17. ATH LaMichael Pettway

QB:
Done here

RB: will take 1 more
There are 3 backs that we have a good shot at in this order
Patrick Carr
Charles West
Karan Higdon
I have a suspicion that we are on a big time RB who is committed somewhere else. If there were not a big time guy on the board I think that one of these 3 would have committed already. Just a thought

WR: If Reed qualifies we will take him, I don't think that we would take anyone else.
Dominique Reed- has all the tools to be an absolute stud.
Kahlil Lewis- A guy to keep an eye on, West Virginia commit with an impressive offer list and he can flat out play.

TE:
We are done at TE with 3 outstanding commits

OT: I think that we take 1 more here
Tyler Howell- Another tackle in the "Skipper mold" 6'9'' and a lot of predictions going our way. Juco prospect
Jalen Merrick- Jalen is a very talented player who recently started playing football. Very interested in Hogs.

OG: We really need OTs but we would obviously take Barnett
Jalin Barnett- #1 OG in the nation and with Pittman we have a heck of a shot.

C:
Done at this spot as well

DL: We already have 4 impressive commits here but I believe we might go for 1 more
Porter Gustin- Big time prospect from Utah who is listed as an LB but will most likely play with a hand on the ground in college. He has started to return interest to the hogs. Family connections with Chaney and Coach B will personally give him a visit during the season.
Malik Manciel- He is a lesser-known prospect committed to Texas St. but our coaches really like him. Was visited by the coaches during the bye week.
Bryce English- Recently decommitted from UCLA another prospect who is down to us and TCU. Attended the UofA vs. Georgia game.

LB: I believe we take 1 or2 more
Reggie Walker- Our coaches want him as an LB and he has us as his #1. Great looking prospect.
Derrick Graham- Randy Ramsey type LB also from Florida. Announces on November 4th and just cancelled his visit to Mississippi St. GHG
Kendrick Jackson- An Arizona Commit who is still expressing interest in Arkansas and will take an OV in Fayetteville.
Montrel Wilson- Just Decommitted from Baylor and I think its down to us HOGS and TCU
Rayshad Jackson- LB out of Florida that we might end up with, will probably commit if given the green light.

CB: I think we take 2
Deshawn Raymond- Committing this weekend and its probably an LSU TCU battle with LSU coming out on top. He says that he is still on for his visit to Arkansas after his commitment but we will see about that. Xavier Lewis is another LSU corner that will give us an OV, don't see much of a shot there.
Sheldrick Redwine- Another great Corner that I think we actually end up with. Great offer list
Jeremiah Dinson- A Kentucky commit, he will visit the hogs an we have a great shot.
Ryan Pulley- Not too much new info on him, but we have a shot.
Keep an eye out for- Jaylon Lane or PJ Mbanasor no inside info or anything like that, but I do know that coach Jennings has kept in contact with these Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma commits. Both are longshots but would be awesome.

S: I think that we will take 1 more safety. Between Greenlaw and Pettway I think one will play safety.
Kahlil Haughton- Lots of people think that it is a two horse race between OU and Baylor but I think we have put ourselves in a great position with Kahlil.
Antonyo Sotolongo- Teammate of Hog Cornelius Floyd in high school, if we really go after this kid I think we get him.
Kylan Johnson- Big time kid out of Skyline high school in Dallas, Hogs are his #1.
Brandon Scott- Danny West just tweeted about him being one to watch out for today, would be an awesome pickup.

Who we end up with.
We have 8 spots left and I think we end up with
1.   WR Reed (If he qualifies)
2.   OT Jalen Merrick
3.   OG Jalin Barnett (Would be a huge get, look for us to get Tyler Howell if Jalin chooses OU)
4.   DT Bryce English
5.   LB Derrick Graham
6.   LB Reggie Walker
7.   CB Sheldrick Redwine
8.   S Kylan Johnson

Some possible surprises could be
-   CB Deshawn Raymond
-   S Kahlil Haughton
-   A Jennings DB recruit
-   I think we may also be on a highly rated RB

MP24

January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

sowmonella

Any idea on who the highly rated RB might be?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

