Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey

Started by hawgfan4life, November 01, 2014, 11:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

I got to watch Storey.  Excellent prospect.  Great arm, mobility, and toughness.  Reminds me a lot of Brad Taylor minus the option.  Charleston has a bunch of short scrawny WR that are tough and go get the ball.  If he can get a bunch of 6 ft plus WR that will go get the ball, he will be a stud in college.  In fairness to BA and Peavey, if AR had those type WR now they would likely be studs too.

redeye

Thanks for the report, but I thought Charleston's receivers weren't very good this year?

3kgthog

Quote from: redeye on November 02, 2014, 01:56:09 am
Thanks for the report, but I thought Charleston's receivers weren't very good this year?

Do they have to be good when their competition is just as bad?

The real Hogules

Quote from: hawgfan4life on November 01, 2014, 11:53:24 pm
I got to watch Storey.  Excellent prospect.  Great arm, mobility, and toughness.  Reminds me a lot of Brad Taylor minus the option.  Charleston has a bunch of short scrawny WR that are tough and go get the ball.  If he can get a bunch of 6 ft plus WR that will go get the ball, he will be a stud in college.  In fairness to BA and Peavey, if AR had those type WR now they would likely be studs too.
This was a thread about Ty, so why bash our current receivers, who caught almost every pass that Allen was able to get close to them?
At some point Allen needs to be labeled a success or failure, based on the type of throws "HE" makes.
The reason Storey and Peavy will get a shot to play next season isn't because we are lacking competent WRs, it's because BA can't fit a football into a tight hole, or to a wide open receiver for that matter.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

SquidBilly

Storey needs to come here in January ready to take the QB job.  He will need to have the mindset that he has to show himself to be the superior QB option on campus to even have a chance to win the job.  BA has the loyalty of this staff so being marginally better isn't going to be good enough.

Horthawg

CBB will not bench Allen. Which is too bad because he may very well ride his coat tails all the way to the unemployment line.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Horthawg on November 02, 2014, 07:06:45 am
CBB will not bench Allen. Which is too bad because he may very well ride his coat tails all the way to the unemployment line.

How do you know this?

hawgfan4life

Storey is a great prospect.  That doesn't mean he will execute at AR at a high level.  I like his toughness as much as his ability.  Allen is just fine and no way does Storey come in and unseat him as starter prior to next season if BA is healthy.  Probably not likely he unseats Peavey as backup if he is healthy.  The best thing that can happen is he red shirts.  If I was Storey, I would graduate in May and enjoy the heck out of basketball, baseball, and my sr year.  Why any kid would want to leave school early so thousands of morons can criticize everything you do is amazing.

WorfHog

You leave early so you can get into a SEC strenght and conditioning program and work with the coaches in Spring practice...

ricepig

Is he a legit 6'3", not a 6' listed as that?

SemperFi

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 02, 2014, 05:25:45 am
Do they have to be good when their competition is just as bad?

What difference does it make when the best player on the field is Ty Storey.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ricepig on November 02, 2014, 09:58:56 am

He's legit 6'3" and thick.

BaggerHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 02, 2014, 09:58:56 am

Storey is a legit 6'3" 215 to 220 lbs.

I've watched this kid since he was in the 4th grade playing QB for the 6th grade team. He started for the jr. high team when he was in the 7th. I know that means nothing but it is an indicator of just how good and talented he is.

I think everyone is going to be surprised just how quickly he picks up the playbook and adapts to the difference there is between playing for a 3A high school team and playing D1 ball. The kid is extremely intelligent and has the football mind of a coach even at this early age.

BTW, his receivers on this year's team are small, slow, and drop a lot of balls. I would not be surprised if at least half of his incompletions have been just flat out drops.   

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on November 02, 2014, 01:09:05 pm
It doesn't matter how good a QB is. As the poster said, Bielema will only play BA. I suspect AA is the heir apparent because he will have "more experience" than anyone else.

