Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you still approve of the job CBB has done?

Started by razorjack12, November 02, 2014, 02:43:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you approve of the job CBB has done?

Yes
482 (82.4%)
No
103 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 573

razorjack12

I certainly do!  I am 100% behind CBB.  The team has shown tremendous improvement this season.

CBB inherited a program that was a complete dumpster fire.  He also installed a brand new system with a completely depleted roster.  And in year 2 the team has improved and become very competitive in the toughest division in all of CFB.  We have lost 3 games by a TD or less.

The primary thing holding back the 2014 Razorbacks is the murderers row schedule....5 straight conference games against top 10 opponents?   That has never happened in the history of CFB.

I support CBB and what he is building.

Next year we should easily beat:

Utep, Toledo, Texas Tech, UT-Martin, and Miss State.

We will be favored in 2 other games:

aTm and Missouri.

Our win total in 2014 has already exceeded 2013.  And 2015s win total should easily surpass 2014.  The trajectory is up, up, up.   Which is why I give CBB a 100% vote of confidence.

RazorPiggie

100% 

Everyone said at the beginning of the year we would be improved but it may not show up on the W column because if our schedule. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year we'd lose 3 SEC games by 2 possessions I would have called you crazy.

Crap by the time we play LSU they might be in the top 10 and Ole Miss may still be as well.

hawg IQ

Yes BB is doing good here as a head coach.  I think most of hog fans are over reacting to these SEC losses. Those teams we are playing are good (a&m-soso?).

the problem is we don't know how to win and close out a victory and that includes coaches, players and such.  It just takes a little more than what we have in talent and depth. Teams are beating us in 2nd half on offense and defense. We have to score in the so called red zone.

But as fans we need to just hang on a while longer and that includes myself.
go hogs go !

TeufelHog

100% behind CBB, his Staff, and this team.  Did not expect this amount of progress in YEAR 2.  WE HAVE BEEN COMPETITIVE WITH 5 CONSECUTIVE TOP 10 TEAMS.  Love these Hogs and this Staff!

Wild Boarnado

Well said, OP and RazorPiggie. I agree with you.  We are still in the process of building the depth of talent we need.  I think coaching is what has kept us as competitive as we've been in a year where on paper we weren't suppose to be as competitive against the top teams of the nation. 

At the beginning of the games I'm hoping we don't get blown out and then we play so close that my hopes get raised and then we lose and instead of feeling relieved that we didn't get blown out, I'm upset we lost.

The fact we are so much improved and competitive this year leads me to believe that if we stay the course with CBB we will be a powerhouse dominating the SEC.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I'm behind him for sure.  He has had only two recruiting classes and one on short notice and those players are getting a lot of experience.  I wasn't expecting much this year, just better than last year and we definitely are.  I'm disappointed in how we lost quite a few of our games, but I also realize that this team is young overall.  Next year we should see tremendous improvement, hopefully 9 wins.  We need a signature SEC win this year though, I don't want to go into year three winless in the SEC.  These kids need something to build on.

Dirty

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

onebadrubi

We had people fully support the hire, support the hire after realizing it really happened since it came out of no where, and people that hated the hire for either loving Petrino or just hating this style of FB. 

Well I don't think anyone that supported the hire has gone to the other side, but you have seen people that didn't support the hire or like it come to the side of liking CBB.  There are still people here who don't like it but aren't bashing him, fair enough, then you  have the idiots that are granted a keyboard that say completely stupid things like fire him now.  If you can't see the vast improvement you just aren't wanting too. 

pigskenG

If we were in the SEC East, we would be at least 6-3 already. Not to mention we played the best team in the SEC East this year.  The SEC West is not a good place to rebuild a program overnight right now.

LRrazorback

Don't mean to derail this thread but...

Maybe a better question is:

What do the coaches and fans of the other sec teams, specifically western division, think about the job he's doing?

Are they saying fire him or keep him?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: pigskenG on November 02, 2014, 03:27:07 pm
If we were in the SEC East, we would be at least 6-3 already. Not to mention we played the best team in the SEC East this year.  The SEC West is not a good place to rebuild a program overnight right now.

Did we?   That same team has lost to Florida and South Carolina in its own division.  Record wise they are actually the second best team in the east.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: LRrazorback on November 02, 2014, 03:30:42 pm
Don't mean to derail this thread but...

Maybe a better question is:

What do the coaches and fans of the other sec teams, specifically western division, think about the job he's doing?

