Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance against Ole Miss looks rough

Started by popcornhog, November 21, 2014, 12:42:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

Some genius on here last week said there would only be 50k in the stadium.

So there's that.......

tomahawkhog

Well, it looks like AState and UCA are jumping at the chance to play in WMS since Arkansas isn't.   NOT!!  That's because they face the SAME dilemma the UA does, it doesn't make SENSE to play there financially. Geez.....now, it would be nice to have a packed house today for the game, and frankly I'll be a little disappointed if not.
Go Hogs!

Pigstie

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 21, 2014, 07:15:30 pm

If WMS had the extra 20,000 seats it wouldn't be full either. You have no point.
There isn't any talk of adding seats to wms moron.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Pigstie

Quote from: Royal Fortune on November 22, 2014, 01:05:59 am
And yet 60k is more than WMS holds........ Even on a bad day DWRR is better than that trash can of a stadium you're trying to defend. Pony up the gas money to drive to the campus. Oh, you know Fayetteville, the location where the school is. You're either lazy, broke, or blind. There's a reason we only play 1 game at WMS now, and as far as everyone else is concerned that's still 1 game too many. See you when the contract ends :)
Your a complete idiot. I'm at every game on the hill.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

ricepig

Quote from: jared72404 on November 22, 2014, 04:44:43 am
I'm all for games being in Fayetteville, but without a doubt this game would be packed in WMS. Lets not get ridiculous.

You had your chance, it's over. The reason it would be packed is OM wouldn't have returned 2500 tickets. Let's not get ridiculous.

ricepig

Quote from: Pigstie on November 22, 2014, 08:31:49 am

Then don't worry, I am too. I drive 4 1/2 hours just to get there, or in case this week, fly for 45 minutes. The games should be played on campus, this isn't the 60's or 70's.

opineonswine

Quote from: geauxhawgs on November 21, 2014, 11:41:48 pm
Absolutely. But keep in mind most of those tailgate spots aren't free and they aren't exactly hog dog and a bag of chips kinda tailgates. LOTS of money being spent in those tents that impact our STATE more than people understand, which in turn helps the UA.

How does it help the University again???

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on November 22, 2014, 10:54:09 am
How does it help the University again???

Don't you know, all the taxes on sales in Pulaski County liquor stores, Krogers, and restaurants goes to the UofA on game day......

Hey Super

Quote from: Pigstie on November 22, 2014, 08:31:49 am

Uh oh, you mad bro? It would be, "You're a complete idiot" by the way... nice try though. Maybe go to less games and more school? YOU'RE welcome for the advice by the way. :)
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Hey Super

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2014, 10:16:31 am
Then don't worry, I am too. I drive 4 1/2 hours just to get there, or in case this week, fly for 45 minutes. The games should be played on campus, this isn't the 60's or 70's.

+1
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

geauxhawgs

What happens when a good chunk of kids in East, Central, and South Arkansas become more likely to attend ASU, Ole Miss, MSU, Memphis, UCA, La Tech, LSU, or TCU then they do Arkansas because its just as easy, or in many cases, easier for them to go watch a game at one of these other universities and get behind their program?? It'll happen with time, you can take that to the bank. There isn't another school in the conference that's further from their biggest city in  state than we are. That's not a good thing, especially when there's only 3mil people in your entire state and 2.5 of those live outside NWA. Say what you want... but IMO moving ALL games to NWA isn't a positive for the long term health of our program or our state.

P.S. Don't say Knoxville, Tennessee either... its still closer to Nashville than Fayetteville is to LR and Knox has 1mil in their metro not 500k AND is within a 2 1/2 hr drive from another 4mil. TN has almost 7mil people in their state. Apples to oranges.

Albert Einswine

The proximity argument died with improved highway infrastructure and almost every game televised. The people making the Little Rock argument always use 1940's through 1985 logic. It's over.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ricepig

Quote from: geauxhawgs on November 22, 2014, 12:21:12 pm
What happens when a good chunk of kids in East, Central, and South Arkansas become more likely to attend ASU, Ole Miss, MSU, Memphis, UCA, La Tech, LSU, or TCU then they do Arkansas because its just as easy, or in many cases, easier for them to go watch a game at one of these other universities and get behind their program?? It'll happen with time, you can take that to the bank. There isn't another school in the conference that's further from their biggest city in  state than we are. That's not a good thing, especially when there's only 3mil people in your entire state and 2.5 of those live outside NWA. Say what you want... but IMO moving ALL games to NWA isn't a positive for the long term health of our program or our state.

