Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey

Started by hawgfan4life, November 01, 2014, 11:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaggerHog

Okay, I've lied again. I said I was through with this discussion and here I am back again. I really should stick with my guns and just leave it alone. I am too emotionally involved to be arguing these points but I am going to say this.

He received his first big D1 offer from Auburn who by the way is still holding a scholarship for him in case he changes his mind. He went to the camp at Alabama and had not even completed the 1st day when the Alabama people called Coach Kendrick (Charleston head coach) and offered. At that time Arkansas had not offered but did a few days after attending their camp. Whether the Auburn and Alabama offers affected that I do not know. I personally never thought Arkansas would offer. He's original plans were too complete his senior year before committing but he really wanted to go to Arkansas so he committed after the offer. Many others D1 schools have made contact (some Big 12 and others). If he has such a low ceiling (sts) it is confusing to me that so many schools are willing to waste a scholarship on him.

BrianWPS!!

I'll refrain from naming him "the real deal" until he atleast has a college football practice under his belt. Idk what charleston is but it doesn't sound like they play great competition. Hopefully he comes in and lights it up but I think the change of pace will be too much for his 1st year.

Shorttimer

Saban thinks Storey's the real deal. That means he probably is.

Big Nasty 34

Didn't BA get an offer from bama too?

The real Hogules

Brandon Allen couldn't carry Ty Storey's jock strap!
If Storey can come in and pick up/learn the playbook he "could" see PT his true freshman season.
I do realize that Allen played at a higher classification, but Storey delivers the football on time, make split second decisions and when he does decide to tuck the football and run he hits opposing defenders like a LB'er.
He's the REAL deal.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

gmarv

I,m no expert but sometimes you can just see the it factor,storey has it.
that said I fully expect ba to be our qb next year too,no b#$%hing and moaning and insulting is gonna change a thing.

The_Iceman

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/192863953

Check out his throw at the 1:40 mark rolling to his left. I saw video of him from another game where he throw it 50 yards rolling to his left easily and right on the money.

I respect Brandon Allen and think he gets way too much criticism for our struggles, but he isn't in the same league as Ty Storey.

Grizzlyfan

Ty Storey is a FANTASTIC prospect.  He will be the Hog starting QB SOMEDAY.

He will redshirt the 2015 season.  The QB job for the 2016 will be wide open and Ty will be in the running.

razorfrog

Um do you guys know how many Qb's Saban has whiffed on in the last 20 years?  Way more than he got right.   Brandon Allen is faster, stronger, better arm.  Like I said ask any coach or scout.  That wouldnt be that big of deal since Storey is only a senior in high school but he's so physically mature he isnt gonna get much faster and stronger. 

Couple things about that video Iceman.  First of all Storey looks dang good, really good!  He doesnt have big targets or great athletes to throw to.  Couple of concerns I have is he has all day to throw like Mustain did in H.S.  Secondly he is stronger and bigger than most defensive lineman he is playing against.  Its gonna be hard going from the strongest fastest player on the field to one of the weakest and slowest. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 10:30:43 am
Couple things about that video Iceman.  First of all Storey looks dang good, really good!  He doesnt have big targets or great athletes to throw to.  Couple of concerns I have is he has all day to throw like Mustain did in H.S.  Secondly he is stronger and bigger than most defensive lineman he is playing against.  Its gonna be hard going from the strongest fastest player on the field to one of the weakest and slowest. 

Concerning the Mustain comparison: Ty has no where near the weapons Mitch had. I think we've come to see the WR's he was throwing to greatly over-valued Mitch as a QB. He has D.Williams, Ben Cleveland, and Andrew Norman, along with a lower D-1 RB....going against 5A Defenses.

Storey is much physically stronger than Mitch, and I think his mechanics and arm strength are better as well.

razorfrog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 03, 2014, 10:39:57 am
Concerning the Mustain comparison: Ty has no where near the weapons Mitch had. I think we've come to see the WR's he was throwing to greatly over-valued Mitch as a QB. He has D.Williams, Ben Cleveland, and Andrew Norman, along with a lower D-1 RB....going against 5A Defenses.

Storey is much physically stronger than Mitch, and I think his mechanics and arm strength are better as well.
I totally agree.  Storey is bigger, faster, stronger than Mustain and more accurate.  Good point about his weapons.  I think Storey will be a fine QB, im just saying he isnt gonna beat out Allen next year

razorfrog

Ole Miss loses QB, Bama loses QB, Prescott will leave for NFL, LSU has no QB, Auburn loses QB, Georgia loses QB, ATM is awful, Miss St loses most of their entire team.  Hogs will win a lot of games next year no matter who the QB is.