Are they saying fire him or keep him?

Would be interesting to see. I think we will find out at the SEC media days next year.

Smokehouse

Absolutely. He took over a bigger dumpster fire than most are willing to acknowledge. Takes more than one full season of recruiting to fix.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Pigdiana Jones

0-whatever is the bottom line truth. There's no getting around that. Moral victories don't count. About to "turn the corner" doesn't count. You either win or you don't, period.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Thepigdoctor

What would change after taking the #1 team in the nation to the wire? Troll bait.

Bubba's Bruisers

Priority #1 is He just needs to recruit better offensive skill players for the passing game.  Storey, JoJo, Hill, Gragg, Cantrell, and O'Grady are good starts.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TNRazorbacker

Bad question... So I didn't answer. Am I satisfied with the results so far? Certainly not.

Do I like the way things are going and have confidence in the future, absolutely.

hogcard1964

texas tush hog

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on November 02, 2014, 03:42:25 pm
0-whatever is the bottom line truth. There's no getting around that. Moral victories don't count. About to "turn the corner" doesn't count. You either win or you don't, period.

Ring my bell on November 22, after we beat LSU and Ole Miss and just before we beat Mizzou. We were not allowed to beat the number 1 team in the nation. The SEC powers that be, were not going to allow it. They will now step aside and give us an equal chance, and given another open week, Bielema and crew will finally begin the trip to shutting up you negatve Nancys. Another recruiting class and maybe you so called experts will leave for good or at least for a few months. WPS

alohawg

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on November 02, 2014, 03:42:25 pm

Most of the recurring problems that are killing us have nothing to do with any process other than the process of losing. Punting from solid fg range yesterday was on the same coaches people have so much faith in going forward....think about that for a minute.
I'm not calling for Bielema's head, Chaney yes, but he is the head hog and bears the greater responsibility for such game management mistakes. He needs to learn and be smarter because that was over the top stupid.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: alohawg on November 02, 2014, 04:03:00 pm
Most of the recurring problems that are killing us have nothing to do with any process other than the process of losing. Punting from solid fg range yesterday was on the same coaches people have so much faith in going forward....think about that for a minute.
I'm not calling for Bielema's head, Chaney yes, but he is the head hog and bears the greater responsibility for such game management mistakes. He needs to learn and be smarter because that was over the top stupid.

50+ yard field goals are not solid field goal range in college football. 

texas tush hog

What is your coaching resume that qualifies you to call for Chaney's head. I have friends in the coaching fraternity that I have known for years that hold both Chaney, Bielema and Pittman in very high regard. I will defer to them and my own eyes and call this Chaney bashing BS.

lefty08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 02, 2014, 03:32:24 pm
Did we?   That same team has lost to Florida and South Carolina in its own division.  Record wise they are actually the second best team in the east.
and we play mizz too, your point?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HiggiePiggy

What has Chaney done in his career to make you think he is great?

Pig In The City

Quote from: TeufelHog on November 02, 2014, 03:06:38 pm
100% behind CBB, his Staff, and this team.  Did not expect this amount of progress in YEAR 2.  WE HAVE BEEN COMPETITIVE WITH 5 CONSECUTIVE TOP 10 TEAMS.  Love these Hogs and this Staff!
I totally agree. The progress made is outstanding and I am seeing the offense and defense grow each week. Rome wasn't built in a day. I understand the fan frustration but it is time for fans to get behind these young men. They have bought in so we can too. Folks who get in a rage about where our team is at has way too much invested.

bighogonthewall

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 02, 2014, 03:47:35 pm
Ring my bell on November 22, after we beat LSU and Ole Miss and just before we beat Mizzou. We were not allowed to beat the number 1 team in the nation. The SEC powers that be, were not going to allow it. They will now step aside and give us an equal chance, and given another open week, Bielema and crew will finally begin the trip to shutting up you negatve Nancys. Another recruiting class and maybe you so called experts will leave for good or at least for a few months. WPS

Do you really think we beat LSU? That team is rolling, not to mention they are a very good second half football team. Freaky how they come back in the 4th quarter a lot of times and win. Where we haven't scored a handful of points in the second half all year against SEC teams. That's my worry against them. Hoping you are right tho. Beat LSU and that will heal a lot of wounds still open from the other SEC losses.

rzrbackrob

Voted yes, but not 100%

I see improvement from 2013:
1) more wins - taking care of the out of conference opponents easily
2) competitive in loses
3) more maturity from head coach (twitter and false bravado)
4) players are staying out of trouble with the law

Major Concerns
1) Still not one SEC win in almost two seasons
2) Poor team performance in the 4th quarter
3) BB still goes off script in public statements

Next year it a bowl or bust. 6-6 or better. Time for moral victories will be over. Another year without a SEC win, then Long and his man BB has to go.
Good is the enemy of great

alohawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 02, 2014, 04:07:49 pm
50+ yard field goals are not solid field goal range in college football. 