Oh great. The Ol' "Beliema is playing the lesser Qb to make an admin assistant happy" argument!!! Lol, damn his job, he would rather be bestirs with Bobby Allen. Makes a lot of cents.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Big Nasty 34

I hope to goodness Ty redshirts next year. It is going to be a huge adjustment for him. If he plays next year, he may be able to make a couple throws that BA can't, but I think he'll also force a ton of balls that will be picked to cost us.

Darren DeLoach

It doesn't matter how good a QB is. As the poster said, Bielema will only play BA. I suspect AA is the heir apparent because he will have "more experience" than anyone else.

Ignorance isn't bliss. It's just ignorance.

Storey is the future of this program at Quarterback. 
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

hawgfan4life

You go through high school once.  He won't be better than Allen or Peavey next August even if he goes through spring.  Leaving high school early is bad idea unless home life and high school situation is trash.  Definitely not case with Storey and Charleston.

Make no doubt, Storey is legit SEC QB from what he displays right now on Friday nights.  He is in no way demonstrating he will be significantly better than BA right now all things equal and he has tons to prove that he can manage a college offense better than BA or Peavey who should be way ahead of Storey right now.

You people banking on Storey to come in and lead us better than BA does right now are setting a FR too high and yourself up for disappointment.  You're idiots!

ramseyhog

Big slow strong armed QB that has played against very few if any D1 players,looks to be the biggest player on the field in most games, has a HUGE jump to make.He may be better than BA and the others but we need a qb that is as good or better than the teams we play.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. -Marcel Pagnol

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ramseyhog on November 02, 2014, 04:10:49 pm
Big slow strong armed QB that has played against very few if any D1 players,looks to be the biggest player on the field in most games, has a HUGE jump to make.He may be better than BA and the others but we need a qb that is as good or better than the teams we play.

He may very well be the best QB we have next year. There's a reason top 10 teams have offered him. Yes he'll have to adjust but he has all the tools and drive too.

RazorPiggie

Side note, who won the game Friday night?

ramseyhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 02, 2014, 04:36:21 pm
He may very well be the best QB we have next year. There's a reason top 10 teams have offered him. Yes he'll have to adjust but he has all the tools and drive too.

You are correct thats the great thing about sports we all have an opinion but the field does not lie.I hope he is the best he can be.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. -Marcel Pagnol

SemperFi

Stupid post of the year candidate.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

BaggerHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 02, 2014, 04:36:41 pm
Side note, who won the game Friday night?

Charleston 47
Booneville 20

Storey was 23 of 28 for 403 yards 5 Td's passing and 2 Td's rushing.

razorfrog

Im a coach who have seen both play live and a lot in camps.  I'm sorry to tell you Hog fans but Brandon is taller, faster, and has a better arm.  There is nobody on campus right now that is better than Brandon Allen, not really close.  I think Ty is tougher and will be stronger eventually but will never have the arm of Brandon.  Hopefully he will have more savvy.  I saw Ty play in junior high some and more in h.s.  He was the same size in 8th grade as he is now and that concerns me.  He's not 6-3, ask his dad.  He's a solid 6-2

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 05:26:50 pm
I think Ty is tougher and will be stronger eventually but will never have the arm of Brandon. 

That is scary because Brandon Allen has a wet noodle that is far from accurate and zero touch or zip on deep balls.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BaggerHog

Im a coach who have seen both play live and a lot in camps.  I'm sorry to tell you Hog fans but Brandon is taller, faster, and has a better arm.  There is nobody on campus right now that is better than Brandon Allen, not really close.  I think Ty is tougher and will be stronger eventually but will never have the arm of Brandon.  Hopefully he will have more savvy.  I saw Ty play in junior high some and more in h.s.  He was the same size in 8th grade as he is now and that concerns me.  He's not 6-3, ask his dad.  He's a solid 6-2

You are out of your mind!!!     

