Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kasey Ford highlights vs. Rogers

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 29, 2014, 01:21:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

How do you feel about him playing football at the next level?  Do you think he'll go the baseball route?  And how hard are the hogs on him?  Seems I read we're chasing some kid from Missouri but Kasey Ford seems like a can't miss from just up the street...

Thanks

jackflash

I know nothing about Kasey Ford. But with the success Auburn, Miss and Miss State are having with a running Quarterback. Wouldn't surprise me to see Arkansas find one. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dominicanhog

I think we should take 2 QB's in this class.. Skylar and Kasey... after their 3rd year, they will know if they are going to play.. if not, move on... same with everybody else.

wholehog92

I don't understand why he doesn't have an offer from us at this point.  It's likely too late anyway and the kid will end up in KS.

I've watched him several times and I think his arm strength is comparable to Ryan Mallett with better touch on the fades and underneath routes.  He makes the grades and comes from a solid family.  The coaches were there for him throwing to Kraus, so they have seen him and with the coaching/family connection, no way they aren't aware. 

It's the biggest recruiting mystery I've seen up close.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PorkRyan

On those highlights he has a clean pocket and zero pressure.  He struggled early in the season when he faced pressure.  I just watched his Hudl highlights and he has a long slow delivery.  A long stride is common for tall QB's, but his is exceptionally long.  On the Hudl tape there was only one time where he had even a hint of pressure on him.  It is hard to judge a QB when you never see them face pressure.

PorkRyan

Now, go watch Ty Storey's Hudl tape.  Pressure on almost every play, throws into tight windows, and a lightning quick release. 

George Whitfield has a stat that 46% of all plays in the NFL the QB ends up off of his initial drop due to pressure.  Watch Storey consistently navigate the pocket and move around.  I'm not saying Ford can't do it, he just has never had to because they block so well for him. 

wholehog92

I love Storey's talent and am very excited about him coming here.  The two are different grad years so it's not one or the other.

Story has a lot of upside Kasey doesn't have to be sure, but Ford has a lot Storey doesn't have on the other side of that coin.  Ford is a drop back pocket passer and he's about as good as there is out there at it.  Storey is a mobile QB that is very accurate.  He's not the most mobile or the most accurate or the strongest arm, but the combination he has is very exciting.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.