Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hate to start this, but…..

Started by 3of5-2, October 30, 2014, 07:50:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: 3of5-2 on October 30, 2014, 10:07:51 pm
Typical CBP game, but I find it amazing that nobody ever answered my main question. Do we need to match that? And I will add another one, can we not blow it like they did?
Well they were at home and were on the road.   To answer your question one had nothing to do with the other.  We play in the SEC.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

tophawg19

no . it has no effect on our game . All we need to do is win by one . nothing else matters past that. we aren't playing FSU so you can't compare games . CBP is gone and has no effect on our team anymore
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bigredone

The one time in his career that he has a competent defense and this is all he has to show for it. Just two real games on his schedule and he loses them both....

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: bigbadhog on October 30, 2014, 08:46:07 pm
It was very relevant but I won't waste my time explaining it to you.  Enjoy our integrity and the endless, winless sec streak we are on.  Integrity and losses don't have to go hand in hand but the decisions Jeff has made have left us hopeless.  Funny you start name calling when you don't agree with someone.  It makes you appear very weak...

No, what is weak is your understanding of Arkansas Razorback football and the mess your coach left it in.

Petrino has a 4 year window in which he can operate. He has proven at every stop that he does not have the wherewithal to run a program any farther.

He wisely jumps ships when his anemic attempts at recruiting are to bare fruit. He can not recruit because he lacks personality and character. His despotic nature has led to an inability to put together a decent staff. No one, NO ONE, of any credibility will work for the man. All of these flaws work against the lifeblood of football, recruiting. He can not maintain relationships, and he personally poisoned the bases in Arkansas and Texas. He had lost Florida years earlier. Our roster was so unbalanced, it was nearly impossible to field a decent team the years after he left. (see his mess he left in Louisville. It took a great recruiter and a good man to right that ship.) He was quickly turning his hopes to the JUCO ranks. If he would have remained here, we would be stuffing our rosters with skill players from the JUCO's and the lines with the left over homegrown kids. The one's Auburn and the like didn't really want.

Go away Louisville fan....and take your coach with you.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on October 31, 2014, 02:06:30 am
He wisely jumps ships when his anemic attempts at recruiting are to bare fruit.

You mean like peeling a banana?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

10thPlanet

I want FSU to lose to anyone. BP isn't our coach anymore so the only time he affects our program is if we play his team, he plays someone we play, or recruits someone we're recruiting. He did however in my opinion set a new standard here in wins. I expect whomever the coach is here to match that standard.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: 10thPlanet on October 31, 2014, 03:27:39 am
I want FSU to lose to anyone. BP isn't our coach anymore so the only time he affects our program is if we play his team, he plays someone we play, or recruits someone we're recruiting. He did however in my opinion set a new standard here in wins. I expect whomever the coach is here to match that standard.

Or places his pee pee in the wrong ha hoooo
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

jamescoktossin

Quote from: Jerrajo on October 03, 2014, 09:52:36 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Petrino beat FSU.

I'll give you 20 points.  If Louisville can keep it that close I'll leave if not you leave.  Deal?

Still here Mckinney ? I guess you only want integrity to apply to succesful head coaches.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on October 31, 2014, 02:06:30 am
No, what is weak is your understanding of Arkansas Razorback football and the mess your coach left it in.

Petrino has a 4 year window in which he can operate. He has proven at every stop that he does not have the wherewithal to run a program any farther.

He wisely jumps ships when his anemic attempts at recruiting are to bare fruit. He can not recruit because he lacks personality and character. His despotic nature has led to an inability to put together a decent staff. No one, NO ONE, of any credibility will work for the man. All of these flaws work against the lifeblood of football, recruiting. He can not maintain relationships, and he personally poisoned the bases in Arkansas and Texas. He had lost Florida years earlier. Our roster was so unbalanced, it was nearly impossible to field a decent team the years after he left. (see his mess he left in Louisville. It took a great recruiter and a good man to right that ship.) He was quickly turning his hopes to the JUCO ranks. If he would have remained here, we would be stuffing our rosters with skill players from the JUCO's and the lines with the left over homegrown kids. The one's Auburn and the like didn't really want.

Go away Louisville fan....and take your coach with you.
My sentiments exactly. That's why i don't get the i love/miss Bobby crowd
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bigredone on October 31, 2014, 12:49:11 am
The one time in his career that he has a competent defense and this is all he has to show for it. Just two real games on his schedule and he loses them both....

That defense reminded me so much of what we saw when he was here - no tackling. This results from his rigged practices that hamstring a defense during the season.

His defense will only go downhill from here as Charlie Strong's players graduate. Never understood how a person as smart as CBP a could be so dumb to think he can win it all with his defense philosophy.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jamescoktossin

Quote from: ChitownHawg on October 31, 2014, 05:55:23 am
That defense reminded me so much of what we saw when he was here - no tackling. This results from his rigged practices that hamstring a defense during the season.

His defense will only go downhill from here as Charlie Strong's players graduate. Never understood how a person as smart as CBP a could be so dumb to think he can win it all with his defense philosophy.

Yeah that 21-5 SEC record sucked eggs. We want to see a great defense and go 0-16 !!!!

jamescoktossin

That 21-5 record was the worst. I sure wish B E R T would teach Bobby how to play defense !!!! Yet one more sign Mike Judge was right ...

http://uproxx.com/movies/2014/10/the-many-signs-that-mike-judges-idiocracy-is-almost-upon-us/

bigredone

To the moron that loves Mike Judge you might have a fair point after years 3 and 4 for CBB. For now you ought to stay quiet and let the adults talk.

Pulled(PP)pork

For the Bobby lovers who don't care about integrity, guess you would take Jimbo as a coach also

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Don't care about FSU fans, the point was, would you prefer our players out stealing/assaulting/possibly raping....all for wins?

PP

Deep Shoat

Just wondering if this thread is still relevant after Louisville played Bobby Ball on both sides of the ball and coughed it up to FSU?
All Gas, No Brakes!

bigredone

Can I play cheerleader for Pulled Pork for a little while? Go,PP,GO!

bigbadhog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 30, 2014, 09:33:42 pm
integrity and losing are not tethered. you can win or lose with integrity. i prefer to win with integrity, but it is weak minded people like yourself that are insecure in their arguments that use the tactic of trying to bind losing and integrity. you guys are so upset over the firing of bobby that you have tried to blur your disdain by pretending to only be unhappy with losing. the way you mock integrity and try to shame people that strive for and glorify integrity makes you the weak one, not me.

thank you for disengaging from this debate with me, arguing with people that have no objection when it comes to cheating/lying/thuggery is tiresome.

Barry Switzer says hello - he makes BP look like a virgin choir boy.  By the way, I never said integrity doesn't matter.  Integrity and winning football can go hand in hand.  We have a lot of one and none of the other if you haven't noticed...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Pulled(PP)pork

Are we improving?  It takes time. We're you one of those calling for Nolan's head his 2nd year in?

PP

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jamescoktossin on October 31, 2014, 06:32:21 am
Yeah that 21-5 SEC record sucked eggs. We want to see a great defense and go 0-16 !!!!

I see that just as he didn't understand my point James didn't understand the rules to posting on Hogville.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

People love to throw out CBP's winning SEC record as proof he was better. But never look at how many West and now East teams are in the Top 25.

I ask what was his record against Top 25 teams while here? Why would that record improve while the amount of competition improved?

His defenses always stunk and in tight games against top teams defense is important. That is why I said I am confused how such an intelligent coach as CBP doesn't get it. Look at Saban. After last year he wanted to pair a top offensive coordinator with his top defensive coordinator.

Now you can argue Lane is not the right coach, but Saban is smart enough to see you need a balanced team. Not sure why CBP doesn't see it.

Unless it is he cannot get a good DC to work for him.