Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you rate Arkansas' bowl chances?

Started by Sweet Feet, October 28, 2014, 11:42:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What percent chance would you put the hogs in to make a bowl?

80-100%
14 (3.4%)
80-60%
26 (6.3%)
60-40%
106 (25.8%)
20-40%
133 (32.4%)
< 20%
132 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 406

Sweet Feet

Hogopotamus

Mizzou and one of LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss st (in order of possibility hehe). I expect us to beat Mizzou, they have done NOTHING to impress me this year, their offense is very dysfunctional and their D is just average compared to what we have faced thus far. I think having LSU at home the week after they play Bama (assuming they lose) makes that by far our best shot. Though if Bo Wallace just implodes against Auburn after the loss at LSU we have a shot with them at home as well (Bo seems highly emotional so I think if he comes in at two losses and no shot at the playoffs he will slip back to his former self). Miss st we will need them to switch roles with us as far as stupid mistakes go to win.

cornsyrup

I feel they have a slight chance this week to break the streak, but it being on the road I think hurts their chances even more so I'll go ahead and chalk this one up as a loss.

I think they're in really good position though with a bye week after State before taking on an EXTREMELY overrated Ole Miss team that they will run all over, especially without Nkemdiche.

LSU at this point with the way they've been playing is a tossup, it being played in Fayetteville is really good for us and if we do actually beat Ole Miss that new confidence should show out again.

No matter what happens in those previous games though, Mizzou is a win.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: cornsyrup on October 28, 2014, 12:04:49 pm
I think they're in really good position though with a bye week after State before taking on an EXTREMELY overrated Ole Miss team that they will run all over
Ole miss is NO WHERE close to being overrated. Arkansas' run game is gona play right into the hands of that physical defense

Ramtough

No way we beat Miss State on the road so that leaves 3 games to win 2 with a coach that has never won a sec game at Arkansas. Less than a 5% chance that we win 1 more game much less 2. Could it happen yes, will it happen NO.

Großer Kriegschwein

October 28, 2014, 12:30:17 pm #5 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:49:56 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 28, 2014, 12:17:40 pm
Ole miss is NO WHERE close to being overrated. Arkansas' run game is gona play right into the hands of that physical defense

Just like LSUs huh? Smart

Why start the thread and ask the question if you're gonna attempt to marginalize what people post? Again...Smart
This is my non-signature signature.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 28, 2014, 12:30:17 pm

Why start the thread and ask the question if you're gonna attempt to marginalize what people post? Again...Smart
Because he wasn't getting enough attention in other threads.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Sweet Feet

Get out of your feelings lol im embracing debate

Dropkick

He's really more of an ASU fan.

Actually running it right at them is probably the best strategy since they seem to put the premium on speed defensively.

hogcard1964

LSU, Ole Miss and Mizzou are all winnable.  Actually, I think Mizzou is a lock.

...and yes, we should go to a bowl.

razoredge178

Quote from: Hogopotamus on October 28, 2014, 11:59:27 am
Mizzou and one of LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss st (in order of possibility hehe). I expect us to beat Mizzou, they have done NOTHING to impress me this year, their offense is very dysfunctional and their D is just average compared to what we have faced thus far. I think having LSU at home the week after they play Bama (assuming they lose) makes that by far our best shot. Though if Bo Wallace just implodes against Auburn after the loss at LSU we have a shot with them at home as well (Bo seems highly emotional so I think if he comes in at two losses and no shot at the playoffs he will slip back to his former self). Miss st we will need them to switch roles with us as far as stupid mistakes go to win.

Several of our opponents this year haven't done anything particularly impressive against us. We've beat ourselves. It doesn't matter how bad your opponent if you're slashing your own throat.

rickm1976

Quote from: Ramtough on October 28, 2014, 12:27:19 pm
No way we beat Miss State on the road so that leaves 3 games to win 2 with a coach that has never won a sec game at Arkansas. Less than a 5% chance that we win 1 more game much less 2. Could it happen yes, will it happen NO.