CDBHawg

sickboy

SemperFi

Really good stuff MH04! Appreciate all your work and effort.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: MH04 on October 29, 2014, 03:24:05 pm
Commits
1. QB Ty Storey
2. RB Rawleigh Williams III
3. WR Deon Stewart
4. WR K.J. Hill
5. TE Austin Cantrell
6. TE C.J. O'Grady
7. TE Will Gragg
8. OT Colton Jackson
9. OG Josh Allen
10. C Zach Rogers
11. DE Jamario Bell
12. DE/DT Hjalte Froholdt
13. DE/DT Daytrieon Dean
14. DE/DT Jeremiah Ledbetter
15. OLB/S Dre Greenlaw
16. P Blake Johnson
17. ATH LaMichael Pettway

QB:
Done here

RB: will take 1 more
There are 3 backs that we have a good shot at in this order
Patrick Carr
Charles West
Karan Higdon
I have a suspicion that we are on a big time RB who is committed somewhere else. If there were not a big time guy on the board I think that one of these 3 would have committed already. Just a thought

WR: If Reed qualifies we will take him, I don't think that we would take anyone else.
Dominique Reed- has all the tools to be an absolute stud.
Kahlil Lewis- A guy to keep an eye on, West Virginia commit with an impressive offer list and he can flat out play.

TE:
We are done at TE with 3 outstanding commits

OT: I think that we take 1 more here
Tyler Howell- Another tackle in the "Skipper mold" 6'9'' and a lot of predictions going our way. Juco prospect
Jalen Merrick- Jalen is a very talented player who recently started playing football. Very interested in Hogs.

OG: We really need OTs but we would obviously take Barnett
Jalin Barnett- #1 OG in the nation and with Pittman we have a heck of a shot.

C:
Done at this spot as well

DL: We already have 4 impressive commits here but I believe we might go for 1 more
Porter Gustin- Big time prospect from Utah who is listed as an LB but will most likely play with a hand on the ground in college. He has started to return interest to the hogs. Family connections with Chaney and Coach B will personally give him a visit during the season.
Malik Manciel- He is a lesser-known prospect committed to Texas St. but our coaches really like him. Was visited by the coaches during the bye week.
Bryce English- Recently decommitted from UCLA another prospect who is down to us and TCU. Attended the UofA vs. Georgia game.

LB: I believe we take 1 or2 more
Reggie Walker- Our coaches want him as an LB and he has us as his #1. Great looking prospect.
Derrick Graham- Randy Ramsey type LB also from Florida. Announces on November 4th and just cancelled his visit to Mississippi St. GHG
Kendrick Jackson- An Arizona Commit who is still expressing interest in Arkansas and will take an OV in Fayetteville.
Montrel Wilson- Just Decommitted from Baylor and I think its down to us HOGS and TCU
Rayshad Jackson- LB out of Florida that we might end up with, will probably commit if given the green light.

CB: I think we take 2
Deshawn Raymond- Committing this weekend and its probably an LSU TCU battle with LSU coming out on top. He says that he is still on for his visit to Arkansas after his commitment but we will see about that. Xavier Lewis is another LSU corner that will give us an OV, don't see much of a shot there.
Sheldrick Redwine- Another great Corner that I think we actually end up with. Great offer list
Jeremiah Dinson- A Kentucky commit, he will visit the hogs an we have a great shot.
Ryan Pulley- Not too much new info on him, but we have a shot.
Keep an eye out for- Jaylon Lane or PJ Mbanasor no inside info or anything like that, but I do know that coach Jennings has kept in contact with these Oklahoma St. and Oklahoma commits. Both are longshots but would be awesome.

S: I think that we will take 1 more safety. Between Greenlaw and Pettway I think one will play safety.
Kahlil Haughton- Lots of people think that it is a two horse race between OU and Baylor but I think we have put ourselves in a great position with Kahlil.
Antonyo Sotolongo- Teammate of Hog Cornelius Floyd in high school, if we really go after this kid I think we get him.
Kylan Johnson- Big time kid out of Skyline high school in Dallas, Hogs are his #1.
Brandon Scott- Danny West just tweeted about him being one to watch out for today, would be an awesome pickup.

Who we end up with.
We have 8 spots left and I think we end up with
1.   WR Reed (If he qualifies)
2.   OT Jalen Merrick
3.   OG Jalin Barnett (Would be a huge get, look for us to get Tyler Howell if Jalin chooses OU)
4.   DT Bryce English
5.   LB Derrick Raymond
6.   LB Reggie Walker
7.   CB Sheldrick Redwine
8.   S Kylan Johnson

Some possible surprises could be
-   CB Deshawn Raymond
-   S Kahlil Haughton
-   A Jennings DB recruit
-   I think we may also be on a highly rated RB

There are several names out there that haven't been revealed yet. Hope to name a couple early next week. One LB and one S.

Bubba's Bruisers

Man, it seems like just a few months ago we were convinced we would need at least a couple SEC caliber S's in this class.  Now everybody is like we only need 1 to finish the class.  I guess we must be assuming Pettway and/or Greenlaw will be a S.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 29, 2014, 07:23:30 pm
There are several names out there that haven't been revealed yet. Hope to name a couple early next week. One LB and one S.

Interesting

Scott7703

What kind of chance do you give us with Gustin? He is the exactly the type defensive player we need to land.

hogfan2000

I know nothing about pettway on defense other than I've noticed him having a few int's for td's.  Will he run down hill and tackle?  Anyone seem him play?

BentonvilleJeff

Thanks for this post MH04. Helps guys like me out.

This is shaping up to be a solid class. Just hope the team finishes strong and the offseason buzz around the Hogs will be big.

CDBHawg

Good sign or a bad one?

tophawg19

got to be good for RD to throw that out there
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ldfergu

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 29, 2014, 08:47:47 pm
Good sign or a bad one?

We don't go after slugs. I imagine it's a good sign

Steef

Richard,

These posts of yours are like chocolate to a fat man (and yes, I'm a fat man...and yes, it's primarily chocolate that did it).

I can't live without them...but they're killing me.

Mixed emotions....watching your mother in law drive your new truck off a cliff....or having Richard Davenport tell you there's good things coming, but he can't tell you what.

Hawgzinbowlz

Good read.

It's good to be fine tuning the final 8 + invited walk ons.

" GO HOGS "

whosiskid

Quote from: sickboy on October 29, 2014, 06:09:27 pm
Supposedly leaning toward Miss State.

Didn't he just cancel his trip to MSU? If so, I doubt he is going there. We apparently are the only place where he is going to do an official, unless he reschedules with someone.  247 has him 88% for us.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

AirForceHog

That commit list is awesome and its only going to get better.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

lefty08

I think he resheduled to miss st. And Higdon is committed to Iowa, saw it on the ticker
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

SemperFi

Let's get this bumped back up and updated....MH04???? Exciting times are ahead...WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawg_Thai'd

According to RD, we still have 8 spots to sign even though Graham made #18. I don't think Walker is in the picture now.

I am curious as to what the coaches plans are, because I really think we could fill it up real quick if we wanted to. I think the coaches are on some big names that may not be released to us.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on November 19, 2014, 06:34:17 am
According to RD, we still have 8 spots to sign even though Graham made #18. I don't think Walker is in the picture now.

I am curious as to what the coaches plans are, because I really think we could fill it up real quick if we wanted to. I think the coaches are on some big names that may not be released to us.

Unless we're able to count back(which I don't think we can), the only way we can sign eight more is if one of the current commits doesn't sign.

NLRHog92

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 19, 2014, 10:34:48 am
Unless we're able to count back(which I don't think we can), the only way we can sign eight more is if one of the current commits doesn't sign.

Well, now I'm nervous  ???

WooPig90

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 19, 2014, 10:34:48 am

Heard somewhere that we might be able to sign 26 this year but not 100% sure on that

MH04

I can't edit this one anymore but I'll make a new one soon

greenie

Please do. You do a nice job with this stuff, and its much appreciated.

Steef

Quote from: greenie on November 19, 2014, 01:19:22 pm
Please do. You do a nice job with this stuff, and its much appreciated.

Hawg_Thai'd

yeah, MH04, you have done a great thing with this thread. It won't be long and recruitment will REALLY heat up when we get into Dec.-Jan. Thanks a bunch man. The recruiting forum is the first one I check when I come to Hogville. If you need anything from us to help, just say so.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.