RazorPiggie

I've watched Storey this year. He cannot throw the ball hard. Why you ask? because his receivers cannot catch it. The game I watched he had to lob almost every ball.

jjdlc

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 10:55:44 am
Ole Miss loses QB, Bama loses QB, Prescott will leave for NFL, LSU has no QB, Auburn loses QB, Georgia loses QB, ATM is awful, Miss St loses most of their entire team.  Hogs will win a lot of games next year no matter who the QB is.

Thats about the only thing you've said so far that I agree with.  The SEC west is going to look much different next year.  As far as Storey vs. BA, arm strength is hard to judge without lining them up side by side and having them heave it as far as possible.  That said, I've watched Storey live a number of times, and his arm strength is fine, not Mallett's cannon by any means, but plenty good to be a great QB.  Arm strength won't do a bit of good if a QB isn't accurate, and that is where Storey looks to be much better than BA. 

You do make a good point about him being bigger and stronger than a lot of the defensive competition he faces.  He is going to absolutely need a red shirt year in order to be ready.

pondwater jack

Quote from: ramseyhog on November 02, 2014, 04:10:49 pm
Big slow strong armed QB that has played against very few if any D1 players except in the many camps and elite competitions he took part in where he has shined like a diamond in a goats ash against many many elite divisoin one players (im sure you forgetting this was an honest mistake),looks to be the biggest player on the field in most games, has a HUGE jump to make.He may be better than BA and the others but we need a qb that is as good or better than the teams we play.
while we're at it has anyone pointed out that he hasn't played agin an SEC defense yet....because im not sure we all caught that the first 15457 times its been said.  So somebody please add that part agin. 
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

pondwater jack

Quote from: jjdlc on November 03, 2014, 11:12:43 am
Thats about the only thing you've said so far that I agree with.  The SEC west is going to look much different next year.  As far as Storey vs. BA, arm strength is hard to judge without lining them up side by side and having them heave it as far as possible.  That said, I've watched Storey live a number of times, and his arm strength is fine, not Mallett's cannon by any means, but plenty good to be a great QB.  Arm strength won't do a bit of good if a QB isn't accurate, and that is where Storey looks to be much better than BA. 

You do make a good point about him being bigger and stronger than a lot of the defensive competition he faces.  He is going to absolutely need a red shirt year in order to be ready.
Storey? My source says that he can chunk a ball 70 yards. A frozen rope. 
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 10:55:44 am

Auburn loses Marshall, but gains Jeremy Johnson....who I think will be better for them.

The_Iceman

Watch the throw at the 1:20 mark. Rolling left, falling away, from the other 43 yard line.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/171672151

razorfrog

Quote from: jjdlc on November 03, 2014, 11:12:43 am

Ive seen them throwing side by side at camp this summer

razorfrog

Quote from: pondwater jack on November 03, 2014, 11:17:53 am
Storey? My source says that he can chunk a ball 70 yards. A frozen rope.
Your sources lie

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 12:12:39 pm
Your sources lie
Quote from: The_Iceman on November 03, 2014, 11:29:59 am
Watch the throw at the 1:20 mark. Rolling left, falling away, from the other 43 yard line.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/171672151

Well, there is 57 yards right there. Imagine if he was square and able to drive it all the way downfield. 70 yards isn't out of the question.

pondwater jack

Amityvillehogger

Watching Brandon Allen makes me realize that Mallett and Wilson spoiled us.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jjdlc

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 12:10:05 pm
Ive seen them throwing side by side at camp this summer

And they were lined up heaving it as far as they could?

pondwater jack

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 03, 2014, 12:16:16 pm
Well, there is 57 yards right there. Imagine if he was square and able to drive it all the way downfield. 70 yards isn't out of the question.
think he said it was the homecoming game a couple weeks ago. Right at half.  It got picked because it was into 2:1 coverage and last play of half.  They knew it was coming so they camped and waited.  He threw from about the 30 yard line to the endzone.  By my math that 70 yards. 

Rooka

It's simple really, you can compare this and that, but until he gets on campus and puts in the work in the weight room and field you just never know. He has everything it takes that's for sure, but sometimes players that are highly rated all too often fail and players that weren't recruited heavily shine. Their are too many variables for anyone to be right or wrong.

