Karan Higdon to

Started by RazorBassin, October 28, 2014, 08:09:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorBassin

Iowa...per Hawkeye account on Twitter.

RazorBassin

ricepig

WBC Hog

I thought this guy was ours for the longest time. I haven't heard much talk from him lately though so it makes sense.

Hearing the news about CBB meeting with JWill on whether or not to submit his name for the NFL draft tells me we REALLY need another big name RB commit this year. I do like Rawleigh but we gotta have one more.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

Carr or West either one can get the job done
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

PorkRinds

Quote from: WBC Hog on October 28, 2014, 08:24:18 pm
I thought this guy was ours for the longest time. I haven't heard much talk from him lately though so it makes sense.

Hearing the news about CBB meeting with JWill on whether or not to submit his name for the NFL draft tells me we REALLY need another big name RB commit this year. I do like Rawleigh but we gotta have one more.

I knew that meeting woud be coming. But where did you hear it?

JackJohnson

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 28, 2014, 08:54:30 pm
Carr or West either one can get the job done

IMO neither of these are good enough prospects to pass on any back 7 recruits, of which we currently only have 1 with only 8 spots left

WBC Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 28, 2014, 09:51:58 pm
I knew that meeting woud be coming. But where did you hear it?

I saw it all over twitter. CBB met with both JWill and his mom to talk it over. I hope he comes back for his senior year but I wouldn't be surprised if he declared.

The Recruiting Guy

redeye

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 28, 2014, 11:21:20 pm
Don't shut the door yet.

I'm gonna assume you're referring to Higdon?

Thanks Richard!

whosiskid

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 28, 2014, 11:21:20 pm
Don't shut the door yet.

Interesting.

Could this hinge on JWill's decision? If he turns pro there will be around 200 extra carries to spread out among back up running backs.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

RazorPiggie

Quote from: whosiskid on October 28, 2014, 11:35:04 pm
Interesting.

Could this hinge on JWill's decision? If he turns pro there will be around 200 extra carries to spread out among back up running backs.

Where the crap have you been???

The_Iceman

tophawg19

seems odd , a FLORIDA  kid going to Iowa when he could play SEC ball

ricepig

Quote from: WBC Hog on October 28, 2014, 10:26:48 pm
I saw it all over twitter. CBB met with both JWill and his mom to talk it over. I hope he comes back for his senior year but I wouldn't be surprised if he declared.

Hmm, Bielema said in his PC that he would sit down with them after the season was over and after JWill had sent in and received his evaluation.

RazorBassin

ChicoHog

Are we still on the RB from NC?   I think his name is Reggie Gallaspy.  have not heard much lately on him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JackJohnson on October 28, 2014, 10:09:52 pm
IMO neither of these are good enough prospects to pass on any back 7 recruits, of which we currently only have 1 with only 8 spots left

I agree that we should only take a RB if he's true a stud.  Otherwise, finish with primarily OL and back 7.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 29, 2014, 08:48:09 pm
Are we still on the RB from NC?   I think his name is Reggie Gallaspy.  have not heard much lately on him.

He committed to NCST.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

JackJohnson

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 29, 2014, 08:50:40 pm
I agree that we should only take a RB if he's true a stud.  Otherwise, finish with primarily OL and back 7.

Agree and unfortanetly as of right now we aren't on any- although I think our current commit does fit that criteria.  And yes we need at least one more stud OL preferably OT to go along with the back 7 recruits.  Having a total of 3 true OTs make it to campus in a 3 year span (counting Colton Jackson) is about 2-3 short of what is needed

jackflash

If West speed is a true 4.38. I can see a place for him at Arkansas.

tophawg19

west or carr are both great players watch the video's . both have great speed and elusiveness

HamHands

October 31, 2014, 04:59:27 pm #23 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:00:43 pm by HamHands
Well, he is just a 3 star.  8)
One day at a time.