So you think the 32 yd. line in college is out of fg range, really???
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

alohawg

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 02, 2014, 04:11:46 pm
What is your coaching resume that qualifies you to call for Chaney's head. I have friends in the coaching fraternity that I have known for years that hold both Chaney, Bielema and Pittman in very high regard. I will defer to them and my own eyes and call this Chaney bashing BS.

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 02, 2014, 04:16:19 pm
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

rupert

The improvement is nice but have to think better coaching/play-calling during the game would have gotten us one or two of those close ones we left get away

Dominicanhog

swinemaster

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 02, 2014, 04:16:19 pm

You probably won't read it because if you don't already know this then you are probably not well read.  But just in case, here you go.

Chaney spent the previous four seasons at Tennessee as the Vols' offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach and was the interim coach for UT's 37-17 win against Kentucky in the 2012 season finale. Prior to his time in Knoxville, he coached the St. Louis Rams for three seasons after nine years as offensive coordinator at Purdue. Chaney also has held recruiting coordinator duties at three different schools.

Chaney oversaw the development of UT quarterback Tyler Bray, who was named the Vols' starter as a true freshman. After playing in 28 career games, Bray moved into the top five in many of the school's passing categories, ranking fourth in passing touchdowns, fourth in passing yards, fourth in pass attempts and fifth in completions.

In 2012, Bray passed for 3,619 yards and 34 touchdowns. His touchdowns were the seventh-most in a season in SEC history, and his passing yards ranked 11th in conference history. Bray also broke the Tennessee single-game record with 530 yards passing, a record previously held by Peyton Manning and the second-highest single-game total in SEC history.

Also during the 2012 season, wide receiver Justin Hunter ranked third in the SEC with 1,083 receiving yards and was fourth in the conference with an average of 6.1 receptions per game. His 73 catches ranked as the second-highest single-season total in UT history, and his receiving yards ranked third on the school's single-season list. As a team, Tennessee led the SEC and was fourth in the NCAA allowing an average of 0.67 sacks per game. The Vols also ranked 16th in the country in passing offense, 19th in total offense, 23rd in scoring offense and 33rd in passing efficiency.

In 2011, Tennessee scored at least 40 points in three of their first four games and ended the season third in the SEC in passing offense and fewest sacks allowed. Wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers led the SEC in receptions with 67 and was second in the conference with 1,040 receiving yards on his way to earning first-team All-SEC honors from the Associated Press.

The 2010 offense produced 71 plays of 20-or-more yards, 19 which went for touchdowns, despite fielding a new quarterback, new starting running back and an overhauled offensive line. Hunter set the Tennessee freshman record with seven receiving touchdowns and averaged a team-high 25.9 yards per catch as he earned a spot on the SEC All-Freshman Team. Bray broke Tennessee freshman records with 1,849 passing yards, 125 completions and 18 passing touchdowns and became the first UT quarterback to throw multiple touchdowns in six straight games since Manning. Running back Tauren Poole also excelled, rushing for 1,034 yards in his first season as the starter.

Before his time at Tennessee, Chaney spent three seasons with the St. Louis Rams. He coached the offensive line two seasons and worked with the tight ends in 2008. Chaney's offensive line blocked for running back Steven Jackson, who rushed for more than 1,000 yards all three seasons Chaney was in St. Louis.

Chaney made the move to professional football after nine years as Purdue's offensive coordinator. In his first four seasons, he also was the Boilermakers' recruiting coordinator and helped break a 13-year bowl drought in his first season. In his time there, Purdue led the Big Ten in passing offense five times and total offense three times. The Boilermakers were ranked in the top 10 in the NCAA in total offense six times, including in 2000 when they were fourth in the country.

