113 (47.9%)
F
79 (33.5%)

Total Members Voted: 236

TheRazorbackGuy

:razorback: Looking forward to your answers! :razorback:

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 29, 2014, 11:52:07 am
Extra points blocked, missed field goals, touchdown returns given up.

D at best

I went lower. Its been awful. We allow ST scores too, remember UAB kick return?

1highhog

I have no choice but to give and F.  Our special teams has lost us at least two games this year and our Coaches waited yo long to change kickers, the kid comes out and boots a 40+ long FG attempt, that pissed me off even more when he should have been our kicker from day one, we'd have two more wins under our belt.  Also, we allowed a 99 yd kick return for a TD and almost another against UAB??  I have yet to see this team play a full 4 quarters, I hope I see it this weekend against State, if they play a full 4 quarters like they're capable of playing, they'll beat State.

tophawg19

i went with a d based on punting has been decent . the rest has been a total failure .  Is there anyway to compare ours with the rest of the SEC ? national ranking ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

skbhog

Atlhogfan1

4th in the nation on kickoff returns.

It has been a near failure but that isn't surprising.  Had to replace a 4 year PK and the depth on this team is still thin and depth shows up on STs. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Whoever graded an A needs to PM me. I want what your smoking.

Danny J

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2014, 11:55:06 am
I have no choice but to give and F.  Our special teams has lost us at least two games this year and our Coaches waited yo long to change kickers, the kid comes out and boots a 40+ long FG attempt, that pissed me off even more when he should have been our kicker from day one, we'd have two more wins under our belt.  Also, we allowed a 99 yd kick return for a TD and almost another against UAB??  I have yet to see this team play a full 4 quarters, I hope I see it this weekend against State, if they play a full 4 quarters like they're capable of playing, they'll beat State.

TheRazorbackGuy

cbhawg03

F

A, B, and C shouldn't even be choices

Doesn't Frito Pie have to be a choice though in a Hogville pole?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BorderPatrol

Why can you select up to five choices?

bp

searcus

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 29, 2014, 02:37:33 pm
A last week C- the rest.

How, didn't the other team have a return for 6 points?

Hawgzinbowlz

Pass or FAIL might be interesting.

The special teams have coaching...CBB may want to modify what is in place.

I've never seen less efficient execution for a D-1 program.

We could easily be 6-2...in an average quality system, and ranked in the top 25...recruiting enhanced.

:puke:

" GO HOGS "

Cinco de Hogo

nchogg

I picked a D. Special teams were better the first few games of the season other than FG attempts. They have slipped since then.

arkansasstory

50% is a F
50% of the time something disastrous happens.
The fake punt was beautiful +1

SemperFi

I gave it a C, but was thinking more along the line of a C-. There have been times, moments, that the ST's have looked really good and then there are those times that they look awful. Hitting a 49 yd FG is pretty spectacular and when Irwin is booming punts it's a thing of beauty. Korliss Marshall had a 90+ yard return against Nicholls St, so it's hard to ignore that, but giving up a 100 yard KO return to UAB was ridiculous. Missing the FG that would have beaten aTm along with blocked extra points against Bama and UGA was just bad all around. There's nowhere to go but up and they have shown the potential to be as good as they have been bad.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

oldman1015

Quote from: searcus on October 29, 2014, 03:07:30 pm
yep, but that had to be brandon allen's fault.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

Hey Super

NCAA 15 could have easily told us this grade but nooooooooo
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on October 29, 2014, 03:10:03 pm
Pass or FAIL might be interesting.

The special teams have coaching...CBB may want to modify what is in place.

I've never seen less efficient execution for a D-1 program.

We could easily be 6-2...in an average quality system, and ranked in the top 25...recruiting enhanced.

:puke:

" GO HOGS "

Its been a terrible special teams unit

Athog

Quote from: 1highhog on October 29, 2014, 11:55:06 am

Agreed!

CallThemHawgs!

If they were any worse, we would not have any players on the field.