I say we beat LSU and Mizzou both, and have maybe a 1 in 4 chance of beating Ole Miss.  You may very well be right, but I think we finish up this season on a really high note.  I have faith our boys.

Danny J

Hogberry Snortcake

This thread reserved strictly for the trolls.

seikocanon

I think we somehow get there.  We will beat Missouri and one of the other three (probably somebody we are not supposed beat).  Would be nice to end the SEC losing streak against the #1 team this weekend.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dropkick on October 28, 2014, 02:33:02 pm
He's really more of an ASU fan.

Actually running it right at them is probably the best strategy since they seem to put the premium on speed defensively.

Agreed & Agreed.

Have had conversations before....
This is my non-signature signature.

holman24

0% chance we haven't won in conf with this coach and we won't win one this year.

We can hope but the record so far doesn't encourage.  We have a running game that does well against inferior talent and is not terrible against good talent.  Our D is much better than last season but still not very good against good talent.  Other than that, we got outhouse luck and not much of that.  Our passing game, special teams and overall team intelligence is subpar.

Blue35

Absolutely no chance whatsoever. Windbag B will not win an SEC game this year or next. He needs to move on.

moses_007

Somebody can't resist posting a "will Arkansas make a bowl" every week.  Bowls are for winners, not losing teams.

arkfan81

Quote from: Blue35 on October 28, 2014, 07:11:38 pm
Absolutely no chance whatsoever. Windbag B will not win an SEC game this year or next. He needs to move on.

take it your not a coach b fan....
Have faith...

dacskc

I think we beat Mizzou and maybe LSU because we always play them tough. The chances are slim, but we do have a chance.

If we somehow managed to beat Miss St, we could gain a lot of confidence and just go crazy, but when is the last time things fell our way? It's gonna be tough to make a bowl, but I don't think that's any reflection on how good our team is. We are probably on par with many other teams that are ranked or just outside the rankings.

NaturalStateReb

To me, it all hangs on LSU. I think Arkansas beats Mizzou and loses to Ole Miss. I think they'll probably get run in Starkpatch.

Beat LSU, and start making Liberty Bowl plans.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Speedracer

We don't make it to a bowl. This team, staff and fan base would greatly benefit if they find a way to manage 1 win out of the final four
Like smites bother me.

Pigstie

Quote from: 12247 on October 28, 2014, 06:45:18 pm
We can hope but the record so far doesn't encourage.  We have a running game that does well against inferior talent and is not terrible against good talent.  Our D is much better than last season but still not very good against good talent.  Other than that, we got outhouse luck and not much of that.  Our passing game, special teams and overall team intelligence is subpar.
This post sums up the team and the entire season spot on.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

IntegrityHog

There are 0 wins left on the schedule, but this year was never about going to a bowl.  It was about improvement, which we have shown in spades.  Next season, we have a shot at beating Mizzou and A&M, which would get us to 6-6 and the 2015 Independence Bowl, or possibly the 2015 Liberty Bowl.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 28, 2014, 11:16:41 pm
5 wins like I predicted preseason. No bowl, sadly. The string of no post-season will be broken in 2015. We will at least break the conference losing streak.

I was extremely pessimistic about this season.  The win over UAB gave us one more win than I thought we would get (I thought Texas Tech was a tougher game than it was.)  Any wins from this point forward are gravy.  Sadly, I think we go 0-8 two seasons running. 

Redhogs

Quote from: 12247 on October 28, 2014, 06:45:18 pm
Truth.....unfortunately.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogcard1964

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 29, 2014, 07:41:09 am
There are 0 wins left on the schedule, but this year was never about going to a bowl.  It was about improvement, which we have shown in spades.  Next season, we have a shot at beating Mizzou and A&M, which would get us to 6-6 and the 2015 Independence Bowl, or possibly the 2015 Liberty Bowl.