While at Purdue, Chaney tutored quarterback Drew Brees, who was drafted in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers and was named Super Bowl XLIV MVP and the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year in 2008 and 2009. Brees led the NCAA in total offense in 2000, averaging 349.1 yards per game, and won the Maxwell Award. Chaney also helped direct Tim Stratton to the inaugural John Mackey Award, given to the nation's best tight end, in 2000. The 2000 team also won the Big Ten and advanced to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 33 years.

As recruiting coordinator, Chaney helped Purdue sign some of the country's top high school talent. The 1998 class ranked second in the Big Ten and 11th nationally, and each of his final five signing classes were in the top 30 in the nation.

Atlhogfan1

Recruiting is going as well as it ever has at Arkansas.

Staff is strong in experience and reputations as coaches and recruiters.

Discipline off the field seems to be under control. 

On the field the team is more competitive.  Too incomplete of a team and still too early in this rebuild for me to nitpick in game decisions.  Will begin to do that next season.  The staff is trying to put the players in a position to win against better teams and have done so this season. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DeltaBoy

Yes except losing games in the 4th quarter with a lead.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigstuff

Two years no conference wins.  These are the peers.  Total fail.  Even a bad team recruited with the same resources should win a game occasionally.  Thats ok there is always UAB.

hoglady

Voted yes because of the improvement on the defensive side of the ball.
We've still got a long ways to go with this offense - need to see some changes on that side of the ball (and I don't mean firing anybody).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MountieDawg

YES! Winning us over rated. How they have taught the punter to kick uc-catchable balls is miraculous!!!
SEC!

bigredone

HF#1

I approve of what he has done in recruiting and what he has done with the team off the field (no arrests). 

I need to see it pay off on the field.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: alohawg on November 02, 2014, 04:22:41 pm
So you think the 32 yd. line in college is out of fg range, really???

For most kickers in college.  Yes.  32 is almost a 50 yard field goal. Most kickers in college are missing it.  Heck our kicker missed one closer than that yesterday I believe.   

The punt was good.  It put the ball inside the 10 and resulted in them punting back to us.  If you have no faith in a kicker you aren't going to risk giving good field position to the other team.

Dirty

Tells you by the percentage that he is doing a good job.  Looks like the ones who said no are a larger voice on this board. 

NewRaiderFan

Dude you havent been watching the games. Were not in FG range in the Red zone.  Sometimes you got to do the best with what you got. That means if you have more faith in your defense, you punt. No problem with that decision at all.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: rzrbackrob on November 02, 2014, 04:22:13 pm
Voted yes, but not 100%

I see improvement from 2013:
1) more wins - taking care of the out of conference opponents easily
2) competitive in loses
3) more maturity from head coach (twitter and false bravado)
4) players are staying out of trouble with the law

Major Concerns
1) Still not one SEC win in almost two seasons
2) Poor team performance in the 4th quarter
3) BB still goes off script in public statements

Next year it a bowl or bust. 6-6 or better. Time for moral victories will be over. Another year without a SEC win, then Long and his man BB has to go.
He better win 8 to keep his job

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 02, 2014, 08:50:45 pm
He better win 8 to keep his job

Seriously doubt he's getting 8 next season.  Will at least make a bowl.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 02, 2014, 05:22:08 pm
Yes except losing games in the 4th quarter with a lead.
which we didn't do last night

PP

rlamb

Why keep him? He keeps losing games in the 4th like clockwork.
If anyone the likes of Phat Phil, Bobby Bowden, Ken Hatfield or any other
Coaches that were willing to take us over for 12' thru 14' WOULD NOT
have an 0-17 mark in conference games right now.

Any of the aforementioned would have won at least 2-3 of these games like
last night. As long as this type of stigma hangs around, the least likely we are to
break out of it. I still feel if BB goes 0-16 in conference, he should be fired the night
of the loss to Missouri.

RazorbacksFTW

Yes but I do not approve of the job Allen has done.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rlamb on November 02, 2014, 09:03:41 pm
Why keep him? He keeps losing games in the 4th like clockwork.
If anyone the likes of Phat Phil, Bobby Bowden, Ken Hatfield or any other
Coaches that were willing to take us over for 12' thru 14' WOULD NOT
have an 0-17 mark in conference games right now.

Any of the aforementioned would have won at least 2-3 of these games like
last night. As long as this type of stigma hangs around, the least likely we are to
break out of it. I still feel if BB goes 0-16 in conference, he should be fired the night
of the loss to Missouri.
guess you can go support A-State because that ain't gonna happen

PP