Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Kapita visit

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 28, 2014, 01:26:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfreak

Oklahawg

I want to feel good about this kid. I hope that isn't idealism or fandom speaking.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

-Blu

Been really quiet since his official visit.  No word on if he'll take other trips, or if he plans to commit anywhere soon.

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Atlhogfan1

Forwards, especially HS/prep, should consider Arkansas given the roster and minutes that will become available in the frontcourt over the next couple of seasons. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

azhog10

I think it's a natural fit. Big man with a motor. Bobby was the same, though not as athletic as Kaptia. But having that motor in this sytem fits like a glove. I hope he commits because he would be a HUGE addition to the program and would absolutely soften the blow of losing Portis if that happens.

mhuff

Quote from: azhog10 on October 29, 2014, 12:47:55 am
I think it's a natural fit. Big man with a motor. Bobby was the same, though not as athletic as Kaptia. But having that motor in this sytem fits like a glove. I hope he commits because he would be a HUGE addition to the program and would absolutely soften the blow of losing Portis if that happens.

I am really liking what I saw on his play and his team's play. What a novel idea.... he had players driving down the lane and dropping off wide open passes to him. They must have a good coach. I liked his statement about playing his role for the team and rebounding being an important way to score points. Sounds like he has his priorities set right. I sure hope he becomes a Razorback..... Plus, I believe it would be a good fit and a great experience for him.

The_Iceman

He is a perfect fit for our system. There will also be a major hole for him to fill with Portis likely going to the NBA.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 29, 2014, 01:52:05 pm
He is a perfect fit for our system. There will also be a major hole for him to fill with Portis likely going to the NBA.

Malik Dime who? Come on down Mr Kapita

poloprince

His sister lives 25 minutes from Fayetteville, so that should seal the deal.  I hope  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

makiavelli

His sister is that close? had not heard that before and hadn't seen it mentioned but that seems like it would be big
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

Swinesong1

Quote from: makiavelli on October 29, 2014, 03:48:27 pm
His sister is that close? had not heard that before and hadn't seen it mentioned but that seems like it would be big
Actually she's the daughter of his host family.  Nevertheless, has to be a plus for the Hogs.

mhuff

Quote from: hogs24 on October 28, 2014, 11:13:39 pm
6'9" and 40" vert. Yep.

Even if that vertical is only 34" or 35" , that would be fabulous for a man his size.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: mhuff on October 29, 2014, 04:10:53 pm
Even if that vertical is only 34" or 35" , that would be fabulous for a man his size.

Yeah Dwight Howard had a 39.5 vertical. Not sure I'm buying 40'.

But I will take him and anything close to that any day of the week

-Blu

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 30, 2014, 09:36:01 am
Yeah Dwight Howard had a 39.5 vertical. Not sure I'm buying 40'.

But I will take him and anything close to that any day of the week

I doubt he has a 40' vertical, he says he's never tested it, he's just throwing a number out there, most kids if they don't know they just say 40' cause that sounds amazing, and that's what everyone strives to have.  From watching his footage I would say anywhere from 36'-38' vertical for him is reasonable. 

OLDHOG

Would really like to have this kid. REALLY!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: -Blu on October 30, 2014, 11:27:05 am
I doubt he has a 40' vertical, he says he's never tested it, he's just throwing a number out there, most kids if they don't know they just say 40' cause that sounds amazing, and that's what everyone strives to have.  From watching his footage I would say anywhere from 36'-38' vertical for him is reasonable. 

Looks like he had long arms as well

TomBigBeeHog

It's been pretty quiet on this guy.  No other visits?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 08, 2014, 03:05:54 pm
It's been pretty quiet on this guy.  No other visits?
Still deciding on if he will sign this fall or in the spring
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on November 08, 2014, 03:14:51 pm
Still deciding on if he will sign this fall or in the spring

He needs to sign with the Hogs this fall.

Tankster

3 crystal ball picks for Kapita to Arkansas today...

Appears to be Memphis folks making the predicitions

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/TargetPredictions

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tankster on November 10, 2014, 03:22:57 pm

He would sure help the transition in 2015: (assuming Portis goes and Qualls stays)

Guards: Durham, Beard, Bell, Whitt, Hannahs, Babb, Watkins
Forwards: Miles, Williams, Kapita, Qualls, Kingsley, Thompson

That gives us a little more talent on the floor. The losses of Madden and Portis would helped in the long term if we could add Whitt and Kapita in this class.

Paul

Quote from: Tankster on November 10, 2014, 03:22:57 pm

thx for posting that

mhuff

Really hope we get this young man. My kind of player...... his kind of team.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 10, 2014, 04:00:51 pm
He would sure help the transition in 2015: (assuming Portis goes and Qualls stays)

That gives us a little more talent on the floor. The losses of Madden and Portis would helped in the long term if we could add Whitt and Kapita in this class.

I really hope we can get Kapita, think he'll be perfect for our system, think he'd be a guy that would be an absolute beast his junior and senior year.  Also, as far as our guards,  I can't wait for Beard, Babb, and Whitt to all get into the system for a couple of years, those guys are going to be a pressing nightmare for our opponents.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 10, 2014, 04:00:51 pm

I wouldn't count on Qualls staying
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

mhuff

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on November 10, 2014, 05:47:35 pm
I really hope we can get Kapita, think he'll be perfect for our system, think he'd be a guy that would be an absolute beast his junior and senior year.  Also, as far as our guards,  I can't wait for Beard, Babb, and Whitt to all get into the system for a couple of years, those guys are going to be a pressing nightmare for our opponents.

Agree with what you say.... I do not know if he would be here all four years. Anyone who is a pressing nightmare is my hero. I am thinking Miles will ruin a bunch of people's games with the press. I am just really pleasantly surprised by the play of Williams and Miles. Talk about a kickbutt bonus.

-Blu

Kapita will be making his decision in the Spring per Evan Daniels.  I sure hope he's wrong about that or Kapita changes his mind, don't like our chances going into the Spring, considering he'll be one of the highest rated guys unsigned and some of the bigger schools will then know who they have leaving.

The Hogfather

Yep, that's horrible news, if true.

forrest city joe

Quote from: -Blu on November 11, 2014, 03:18:32 pm
Kapita will be making his decision in the Spring per Evan Daniels.  I sure hope he's wrong about that or Kapita changes his mind, don't like our chances going into the Spring, considering he'll be one of the highest rated guys unsigned and some of the bigger schools will then know who they have leaving.
Not good news. our chances just went down in my opinion.

imtad16

Well, if we have a really special year,  which is entirely possible, it might seal the deal with him though too.

Hawg Red

All it really tells me is that we didn't stand out above the other teams he was really looking at. As mentioned above, he could still end up here if we have a good year. Maybe he'd be more inclined if Portis went pro, too. I imagine we're still in it and he just wants to further evaluate his options.