No, it's definately about having some post season success in a bowl.  I still think we go to a lower tier bowl. Independence or Birmimgham.

OKC

IMO...I think we are capable of winning all four...it would take playing near mistake free football to beat ole miss and msu...and those two would have to make some mistakes, but it COULD happen, but not likely. LSU is winnable even when we aren't playing at our best, but nothing near like we did against Georgia...I would consider Missouri a lock, except its an away game...

Prediction is we win one of the next four and I figure it to be LSU....hoping Les Miles is starting to lose interest in coaching at LSU.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: OKC on October 29, 2014, 08:47:08 am
IMO...I think we are capable of winning all four...it would take playing near mistake free football to beat ole miss and msu...and those two would have to make some mistakes, but it COULD happen, but not likely. LSU is winnable even when we aren't playing at our best, but nothing near like we did against Georgia...I would consider Missouri a lock, except its an away game...

Prediction is we win one of the next four and I figure it to be LSU....hoping Les Miles is starting to lose interest in coaching at LSU.

Wait a minute....Hogville says that Miles is a horrible coach, and we should want him to stay at LSU, right?

HawgWyld

Hey, anything is possible. If those boys choose to not let go of the rope, the team will turn the corner and get enough precious wins to go to some bowl somewhere.

Letsroll1200

16 game SEC losing streak! Prove you can win a SEC game first.

OKC

Quote from: IntegrityHog on October 29, 2014, 09:23:03 am
Wait a minute....Hogville says that Miles is a horrible coach, and we should want him to stay at LSU, right?
Admittedly, I was wrong about him.  I thought he was on par with HDN....7 to 8 wins per year coach...with the ability to pull off the occasional upset. At LSU, I thought he could do a little better but would wear on the fan base after a few years. He's nuts and some of the things he's done makes me scratch my head....but I got to hand it to him, his body of work says he's a pretty good coach.

elksnort

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 28, 2014, 02:33:27 pm
LSU, Ole Miss and Mizzou are all winnable.  Actually, I think Mizzou is a lock.

...and yes, we should go to a bowl.
There ain't no SEC "locks" with this Razorback team.

hogcard1964

elksnort

Mike_e

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 28, 2014, 11:42:28 am
Also who do you see them beating?

Bleak.

Mizzu.

The season isn't over so there's no reason to give up, remember what Clint said?

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

BigDrDon

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 28, 2014, 11:42:28 am
Also who do you see them beating?
Slim to none, but I still hang on that little thread thats left.
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

Tomhog™

If the ball bounced right for the Hogs this season, we'd be sitting at 6-2 right now and looking at maybe 2 more wins to lead us to a very nice bowl game. But, losing close ones to A&M and Bama (you could throw in Auburn as well) has taken a physical/emotional toll on the team. I just don't see 2 more wins.

Did the UAB win getting them back on track to win some SEC games, or just to continue competing in them?

Baller

We will be underdogs in all 4 games left on the schedule. 

It'll go Vegas odds to win any of them. 

Gonna be tough..

code red

Got to win 2 of 4.  Mathematically that is 50%.  Howeva.....2 of those 4 are ranked in the first final four poll.  One is on the road and LSU just figured out they have the best offensive line in the nation.  So....I am saying less than 25%.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 29, 2014, 01:19:55 pm
If the ball bounced right for the Hogs this season, we'd be sitting at 6-2 right now and looking at maybe 2 more wins to lead us to a very nice bowl game. But, losing close ones to A&M and Bama (you could throw in Auburn as well) has taken a physical/emotional toll on the team. I just don't see 2 more wins.

Did the UAB win getting them back on track to win some SEC games, or just to continue competing in them?
UAB was playing a second string Q.  So I am thinking no.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Dropkick

MissippHog

Quote from: Sweet Feet on October 28, 2014, 12:17:40 pm
Do you even watch the games?

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

arkansas1994

I think if we win one game we will win out,  just a matter of when we win that first one.