Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling All Experts (and not-experts)

Started by scruf, October 28, 2014, 12:05:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scruf

Will any other Arkansas kids in the 2015 HS football class end up as Razorbacks, either on scholarship or as walk-ons? I realize that many are already committed to other schools at this time.

For reference, I'm talking about any of the following:

FB Hekili Keliiliki (has Stanford offer)
WR Darveon Brown (small but versatile)
OT Devante Lovett (haven't heard much)
RB Carlos Burton (see Lovett)
OT Ean Pfeifer (has Vandy offer I think)
TE Daniel Sprinkle (legacy)
RB Justin Bailey (thick and fast)
RB DJ Brown (see recent thread)
LB/DE Tyler Phillips (not sure where he'd play but he seems like a player)
OT Klint Harvey (previously listed as a walk-on)
OT Cameron Davis (have heard discussed as a potential walk-on)
S Avery Johnson (I understand he was coming off of an injury before summer camp - is speed an issue?)
CB Byron Keaton (on the smallish side aka Jared Collins)
RB Justin Curry (haven't heard anything)
DT Javier Carbonell  (dimensionally similar to Philon but I haven't seen his tape)
CB Juwuan Campbell (at 6'0", 190 he fits the mold of an incoming FR CB - what's his story?)
LB Ian Jackson (see recent thread)
LB Parker Witt (discussed ad nauseum - size is good but speed the issue?)
OG Braxton Bradley (transferred into FHS this year)
DE Luc Bequette (legacy)
DT Rickey Dobbins (monster DT)
WR Henri Murphy (see recent thread)
DT Kylin Washington (haven't heard a thing)

GHG! :razorback:

Wildhog

I don't see another in-stater getting a full offer.  I think Sprinkle got a two year offer, so I don't know what he'll do.

Never know who will walk on.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

greenie

No disrespect to any of these young men...they are all much better athletes than I; however, I think that things would have to fall apart significantly before any of these players get a scholarship offer from the Hogs.  Many of them are intriguing, but are probably deemed more of a risk than other out-of-staters.  I also think that the in-state pressure is gone for this year.  We've already cleaned up in state.

ricepig

I don't see any getting a scholarship, walking on, who knows?

Peter Porker

I can see Justin Gallant of Batesville getting an invited walkon offer. He's got great height and is very fast.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Peter Porker on October 28, 2014, 01:12:36 pm
I can see Justin Gallant of Batesville getting an invited walkon offer. He's got great height and is very fast.
Gallant is talented and has a good frame but can't catch a beach ball. He may end up somewhere smaller. (Ark st./Lyon/UCA)

Piggfoot

I've heard from a quasi-reliable friend of the family that Devonte Lovette does not want to be a hog. qualification Non-expert.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 28, 2014, 02:29:25 pm
Gallant is talented and has a good frame but can't catch a beach ball. He may end up somewhere smaller. (Ark st./Lyon/UCA)

He sure made some nice catches against Jonesboro and Wynne.

cbhawg03

+1 for the laugh

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: ricepig on October 28, 2014, 03:17:16 pm
He sure made some nice catches against Jonesboro and Wynne.
Has also made some bone headed drops in those same games and other games too. Not bashing him at all, he's the Pioneers go to guy and is a big reason they upset Wynne a few weeks ago. His biggest weakness is his inconsistency of catching the ball.

redeye

Tyler Phillips tweeted a bunch of letters he received from Oregon the other day.  Don't think he has an offer from them, but they seem interested.

ricepig

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 28, 2014, 03:31:41 pm
Has also made some bone headed drops in those same games and other games too. Not bashing him at all, he's the Pioneers go to guy and is a big reason they upset Wynne a few weeks ago. His biggest weakness is his inconsistency of catching the ball.

He'd fit right in.......

Peter Porker

Arkansas hosted him Saturday on an unofficial visit.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

As a junior the 6-4 Gallant ran a f.a.t. 11.17 100m and a 22.81 f.a.t. 200m.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Peter Porker on October 28, 2014, 03:50:17 pm
Arkansas hosted him Saturday on an unofficial visit.
like I said, he's got the frame, speed, and smarts. Just need to catch the ball on a consistant basis. He could very well become a project under this staff. He sorta reminds me of another home grown Razorback, Lucas Miller from Greenwood. When they lived in Batesville our families we're very close.

whosiskid

I really wanted Luc Bequette to be a Hog because of the tradition, but he is committed to one of the Pac-# schools. Can't remember if it is Cal or Stanford. I think Brown is one of those guys who if he gets away, you may regret it later.

I think we are done offering scholarships to Arkansas kids except for jucos playing out of state.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

greenie

I don't think we should take anymore in-state kids.  We need to maintain and build our recruiting footprint.  We've done very well in Arkansas.  Florida, Texas, and Louisiana also need to be in every class.

azhog10

I don't know if Parker will walk on, but him and a few others at Dardanelle are doing work this year. Glad to see my old hometown doing big things in the football world.

Dwyane Wade

Gallant dropped about 7 passes out of 10 against Paragould

nwahogfan1

Real proud of what Lunney and staff are doing recruiting Arkansas kids.  this thing called evaluation is not an exact science so a kid or two may be missed but I think if there is another Arkansas kid who is out there I trust they will find him.

lefty08

I'd like to see Tyler Phillips walk on, kids got great measureables
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged