecast or predict anything again. Total waste of energy.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 25, 2014, 04:26:37 pm
It doesn't necessarily make you a hater.  But it does show that you, like the majority of Hogvillians and other Hog fans, don't really understand the game all that well.

What exactly do I not understand?  I understand that to run the kind of game CBB wants to run takes a great deal of time because it is predicated on controlling the lines of scrimmage on both offense and defense.  To do this takes time because most linemen coming out of high school are not physically ready to compete against SEC linemen.  They also need time to understand line play calls and to know their responsibilities on audibles.  They have to know and perform their job on each play without thinking because the slightest hesitation could result in an offensive lineman missing a block which blows up a play or a defensive lineman missing an assignment which could result in a big play.  I understand that the coverage schemes in the secondary are probably much more difficult than those run by DBs in high school, so it takes them time to learn the coverages.  Same goes for the LBs.  I understand that the talent in the secondary and at linebacker was not up to SEC standards and will take some time to get there.  I also understand that the new DC has changed the defensive scheme and philosophy and it took some time this season for the players to fully understand things and to grow together into a top-notch defense.  I also understand that one huge challenge for this team is a lack of depth pretty much across the board.  Again it takes time for this issue to be corrected through recruiting more and better talent.  What else do I not understand?
Just because I understand things doesn't mean that I am not human and prone to occasionally being impatient.  The last three seasons of Razorback football ineptitude has contributed to this impatience.  I fully understand that impatience is not my finest attribute and I hope to get better.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Redhogs on November 03, 2014, 09:48:55 am
Accurate...but so many on this board won't let the truth get in their way..just plain strange.
How's your version of the "truth" going down these days troll?

Dan42AR

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 25, 2014, 04:46:37 pm
Perhaps I've missed it, very possible, but how'd the past couple of weeks work out for you on these comments and observations? Still think pretty much everything but the defense pretty much "stinks"? I mean if you're going to be free and liberal with your criticism and dislikes it seems the least you could do is "man up" and actually give credit where credit is due.

Dude you know that's not going to happen. Most of the people that don't like our coach still wish the Awbarn coach would have been hired instead.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Dan42AR on November 25, 2014, 04:56:25 pm
Dude you know that's not going to happen. Most of the people that don't like our coach still wish the Awbarn coach would have been hired instead.
I agree it's highly unlikely, however, some have actually had the guts and gonads to come on over the past several days and owned up to their bad judgement. I just wanted to "call out" a few of the more vocal and obnoxious of the trolls and challenge them to admit they're being premature in writing off this HC. Now we'll see if they are anything more than hot air-which I seriously doubt.

WJBilly

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 02, 2014, 03:47:35 pm
Ring my bell on November 22, after we beat LSU and Ole Miss and just before we beat Mizzou. We were not allowed to beat the number 1 team in the nation. The SEC powers that be, were not going to allow it. They will now step aside and give us an equal chance, and given another open week, Bielema and crew will finally begin the trip to shutting up you negatve Nancys. Another recruiting class and maybe you so called experts will leave for good or at least for a few months. WPS
Dang man, you got any tips on buying stock? ;D ;D ;D