Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey

Started by hawgfan4life, November 01, 2014, 11:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassofSwine

Quote from: razorfrog on November 03, 2014, 03:48:06 pm
I was debating the 70 yards on a rope not that he could throw it far.  His film is very impressive.  Like I said biggest concern I have is he is so much taller than the offensive and defensive lineman.  He is gonna go from being 3 to 4 inches taller than most the lineman to 4 to 8 inches shorter

He is 6' 3'' how many lineman are 6'7'' to 6'11?

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorfrog on November 04, 2014, 11:30:08 am
JoJo Robinson?  He can't even beat out Morgan and Hollistar

Arrived late in the fall, had early injury problems, and was behind in the playbook. So the staff decided to redshirt him because it is best for his future and the teams future.

You might want to stop posting before you embarrass yourself further.

Pork Twain

Don't let facts get in your way, many on here don't
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogCard

Quote from: razorfrog on November 04, 2014, 11:29:01 am
Dont even compare the two.  Ty is not a mental midget like that kid

I wasn't and surely wasn't comparing the 2 as young men.  Just comparing the perceived athletic ability of the two as seniors in high school yet both playing for small schools against poor competition.  I hope Ty turns out to be the real deal....

TeedupHigh

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 06:49:47 pm
Now this guy right here knows what he is talking about.  Been saying it all year its all footwork for Allen, he has great arm

If footwork is and has been the problem and it's not fixed by now, it will never be fixed!

t-money

I watched Ty for the first time live last Friday night against Booneville, which is Charleston's rival. It was a huge game in Charleston, these two teams are both at the top of their conference. Ty completely tore them up. One of the best QB's I've seen be able to roll to his left and throw like that. That tells me he has a very strong arm. The other thing is, he doesn't lose any accuracy on the run either. I'm not saying he's the next Peyton Manning, and I'm not saying he's starting next year, but i was very impressed...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1371004/highlights/195959619
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

The_Iceman

Quote from: t-money on November 04, 2014, 01:45:25 pm
I watched Ty for the first time live last Friday night against Booneville, which is Charleston's rival. It was a huge game in Charleston, these two teams are both at the top of their conference. Ty completely tore them up. One of the best QB's I've seen be able to roll to his left and throw like that. That tells me he has a very strong arm. The other thing is, he doesn't lose any accuracy on the run either. I'm not saying he's the next Peyton Manning, and I'm not saying he's starting next year, but i was very impressed...

His ability to throw on the run, particularly rolling left, is going to be a big asset to our play action passing game.

greenie

Quote from: t-money on November 04, 2014, 01:45:25 pm

Exactly the right way to describe him.  No one knows how good he'll be at QB in college.  All you can do is look at the indicators, and he's got 'em in spades.  You do all you can to reduce your risk in recruiting, but its still a gamble...especially at QB.

razorfrog

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 04, 2014, 11:59:23 am
He's 6-2 and Skipper is 6-10, Wallace 6-6, Colton Jackson 6-6, Ragnow, 6-6.  I played QB and I would hate having a center 6-6

WarPig88

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 02, 2014, 09:08:06 pm
YOU SAY YOUR A COACH , WHERE AND AT WHAT LEVEL ? YOUR EVALUATION DOESN'T MATCH THOSE FROM OTHER CAMPS HE HAS BEEN TO. THE RAVE ABOUT HIM.

Look. Why can't we just let time tell the tale.

In this thread there is a guy from Charleston acting like Storey is the best qb to come to the U of A in a long time. Think he might be a little biased?

There is another who says he isn't up to his billing. Who really knows?

Right now, Miami's backup qb was more highly touted than Storey and is now playing for his 3rd school, none of which he has been good at.

Just let it play out for now, please and be excited that we have a 4 star qb in the fold in this class.

Pork Twain

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 02, 2014, 09:08:06 pm
YOU SAY YOUR A COACH , WHERE AND AT WHAT LEVEL ? YOUR EVALUATION DOESN'T MATCH THOSE FROM OTHER CAMPS HE HAS BEEN TO. THE RAVE ABOUT HIM.
You cannot use "your" to mean to different things when calling out another poster.  You just can't
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

carolinahogger

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 04, 2014, 11:59:23 am

And a QB stands upright while linemen bend to keep their center of gravity low.

EastMemphisHog

You obviously don't know very much.

ArkRazr

RD tweet: Hog QB commit Ty Storey is third all time in the state in career passing yardage with 11,738 and TD passes with 139.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 06, 2014, 07:05:04 am
You cannot use "your" to mean to different things when calling out another poster.  You just can't

Two, too, or to?