VT HOG

Burt really screwed up here. He's redshirting the #2 kicker in the country while the team has lost two games (A&M and Alabama) because they don't have a kicker.

So he's either redshirting a player that could help the team win or he did a terrible job evaluating the recruit.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on October 30, 2014, 02:32:18 pm
If they were any worse, we would not have any players on the field.

Yes, it has been flat out awful!!!!!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

nchogg

Quote from: VT HOG on October 30, 2014, 02:35:51 pm
Burt really screwed up here. He's redshirting the #2 kicker in the country while the team has lost two games (A&M and Alabama) because they don't have a kicker.

So he's either redshirting a player that could help the team win or he did a terrible job evaluating the recruit.
If you remember when the season began Coach reshirted him because his leg strength wasn't there yet.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 29, 2014, 11:52:07 am
Extra points blocked, missed field goals, touchdown returns given up.

D at best
THIS THIS THIS
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Horthawg

Anyone thinking a change will be made with the ST coaching position at the end of the year.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Horthawg on November 01, 2014, 08:16:49 am
Anyone thinking a change will be made with the ST coaching position at the end of the year.

Its necessary to change the ST coach. Hell, Smiley was a better ST coach than the active guys.

B501

Quote from: Horthawg on November 01, 2014, 08:16:49 am

special teams current rankings -

#54 in punt return d
#114 in kickoff return d
#90 blocked kicks allowed
#75 net punting
#68 punt returns

id say there is room for improvement. too much focus on trick plays?

hoglady

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on November 01, 2014, 08:28:06 am
Its necessary to change the ST coach. Hell, Smiley was a better ST coach than the active guys.

Actually, Arkansas special teams were pretty darn good under JLS as coach.
This year our special teams overall are the worst I can ever remember having.
Missed field goals, missed extra points, punt returns, coverage.
Just horrible.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: nchogg on November 01, 2014, 07:58:01 am
If you remember when the season began Coach reshirted him because his leg strength wasn't there yet.

So we use a kicker instead whose max distance is 25 yds?
Makes no sense - there's got to be something we don't know.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

GlassofSwine

Quote from: nchogg on November 01, 2014, 07:58:01 am

Yeah that is why his videos from high School show him regularly kicking 40+ yard field goals.

PonderinHog

razorbackkid

I give us a C .... I felt like being very generous today.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

TheRazorback500

F+

+ because of the A&M fake and the FG last week.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

31to6

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 29, 2014, 02:37:33 pm
A last week C- the rest.
No way they get an A last when they had 10 points off returns (punt return for 40 yards to inside the 10 setting up a FG and KR for a TD).

WarPig88

Quote from: searcus on October 29, 2014, 03:07:30 pm

No they didn't.

They had TWO big returns. One on a kickoff for a TD and another on a punt return that set up their first score.

razorbackkid

The word "special" has so many different meaning depending on the context in which it is used.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

JeffSpicoli

The Irwin-Hill run for a touchdown gives it a letter grade bump.

razorbackkid

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: b501 on November 01, 2014, 08:48:25 am
special teams current rankings -

#54 in punt return d
#114 in kickoff return d
#90 blocked kicks allowed
#75 net punting
#68 punt returns

id say there is room for improvement. too much focus on trick plays?

The data backs the problems. We must improve on special teams

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 01, 2014, 09:17:14 am
  Yeah that is why his videos from high School show him regularly kicking 40+ yard field goals.

I'm sure the kicking block assisted him.

redeye

I can't do this stuff on game day. 

SPAL

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 01, 2014, 03:16:04 pm
Worst I've seen in over a decade

This SpecialTeams might be improved with Korliss Marshall returning

MountieDawg

Punting          A   Those punts are slippery
FG kicking      F
Punt returned C-
Kickoffs          B
SEC!

upperdeck_hawg

D - 2 blocked extra points
     no reliability on any fg beyond 30 yards
     no return game in either kickoffs or punts (we let punts drop way too much)
     we can't get any touchbacks because no one has a strong enoug leg
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis