Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do we beat in our last 4 games?

Started by Ben, October 28, 2014, 11:47:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which teams do we get the win against before the season is over?

Mississippi State
61 (18%)
LSU
194 (57.2%)
Ole Miss
148 (43.7%)
Missouri
271 (79.9%)
None of the above
55 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 339

Ben

Of course ive given you more than one vote to pick multiple teams. But who do you guys think we will beat? Lsu is improving but they still gota come to fayetteville. Mizzouri is still suspect to me, so those are my two
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

LittleRockHog2120

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The_Iceman

Großer Kriegschwein

We beat em all......Or at least thats what I will wake up every Saturday thinking will happen.
This is my non-signature signature.

cornsyrup

secfan30

Quote from: cornsyrup on October 28, 2014, 12:06:58 pm
We go 3 out of the last 4, I think.

Maybe the homer in me, but I'm feeling that as well. If we can close out 1 of the next 2, I feel that confidence will be what this team needs to win 3 of 4.

AloRaptor

My thoughts are this and of course this is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Miss state = maybe but probably not. Gonna keep hoping.  ;D

LSU = win

Ole Miss = maybe. good chance

Missouri = win

Fayettechill14

Looking at how we match up:

MSU: Bad matchup. Road game, dynamic quarterback and good running back, along with a defense whose strength is stopping the run. Don't like it

LSU: Decent matchup, maybe even a good one. At home against a QB who is not a playmaker (or even average), and a defense that's been whipped up front a couple of times (Miss St, Auburn)

Ole Miss: Also a decent matchup. Also at home, and the Rebs got beat up badly by LSU's run game. They have no run game, so we can focus on the pass. Also, our defense is very good at taking away a team's top WR option (see: Amari Cooper), and if we take Treadwell away their other WRs are only average.

Mizzou: Pretty good matchup as well. Their QB is really struggling and their WRs are not very good. Their defense is okay, but Indiana ran all over them.

I'm thinking 2-2, but I could see 3-1. I don't see a win over Mississippi State, but the other three are VERY winnable.

John Futrall

Pig In The City

holman24

0-20 at the end of the year and we get another year of this next year

PORKULATOR

All 4 and each victory will be celebrated with Frito pie.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 28, 2014, 01:44:04 pm

MSU: Bad matchup. Road game, dynamic quarterback and good running back, along with a defense whose strength is stopping the run. Don't like it

LSU: Decent matchup, maybe even a good one. At home against a QB who is not a playmaker (or even average), and a defense that's been whipped up front a couple of times (Miss St, Auburn)

Ole Miss: Also a decent matchup. Also at home, and the Rebs got beat up badly by LSU's run game. They have no run game, so we can focus on the pass. Also, our defense is very good at taking away a team's top WR option (see: Amari Cooper), and if we take Treadwell away their other WRs are only average.

Mizzou: Pretty good matchup as well. Their QB is really struggling and their WRs are not very good. Their defense is okay, but Indiana ran all over them.

I'm thinking 2-2, but I could see 3-1. I don't see a win over Mississippi State, but the other three are VERY winnable.

I would take 2-2 without hesitation.

chuggs33

I picked all four because the  :razorback: can beat any of them.

nwahogfan1

Until we win a game in the SEC how can you realistically unless you are drinking the cool aide that we can win a game in the SEC this year.  I don't think we have the QB leadership  who can make the plays  in crucial moments to take our team to victory.

Great QBs are like great PGs and they either have it or they don't. 

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 29, 2014, 08:53:10 am
Until we win a game in the SEC how can you realistically unless you are drinking the cool aide that we can win a game in the SEC this year. 

Until we win how can you think we can win?  Really?

And cool aide?

I don't even.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

bigred223

We have been very close this year. I'm not sure our guys are ready to beat this Mississippi state team though. Lsu I think is a win. Ole miss is also winnable, but we will have to do a great job if protecting the football as their defense feasts on mistakes and scores a lot of points for them. Missouri we should win because we are the better team. I am hoping for two and a bowl win. Lsu and Missouri are the most likely.

hoglady

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 28, 2014, 11:55:37 am
Is "ourselves" a legit choice?

Great answer. We've sure managed to do a whole lot of that this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 28, 2014, 01:44:04 pm

Very nice analysis.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on October 29, 2014, 09:00:48 am
Until we win how can you think we can win?  Really?

And cool aide?

I don't even.

I tend to think that some people in this world are here for our entertainment.

Torqued pork

I'm always very hopeful against LSU. Les gives me confidence regardless of how many future draft picks they put on the field.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 29, 2014, 11:00:28 am
I tend to think that some people in this world are here for our entertainment.

lol
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

DeltaBoy

The Zoo and maybe LSU since we usually play them tough 8-10 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 29, 2014, 11:03:52 am
I think we beat ourselves twice

I'll go with this since I actually have a hard time picking us to lose a game before we lose it... if that makes any sense at all😳

MSMHawg

Best predictor of future is the past. 0-4

Dropkick

Quote from: MSMHawg on October 29, 2014, 03:06:29 pm
Could be, I hope you are as correct about this as your were about betting against the Hogs all year.

Hawghiggs

PorkSoda

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2014, 11:59:20 am
We beat em all......Or at least thats what I will wake up every Saturday thinking will happen.
ditto.  hope we start with Miss St.  nobody is invincible.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 29, 2014, 04:05:41 pm
clean seep. End season 8-4
I wonder how much that would shake up the SEC West Race.

would be funny if after this crazy year, bama still won the west.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbackchamps94

The Divine Swine

Most will disagree with me, but I truly believe we have what it takes to win out. Eliminate idiotic mistakes and penalties and close out a fourth quarter we can win them all.Will it happen? probably not, but it is certainly possible. I believe it is probable we win two.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Hawgin84

The Hogs do have the potential to win out. The odds are against it, but I believe if they don't beat themselves, they can, provided they don't have exceptional losses to injury.

Acehawg

It will be an achievement to win one, and I'm counting on it.  Can't go 0-fer again this year.

DoctorSusscrofa

But we'll never actually know because there's no playoff to determine that on the field. We can only speculate and surmise for now whether we are indeed the best 4 loss team. It's all mythical.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

texas tush hog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2014, 11:59:20 am

After this Saturday, I will wake up feeling that way. The SEC office will never stand for a winless Arkansas team upsetting '"their" number 1 ranked team on their home field. It just won't happen, the fix is in, count on it. Starting with LSU we begin our remembah Novembah tradition, as Coach Broyles liked to say.

Bebop

From best possible win to least:

1. Missouri
2. LSU
3. Ole Miss
4. Miss. State

I put LSU over Ole Miss because we get LSU after a bye and after they face Alabama.

Dropkick

Quote from: MSMHawg on October 29, 2014, 03:06:29 pm
If so you will continue to be horribly wrong. I hope you aren't still betting.