SemperFi

Watching his highlight video again and he's throwing 30 yd darts and exhibits exceptional touch. Also, looks every bit the height and weight he's been advertised to be. It's easy to come on a message board and claim to be a coach or have expertise that you may or may not possess.

razorfrog

Quote from: SemperFi on November 02, 2014, 05:57:24 pm
Watching his highlight video again and he's throwing 30 yd darts and exhibits exceptional touch. Also, looks every bit the height and weight he's been advertised to be. It's easy to come on a message board and claim to be a coach or have expertise that you may or may not possess.
I was there when he measured in at Razorback camp.  6ft2 208pds.  Not that it matters that is plenty tall enough.  I just dont want you to expect someone taller, faster, with a stronger arm than Brandon Allen because you will be dissapointed.  Of course Phillip Rivers and Peyton Manning are the two slowest qbs with the worst arms in the NFL

razorfrog

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 02, 2014, 05:42:45 pm
You are out of your mind!!!   
what part am I out of my mind about?

BaggerHog

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 06:01:52 pm
what part am I out of my mind about?

He is 6'3" 218 lbs. I will give you Allen is faster but as far as arm strength and accuracy it's not even close.

Say what you want I'm through and will not argue with you.   

hawgbawb

If Storey is as good as some of you guys say, maybe he can win the job after redshirting the first year.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

razorfrog

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 02, 2014, 06:13:36 pm
He is 6'3" 218 lbs. I will give you Allen is faster but as far as arm strength and accuracy it's not even close.

Say what you want I'm through and will not argue with you.   
I said nothing at all about accuracy.  Ask any recruiting expert or coach and they will tell you Allen has way better arm.  Trust me he will redshirt

razorfrog

Im not doubting he is 218 pounds might have put on some weight since this summer when I saw him at camp.  I know for a fact he hasnt grown an inch though because he has had a full beard since 8th grade

BaggerHog

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 06:23:20 pm
I said nothing at all about accuracy.  Ask any recruiting expert or coach and they will tell you Allen has way better arm.  Trust me he will redshirt

Absolutely he will redshirt. That is the proper and wise thing for him to do. I want and hope he does. I never said he would not redshirt.

Now I really am through talking about this...

razorfrog

I agree. Every QB needs to redshirt but people think he is gonna come in and start over a 5th year senior, not gonna happen

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Let's not forget one thing: coaches cannot measure, time or weigh players in the recruiting process with ONE major exception: Camps. Players enrolled in summer camps can be all of those things.

Ty Storey has been in our camps, thus the coaches know exactly how tall he is, what his 40 time is, etc. He looks to be 6'2-3. While he may not be fast, he moves very well and has a nose for the goal line.

The most impressive thing to me is how well he throws going to his left. He still puts a lot on the ball. He is the future QB IMO, but the future will not be 2015.

He is not playing against SEC caliber DBs. It will be a major adjustment when he does. His arm appears to be stronger than BA's maybe, but Allen's arm is far from a "wet noodle". That is absurd!

BA's problem is NOT lack of arm strength people! When he has problems it is due to FOOTWORK/TECHNIQUE. Some of that may be the rush getting in his head at times, but when passes sail or are overthrown it is due to footwork usually.

He does not anticipate throws or get the ball out quickly enough at times. Having said that, BA is BY FAR the best QB on the UA roster for better or worse.

And no freshman is going to learn the offense well enough to beat him out next season. It blows my mind that people act like all we do is run up the middle twice and throw on 3rd down, "so simple a caveman could do it". That is the biggest MYTH!

This offense does a lot of the same things with the TE that NE did with Gronk and Hernandez before Hernandez' legal problems. There are so many formations, motions, etc.

Dan Mullen said we are mistakenly compared to LSU because of the power running when we do WAY more offensively than LSU, especially with the TEs.

This offense is NOT simple to learn. I'd pay to see some of the lunkheads on here who try to pass themselves off as experts try to learn it in a short time!
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Dominicanhog

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 06:31:14 pm
I agree. Every QB needs to redshirt but people think he is gonna come in and start over a 5th year senior, not gonna happen

I agree... just hope Rafe really is the 2nd coming and splits time by seasons end.

razorfrog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 02, 2014, 06:41:19 pm
I agree... just hope Rafe really is the 2nd coming and splits time by seasons end.
No you dont.  Trust me

razorfrog

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on November 02, 2014, 06:38:55 pm
Let's not forget one thing: coaches cannot measure, time or weigh players in the recruiting process with ONE major exception: Camps. Players enrolled in summer camps can be all of those things.

Ty Storey has been in our camps, thus the coaches know exactly how tall he is, what his 40 time is, etc. He looks to be 6'2-3. While he may not be fast, he moves very well and has a nose for the goal line.

The most impressive thing to me is how well he throws going to his left. He still puts a lot on the ball. He is the future QB IMO, but the future will not be 2015.

He is not playing against SEC caliber DBs. It will be a major adjustment when he does. His arm appears to be stronger than BA's maybe, but Allen's arm is far from a "wet noodle". That is absurd!

BA's problem is NOT lack of arm strength people! When he has problems it is due to FOOTWORK/TECHNIQUE. Some of that may be the rush getting in his head at times, but when passes sail or are overthrown it is due to footwork usually.

He does not anticipate throws or get the ball out quickly enough at times. Having said that, BA is BY FAR the best QB on the UA roster for better or worse.

And no freshman is going to learn the offense well enough to beat him out next season. It blows my mind that people act like all we do is run up the middle twice and throw on 3rd down, "so simple a caveman could do it". That is the biggest MYTH!

This offense does a lot of the same things with the TE that NE did with Gronk and Hernandez before Hernandez' legal problems. There are so many formations, motions, etc.

Dan Mullen said we are mistakenly compared to LSU because of the power running when we do WAY more offensively than LSU, especially with the TEs.

This offense is NOT simple to learn. I'd pay to see some of the lunkheads on here who try to pass themselves off as experts try to learn it in a short time!
Now this guy right here knows what he is talking about.  Been saying it all year its all footwork for Allen, he has great arm

SemperFi

It's obvious to those of us that actually pay attention to more than just watching where the ball is like a bunch of PeeWee football players what the issues are with Brandon Allen. When his mechanics are bad he misses bad. I'll also add that Brandon Allen does not read defenses well. He fails to recognize blitzes, man and zone coverages and is unable to get us out of a bad play via the audible.

As far as the comparison between Brandon Allen and Ty Storey you'll not have any argument from me regarding BA's arm strength over Storey's. BA has been in a major college program for three years and has the advantage over a kid still in HS. What I believe is that Storey appears to have a much higher ceiling and by year three he will have a rocket for an arm given that he'll have the benefits of a real, full time Strength and Conditioning Coach.

mbgrulz

No way BA doesn't start next year. BA is a decent QB and will be our best option next season. Thats easy to see.

What is also easy to see is that Allen leaves a lot to be desired. He is 0'fer the SEC after nearly 2 years as the full time starter.

It seems like people are either saying he is great and its crazy to question him, or that he should be yanked and sent packing.

Hopefully one of the younger QB's will have that "it" factor that BA doesn't have.

razorfrog

Quote from: SemperFi on November 02, 2014, 07:27:07 pm
It's obvious to those of us that actually pay attention to more than just watching where the ball is like a bunch of PeeWee football players what the issues are with Brandon Allen. When his mechanics are bad he misses bad. I'll also add that Brandon Allen does not read defenses well. He fails to recognize blitzes, man and zone coverages and is unable to get us out of a bad play via the audible.