PorkRyan

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 02, 2014, 09:06:00 pm
this is total B.S  no one is a full grown man by 8th grade . And if your right , then we missed out on Ross Trail. however the experts from other camps say storey has a great arm and can already make all the throws which BA can't . He constantly under throws the deep balls and never gets enough air under them .

I've heard all of the baseball stories about Ty.  He was a full grown man at 13.

razorfrog

Quote from: PorkRyan on November 03, 2014, 02:55:39 pm
I've heard all of the baseball stories about Ty.  He was a full grown man at 13.
LOL yes he was. 

razorfrog

I was debating the 70 yards on a rope not that he could throw it far.  His film is very impressive.  Like I said biggest concern I have is he is so much taller than the offensive and defensive lineman.  He is gonna go from being 3 to 4 inches taller than most the lineman to 4 to 8 inches shorter

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 03:48:06 pm
I was debating the 70 yards on a rope not that he could throw it far.  His film is very impressive.  Like I said biggest concern I have is he is so much taller than the offensive and defensive lineman.  He is gonna go from being 3 to 4 inches taller than most the lineman to 4 to 8 inches shorter

Good thing he is getting here in the Spring. That will give him Spring ball, fall practice, a full redshirt year, spring ball, and then fall practice before he would be asked to start....at the earliest.

ballinhog

I'm not gonna say anybody is right or wrong or what they know or don't know but the "Allen has a better arm than Storey" deal was just squashed. I seen the video and I personally can't picture Allen throwing the ball 57 yards rolling to his left fading back. Storey has a gun. I do think he redshirts next year, and he should.

I just hope Peavey comes out in the spring and lights it up and somehow wins the job. If Peavey can beat out Allen then it'll mean he's really good and really beat him out by a wide margin most likely. CBB doesn't seem too quick on pulling the trigger for a change at QB

Been10Hog

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on November 02, 2014, 03:11:17 pm
Ignorance isn't bliss. It's just ignorance.

Storey is the future of this program at Quarterback.
I hope so! Still, he will not plat a down in 2015!

razorfrog

Ballinhog you might be right.  That 57 yard throw going to his left was one of the most impressive throws ive seen.  Several NFL QB's couldnt make that throw.  I think Allen's main problem is his footwork during the game.  Has a cannon while throwing with no lineman involved.

lumphog

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 06:32:07 pm
Ballinhog you might be right.  That 57 yard throw going to his left was one of the most impressive throws ive seen.  Several NFL QB's couldnt make that throw.  I think Allen's main problem is his footwork during the game.  Has a cannon while throwing with no lineman involved.
^^^THIS^^^ is BAs problem......bless his heart. I'm pullin for BA to get his mind right. He's been through some (stuff) here. He dose sail em from time to time.

razorfrog

Yea looks really good against weaker teams because he has more confidence in his offensive lines protection

ballinhog

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 06:32:07 pm

Allen can sling it when he's set. He threw one the other night, can't remember who it was for but it was a bullet. BA has all the physical tools to be as good as it gets. His physical tools are why I was so excited about him coming out because of his highlight video, but he honestly hasn't been as good as I hoped he would be. I'm not saying he's not any good but I really thought he would be big time, to his defense, the protection hasn't helped at all.

I just wonder if BA is confident, does he believe he's an SEC Qb? My biggest worry is just his confidence, especially late in games. It's taken a toll on our whole team, the losses I mean. It's almost like they dread the 4th quarter now because of what's happened this season. One weakness physically I will flat out say BA has is the deep ball, he just never ever hits those deep passes unless the receiver is wide open. Hopefully he improves that the rest of this season and going into next.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Who cares if he has an offer at Bama?  It has been a long time since Bama has had a good QB. Sorry, just tired of the Bama offer crap when it was obvious that BA was better than there qb.  Bama also got the #1 qb last year and he is no way near beating anyone they have so what makes everyone think Storey is gonna come in here and take the job from BA. Sec isn't a drop back and pass league. You better have mobility or you won't cut it bc the defense ends are so quick

Pork Twain

Funny how quickly you all forget RP.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hooter

Let me say this....a few years ago I saw Brandon Allen play in the playoffs and he was the best high school QB that I had ever seen.  He made his throws on time and where only his guys could catch it most of the time.  But saying that, it was in high school where he was better than most of the guys he was competing against.  It is far different than competing in the SEC.,  Ty Storey may be great and everyone hopes that he is, but jumping from AAA Arkansas High School to the SEC is not something that you can expect nor hope for.  If he, as a freshman is the best that we have to put on the field then we are in trouble again.  I think that Brandon Allen panics when the pressure is on him and loses his poise.  Whether or not that will change is unknown by any of us.