P.S. Don't say Knoxville, Tennessee either... its still closer to Nashville than Fayetteville is to LR and Knox has 1mil in their metro not 500k AND is within a 2 1/2 hr drive from another 4mil. TN has almost 7mil people in their state. Apples to oranges.

I live in NEA, besides ASU, more kids go to the UofA then any other school, so that doesn't hold water. If got one getting his MBA, one graduating high school, and a 7th grader, the vast majority of the kids going to college choose Fayetteville, or in the case of my youngest, support the Hogs. This crap of taking the games away is so lame, please come up with something better.

Pigstie

Quote from: Royal Fortune on November 22, 2014, 12:10:41 pm
Uh oh, you mad bro? It would be, "You're a complete idiot" by the way... nice try though. Maybe go to less games and more school? YOU'RE welcome for the advice by the way. :)
Oh we have another "I don't have a point, so I'll attack where his phone puts the apostrophe guy".  Likee u wud corec me in persson.  #tig

Pigstie

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2014, 10:16:31 am
As tired as this thread is, it wasn't about the gsd. It was about adding seats to the hill, which is a waste of $$.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Pigstie on November 24, 2014, 10:33:34 am
As tired as this thread is, it wasn't about the gsd. It was about adding seats to the hill, which is a waste of $$.

You're right. We don't need more "net" general seating, but DWRRS is due a fix up.  It's been awhile and its time to bowl it, add seat backs everywhere, put the two video boards in the SEZ corners, add the SRO area above the Broyles Center, and touch up everything else. (I'm looking at you west side)

I've called for condo's with luxury balcony seating in the NEZ.  It would be unique and block the sound in at the same time.  From what I understand, there is a waiting list for luxury boxes.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

spe450

Quote from: Pigstie on November 24, 2014, 10:33:34 am

Except all the added seats will be club and boxes, for which there is a long wait list already.  So even if they are empty at kickoff, the university gets all of the donations required plus the cost of tickets.  Those seats are virtually sold.

Pigstie

Quote from: spe450 on November 24, 2014, 10:54:53 am
Except all the added seats will be club and boxes, for which there is a long wait list already.  So even if they are empty at kickoff, the university gets all of the donations required plus the cost of tickets.  Those seats are virtually sold.
Well I am a donor and the last letter I received did not put it that way.

ricepig

Quote from: Pigstie on November 24, 2014, 01:41:38 pm
Well I am a donor and the last letter I received did not put it that way.

Put what, what way? There is a pretty substantial list for suites, as far as club seats, they'll sell out if they are outdoor or loge seating. I've been on two groups for this discussion.

Pigstie

The assumption that the outdoor seats will sell out.

ricepig

Quote from: Pigstie on November 25, 2014, 08:55:40 am
The assumption that the outdoor seats will sell out.

I depends on the number and design, they've looked, and are looking at about 3 different configurations. They aren't building anything yet, it's my understanding they will get the on going projects paid for, or a lot closer than they presently are. Now, this could change if the SEC Network money comes in way above current predictions.

Dropkick

Has anybody seen a thread about attendance for the Ole Miss game anywhere around here?

Dropkick

By the way, I was at the Ole Miss game and while the crowd wasn't the largest I've been a part of, it was awesome!

ricepig

Quote from: Dropkick on November 25, 2014, 10:04:31 am
Has anybody seen a thread about attendance for the Ole Miss game anywhere around here?

Probably in the Tavern.....

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Dropkick on November 25, 2014, 10:04:31 am

Quote from: jbcarol on November 22, 2014, 09:01:34 pm
Razorback Football @RazorbackFB  ·  4 hours ago
Today's official attendance is 64,510. #WPS #BeatOleMiss
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Dropkick on November 25, 2014, 10:07:35 am
By the way, I was at the Ole Miss game and while the crowd wasn't the largest I've been a part of, it was awesome!

...yeah they sounded great on tv, sustained roar almost the entire game.....
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...