Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revenge

Started by swinemaster, October 28, 2014, 12:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinemaster

We owe it to MSU this Saturday. Last year's OT loss was crushing.  For those that don't remember.  Collins fumbled inside the MSU 10 yard line late in the 4th to kill our chance of putting the game away in regulation. 

Maybe AC makes amends for that Saturday.  What a time for him to get out of this funk he's been in and have a day to remember!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: swinemaster on October 28, 2014, 12:46:10 pm
We owe it to MSU this Saturday. Last year's OT loss was crushing.  For those that don't remember.  Collins fumbled inside the MSU 10 yard line late in the 4th to kill our chance of putting the game away in regulation. 

Maybe AC makes amends for that Saturday.  What a time for him to get out of this funk he's been in and have a day to remember!
I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "revenge". Perhaps getting back something we could be viewed as "owed" given the circumstances of last year's game. Then again, we caused our own problem with that turnover and not being able to go ahead and close it out in overtime. While I'll give our opponents credit for doing enough to win, the vast majority of our losses since then have been so many "unforced errors"-turnovers, penalties, missed PATs/field goals. etc.-on our part. We truly have in every real sense been our own worst enemy over the past (almost) twelve months. I honestly don't know of any other college team that's anywhere close to have "shooting themselves in the foot" so often than have been the Hogs. More than high time that we not only stop self-destructing, but catch a break or two from the "football gods".

Danny J

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 28, 2014, 02:23:54 pm
I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "revenge". Perhaps getting back something we could be viewed as "owed" given the circumstances of last year's game. Then again, we caused our own problem with that turnover and not being able to go ahead and close it out in overtime. While I'll give our opponents credit for doing enough to win, the vast majority of our losses since then have been so many "unforced errors"-turnovers, penalties, missed PATs/field goals. etc.-on our part. We truly have in every real sense been our own worst enemy over the past (almost) twelve months. I honestly don't know of any other college team that's anywhere close to have "shooting themselves in the foot" so often than have been the Hogs. More than high time that we not only stop self-destructing, but catch a break or two from the "football gods".
I will also note that is basically the same thing Gruden said last night on MNF. He said a 2-5 team is 2-5 because they make drive killing and TD nullifying mistakes which certainly sounds familiar. He makes a great point. A team built for long and clock consuming drives simply can't afford to get behind the chains and most certainly can't afford to take TD's off the board. Until we play more disciplined we aren't going to win a SEC game. Hopefully that changes this weekend. It may be the weekend we finally put it all together. I promise you guys our team will not be afraid to go play MSU at MSU no matter the #1 ranking.