As far as the comparison between Brandon Allen and Ty Storey you'll not have any argument from me regarding BA's arm strength over Storey's. BA has been in a major college program for three years and has the advantage over a kid still in HS. What I believe is that Storey appears to have a much higher ceiling and by year three he will have a rocket for an arm given that he'll have the benefits of a real, full time Strength and Conditioning Coach.
I agree with most of that but I just dont think Storey has the high of ceiling.  He was a full grown man by 8th grade, looks 25 right now

FSHog67

"Storey needs to come here in January ready to take the QB job.  He will need to have the mindset that he has to show himself to be the superior QB option on campus to even have a chance to win the job.  BA has the loyalty of this staff so being marginally better isn't going to be good enough.""

Sad but true.

tophawg19

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 08:41:43 pm
I agree with most of that but I just dont think Storey has the high of ceiling.  He was a full grown man by 8th grade, looks 25 right now
this is total B.S  no one is a full grown man by 8th grade . And if your right , then we missed out on Ross Trail. however the experts from other camps say storey has a great arm and can already make all the throws which BA can't . He constantly under throws the deep balls and never gets enough air under them .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

Quote from: razorfrog on November 02, 2014, 08:41:43 pm
YOU SAY YOUR A COACH , WHERE AND AT WHAT LEVEL ? YOUR EVALUATION DOESN'T MATCH THOSE FROM OTHER CAMPS HE HAS BEEN TO. THE RAVE ABOUT HIM.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

razorfrog

Ok let me give you a lesson here.  First of all there are plenty of full grown men in the 8th grade.  I've coached at the junior high and senior high level.  Seen studs in 7th grade with beards turn into duds in high school.  Its very common actually.  There is a reason he hasnt grown since 8th grade, he was full grown!  Get a clue man.

http://growingupboys.info/Calculators/TannerStage.htm

Read up

razorfrog

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 02, 2014, 09:06:00 pm
this is total B.S  no one is a full grown man by 8th grade . And if your right , then we missed out on Ross Trail. however the experts from other camps say storey has a great arm and can already make all the throws which BA can't . He constantly under throws the deep balls and never gets enough air under them .
This is not true at all.  Any coach will tell you BA has a better arm.  Any recruiter.  Just message Trey Biddy, Danny West, Richard Davenport, any of those guys.  If that doesnt suit you ask any of the highly respected high school coaches in the state.  Im not saying Storey wont be better than Allen.  I'm saying his arm isnt as good and his ceiling isnt high

The_Iceman

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 02, 2014, 09:08:06 pm
YOU SAY YOUR A COACH , WHERE AND AT WHAT LEVEL ? YOUR EVALUATION DOESN'T MATCH THOSE FROM OTHER CAMPS HE HAS BEEN TO. THE RAVE ABOUT HIM.

12 posts, comes on here claiming he is a coach, and degrading Ty Storey.

I don't buy it for a second.

ArmyHog

Guys, I haven't posted on here in a long time but I need to tell you that Storey is the real deal. If you don't believe it, come and watch him play. He just dominated a team that beat mighty Warren last year. At a bigger school he would be a 5 star recruit. Ask Booneville or Lamar.

10thPlanet

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 02, 2014, 10:07:15 pm
12 posts, comes on here claiming he is a coach, and degrading Ty Storey.

I don't buy it for a second.
I don't know if he's a coach or not, but I can tell you if he's stupid enough to tell people where, he's either drunk or about to make a bunch of coaches pissed at him.
Ty may not grow anymore. Ty is already a man. Ty is in a good system, with good coaches. Ty needs to be redshirted. I am glad Ty is a Razorback.
I may or may not be a coach. I would never tell on a public forum where or to anyone I didn't know. I have talked to many(10-15) 7A coaches and all have said Ty is the real deal. Does that mean he's a lock for SEC honors? No, he still has to be developed on the next level.  Arkansas HS/JR high coaches are hog fans too and talk about recruiting all the time, especially while watching film. Stuff like," who's offered this kid?"