Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorvision/RSN

Started by HoundHog, October 28, 2014, 08:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundHog

Does anyone know where I could find a schedule with the tv listings? I tried finding razorvision but couldn't. Does that still exist or did they have to get rid of it due to SEC network? The last few years I watched the first few games on razorvision until RSN carried them.

HawgAdvocate

Razorvision is no more, due to the SEC Network.

The new Razorback site hasn't done a good enough job. Use this link for now:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/8/arkansas-razorbacks
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HoundHog

Breems

The new ArkansasRazorbacks.com is awful.

These trending web designs just don't make sense.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

-Blu

I wonder if SEC network will pickup the exhibition games.... anybody heard anything on those?

poloprince

Quote from: -Blu on October 28, 2014, 11:06:19 pm
I wonder if SEC network will pickup the exhibition games.... anybody heard anything on those?

No they will only air Kentucky.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

sooiepig_12

Quote from: -Blu on October 28, 2014, 11:06:19 pm
I saw where the first real game was on SEC network plus. If your cable provider carries SEC Network will you be able to get this on the internet?  Will you need to call them to get a username and password?

intelligence

Quote from: Breems on October 28, 2014, 10:02:48 pm

I can confirm these are in demand, but its not the design. Its the parallax scrolling, which is a bad trend in the business at the moment. As for Arkansas Razorbacks, The organizational structure of the html is poor, and as a result it has weakened the design of the page, which i feel is very strong aesthetically. Its no doubt that the css and html was coded by an amateur working with limited PSD to HTML experience. Furthermore, the javascript is far too heavy for most mobile browsers, i tested several events in mobile emulation environment and the average event takes 5 seconds from fire to completion. This problem is particularly noticeable on the event schedule pages when tested with mobile devices. The website is quite literally broken because of the parallax scrolling effect, even the desktop, but this may be due to an update to Chrome's javascript engine.

HoundHog

Does this mean RSN (Inman/Eddins) won't televise any games either?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Breems on October 28, 2014, 10:02:48 pm

Someone on the design team definitely dropped the ball on that one..
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TexArkHogFan

Looks like all games except two or three of the early ones will be on SECN, one of the ESPN channels or CBS.  SECN even televised the Kentucky Blue/White game.  Kentucky is to basketball what Alabama is to football as far as TV coverage in the SEC.  Maybe one day we'll reach that level.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hogsrule44

Lot of 8:00 ball games. Tough on the weekdays but hopefully will not hurt attendance. I don't think it will.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hogsrule44 on October 29, 2014, 09:16:25 am
Lot of 8:00 ball games. Tough on the weekdays but hopefully will not hurt attendance. I don't think it will.

If the 8pm game crowds are like they were last season, it will definitely hurt attendance again this season. By 8pm most have already had dinner, put their 'relaxin pants' on, and will be eager to simply watch from home. Being one of the more 'western' teams in the SEC forces Arkansas into the back-end of these ESPN/SECN double headers far too often.

I'm not a fan of our conference schedule. We have just three Saturday home games (aka big crowds), and one of those is at 8:30pm.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mhuff

Okay, I have read this thread closer as I definitely want to watch the games. Still, I thought there was a new site that you could watch or at least listen to the games on the radio. Is this the new Arkansas Razorbacks . com that you are speaking about?

-Blu

October 29, 2014, 11:04:01 pm #15 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:14:33 pm by -Blu
Looks like every single game will be televised.  Not sure what SEC+ means yet though, could that mean one of the SEC alternative channels, or available on SECnetwork online only?

http://www.secsports.com/schedule/mens-basketball/arkansas-razorbacks

Edit: SEC+ is digital only, basically it's espn3.

HoundHog

Great news! I can't wait for the season to start!

sooiepig_12

Quote from: -Blu on October 29, 2014, 11:04:01 pm
Looks like every single game will be televised.  Not sure what SEC+ means yet though, could that mean one of the SEC alternative channels, or available on SECnetwork online only?

http://www.secsports.com/schedule/mens-basketball/arkansas-razorbacks

Edit: SEC+ is digital only, basically it's espn3.
Yes but just because you get ESPN3 does not mean you will get SEC network plus.  This is part of WatchESPN.  ESPN3 comes through the internet provider.  Watch ESPN is through your cable provider.  I will be calling Suddenlink to get a username and password.  They have WatchESPN now that they picked up the SECNetwork.

-Blu

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on October 30, 2014, 10:43:50 pm
Yes but just because you get ESPN3 does not mean you will get SEC network plus.  This is part of WatchESPN.  ESPN3 comes through the internet provider.  Watch ESPN is through your cable provider.  I will be calling Suddenlink to get a username and password.  They have WatchESPN now that they picked up the SECNetwork.

Yea I know that, I meant SEC+ was just like ESPN 3 as it is digital only.  Sorry for the confusion.

Hawg Red

At least we only have two games on SEC+, and they're both against poor opponents. I suspect those games will accessible, though.

bjl

Quote from: intelligence on October 29, 2014, 12:37:43 am
I can confirm these are in demand, but its not the design. Its the parallax scrolling, which is a bad trend in the business at the moment. As for Arkansas Razorbacks, The organizational structure of the html is poor, and as a result it has weakened the design of the page, which i feel is very strong aesthetically. Its no doubt that the css and html was coded by an amateur working with limited PSD to HTML experience. Furthermore, the javascript is far too heavy for most mobile browsers, i tested several events in mobile emulation environment and the average event takes 5 seconds from fire to completion. This problem is particularly noticeable on the event schedule pages when tested with mobile devices. The website is quite literally broken because of the parallax scrolling effect, even the desktop, but this may be due to an update to Chrome's javascript engine.

where do you see parallax scrolling on this site?  I am assuming I am missing it, b/c i didn't go to every single page, but the background(tiled/solid) scrolls with the pics.  I see/saw no examples of parallax when i viewed it(chrome, ie, ff).

the js is way overboard...

Prosciutto

Quote from: intelligence on October 29, 2014, 12:37:43 am

UHHH! My thoughts exactly.