HogCard

Guys I grew up in a town that played Charleston every year and still do, and so I realize the talent he has on his team as well as the talent he is playing against.  It just does not compare to larger schools.

With that said, he has shined in various camps and has an elite offer list.  I hope this young man is the next Joe Ferguson and am excited that he wants to be a Hog, but I just can't allow myself to get too worked up until he is on the hill and proves it. I can still remember a certain young man from another small school a few years back (Clarksville) that was supposed to be the second coming, and well, if you are old enough, you know how that panned out.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 04, 2014, 07:40:00 am

My belief is Rafe Peavey will push Austin Allen out of the #2 spot next year and be the bigger challenger to Brandon Allen. What people forget is not only does Rafe have a pretty good arm, but he is fantastic running the ball.

With the green jersey on, we haven't really been able to see him use this strength. I think in our offense, having a QB that on 3rd down can scramble for a 1st down would be huge. Brandon can run, but not like Peavey can.

Shorttimer

I don't have a dog in the hunt.  I only want the best QB to play. Period.

That said, this argument about Arkansas 3A football not preparing players for the SEC is stupid.  No level of high school football anywhere prepares any player for the SEC.  All you can do is look at a player's skillset and project how that will translate to the SEC.  That is just as true for KJ Hill as it is for Storey.

I've seen Storey up close and know he has every throw in the book.  And while he currently plays against 3A defenses, he also has 3A receivers.  I'm pretty sure that letting him throw to KJ Hill and JoJo Robinson once he gets on campus will likely even the playing field.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 04, 2014, 07:40:00 am

And AA, and after Ty doesn't start his freshman year, they'll forget about him too.

PorkRinds

The real QB competition will be in 16 after BA is gone, and will likely be between AA, RP, and TS.  That'll be a fun one to watch play out.

razorfrog

Quote from: HogCard on November 04, 2014, 09:12:03 am
Guys I grew up in a town that played Charleston every year and still do, and so I realize the talent he has on his team as well as the talent he is playing against.  It just does not compare to larger schools.

With that said, he has shined in various camps and has an elite offer list.  I hope this young man is the next Joe Ferguson and am excited that he wants to be a Hog, but I just can't allow myself to get too worked up until he is on the hill and proves it. I can still remember a certain young man from another small school a few years back (Clarksville) that was supposed to be the second coming, and well, if you are old enough, you know how that panned out.
Dont even compare the two.  Ty is not a mental midget like that kid

razorfrog

Quote from: Shorttimer on November 04, 2014, 09:50:04 am
I don't have a dog in the hunt.  I only want the best QB to play. Period.

That said, this argument about Arkansas 3A football not preparing players for the SEC is stupid.  No level of high school football anywhere prepares any player for the SEC.  All you can do is look at a player's skillset and project how that will translate to the SEC.  That is just as true for KJ Hill as it is for Storey.

I've seen Storey up close and know he has every throw in the book.  And while he currently plays against 3A defenses, he also has 3A receivers.  I'm pretty sure that letting him throw to KJ Hill and JoJo Robinson once he gets on campus will likely even the playing field.
JoJo Robinson?  He can't even beat out Morgan and Hollistar

razorfrog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 04, 2014, 10:36:04 am
The real QB competition will be in 16 after BA is gone, and will likely be between AA, RP, and TS.  That'll be a fun one to watch play out.
Pork Rinds have you watched Austin Allen much?  He can't play in the SEC

greenie

Quote from: razorfrog on November 04, 2014, 11:30:08 am
JoJo Robinson?  He can't even beat out Morgan and Hollistar

JoJo redshirted this year.  I think you might need directions to the free clinic.

ricepig

Quote from: greenie on November 04, 2014, 11:39:20 am
JoJo redshirted this year.  I think you might need directions to the free clinic.
Hey, I was just glad he decided to give Ty a break in his "critiques", I thought 23 posts on one kid was enough.

PorkRinds

Quote from: razorfrog on November 04, 2014, 11:31:04 am
Pork Rinds have you watched Austin Allen much?  He can't play in the SEC

4* with offers from Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Vandy?  I'll take your word over all of those teams any day.