Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like we need

Started by Piggfoot, October 28, 2014, 09:24:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

2 offensive linemen, 2 safeties, 2 corners, 2 linebackers maybe a RB
That would be 26
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

secneahog

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 28, 2014, 09:24:44 am
That would be 26

Barnett.
Merrick.

Haughton.
Kylan Johnson.

Redwine.
Raymond.

Graham.
Porter Gustin.

No rb ....Reggie walker. Another linebacker.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 09:39:29 am
Barnett.
Merrick.

Haughton.
Kylan Johnson.

Redwine.
Raymond.

Graham.
Porter Gustin.

IF this happened... in 247's eyes we would be at 248.65 and ranked 8th nationally. :) I like the way you think tho.

secneahog

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on October 28, 2014, 09:45:24 am
IF this happened... in 247's eyes we would be at 248.65 and ranked 8th nationally. :) I like the way you think tho.

To me it's not that far off. The only guy I feel like is a far shot at this point is Porter Gustin. That could change in the future. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 09:39:29 am
Barnett.
Merrick.

Haughton.
Kylan Johnson.

Redwine.
Raymond.

Graham.
Porter Gustin.

Anything remotely resembling this would be incredible.

secneahog

I know Bryce English was/is close to pulling the trigger.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 09:50:24 am
To me it's not that far off. The only guy I feel like is a far shot at this point is Porter Gustin. That could change in the future.
He would be a game changer... he is a grown man at 17-18. 6-5 240 lb OLB.

secneahog

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on October 28, 2014, 09:55:58 am
He would be a game changer... he is a grown man at 17-18. 6-5 240 lb OLB.

He is a lot like jj watt. But Porter already has the size coming out of hs. Bielema said Watt grew 4 inches and put on 50 pounds at Wiscy.

Porter could be a game changer for us on defense.

The_Iceman

Dre Greenlaw was a nice get for us to fill a need we have at that OLB/SS spot.

We could really use a couple solid DB's in this class as well.

Wildhog

Merrick
Barnett

Graham
Walker

K Johnson
Sotolongo

Redwine
Dinson
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 28, 2014, 10:11:48 am
Dre Greenlaw was a nice get for us to fill a need we have at that OLB/SS spot.

We could really use a couple solid DB's in this class as well.

We are on a lot of DBs right now. I'm assuming we're waiting to see if we can land our big name guys first.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 10:15:08 am
Merrick
Barnett

Graham
Walker

K Johnson
Sotolongo

Redwine
Dinson

I really like this list also. Hasn't been a lot of names popping up recently of oline guys wanting to visit. Tyler Howell the 6'9 tackle juco guy is up there. We have a Oline guy visiting that is a Miami commit.

I just feel really good about the top oline guys we've been on.

Wildhog

At this point, I don't want to take another RB.  We got a really good one in Williams, and I think we're going after several ELITE backs in the '16 class.  I'd rather have an extra OL, LB or DB over another RB.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

yraciv

With Korliss down to his last straw, I think we've got to take another back.  Give me Karan Higdon and those defensive guys and I'll be happy.  And you can't forget on 2 or 3 surprises.

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 10:23:15 am
At this point, I don't want to take another RB.  We got a really good one in Williams, and I think we're going after several ELITE backs in the '16 class.  I'd rather have an extra OL, LB or DB over another RB.
As much fun as it is to have high profile backs looking at our school, i agree with this comment.  love williams and the wy he runs and you will be more successful with a great line and good backs rather than the other way. 
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 10:23:15 am

This is the exact same thing we said last year. With j will having a shot to leave early, an korliss being on his last leg, I think we need another one. The unfortunate thing is we need a lot of positions and only have a few spots to get them

Bubba's Bruisers

We already have 2 OG's in this class.  Would we really take 2 more?  I'm assuming both Barnett and Merrick are OG's.  And we really, really need another solid OT in this class.

At a minimum, I'd say...

1 OT
1 DT/DE
2 LB
1 CB
2 S

Then the best available after that for the final spot...like another CB or lineman.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Quote from: yraciv on October 28, 2014, 10:36:26 am
With Korliss down to his last straw, I think we've got to take another back.  Give me Karan Higdon and those defensive guys and I'll be happy.  And you can't forget on 2 or 3 surprises.

The problem is we've only got 8 spots, and none to count back to 2014. 

IF we're going to take another RB, I'd like for it to be Higdon.  He appears to be on at least the same level as Carr, and is another S Florida kid that we can use to continue our pipeline.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ldfergu

Beating numero uno on the road will boost things ;)

Wildhog

Next year we'll still have:

Williams (hopefully)
Collins
Marshall (hopefully)
Walker
Evans
Day
RW3

At the VERY LEAST, we've got a five deep for next year.  I just assume we hold out for an elite back in '16.
1909/1964/1965/1977

yraciv

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 10:41:49 am
Next year we'll still have:

Williams (hopefully)
Collins
Marshall (hopefully)
Walker
Evans
Day
RW3

At the VERY LEAST, we've got a five deep for next year.  I just assume we hold out for an elite back in '16.

I think Williams or Marshall, 1 of the 2 will be gone. Hate it, but it is what it is.  You know they'll probably redshirt Williams.  For a team that is built on the run. 3/4 eligible scholarship backs and a walk on isn't much depth. Worse case you've got.
Collins
Walker
Day
Evans

I'm sure we could get by and use it elsewhere, but in the worse case we need the back.  Think we're probably in wait and see mode to see what Williams and Marshall do the rest of the way, and that is why we have until February to figure it out.

Wildhog

Quote from: yraciv on October 28, 2014, 10:46:38 am
I think Williams or Marshall, 1 of the 2 will be gone. Hate it, but it is what it is.  You know they'll probably redshirt Williams.  For a team that is built on the run. 3/4 eligible scholarship backs and a walk on isn't much depth. Worse case you've got.
Collins
Walker
Day
Evans

I'm sure we could get by and use it elsewhere, but in the worse case we need the back.  Think we're probably in wait and see mode to see what Williams and Marshall do the rest of the way, and that is why we have until February to figure it out.

But if we're not bringing in a guy that will contribute a lot next year, what difference does it make?   I would still rather save that spot for OL or defense. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

CDBHawg

That would be 26

I'd go with:

3 OL - 1 being a JUCO
1 DT
2 LB
1 WR
1 DB

If Reed doesn't qualify, then:

3 OL - 1 being JUCO
1 DT
2 LB
2 DB

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 10:50:22 am
But if we're not bringing in a guy that will contribute a lot next year, what difference does it make?   I would still rather save that spot for OL or defense.

Yep. Preferably an OL.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 28, 2014, 10:54:51 am
I'd go with:

3 OL - 1 being a JUCO
1 DT
2 LB
1 WR
1 DB

If Reed doesn't qualify, then:

3 OL - 1 being JUCO
1 DT
2 LB
2 DB

You want us to take 6 linemen?

Wildhog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 28, 2014, 10:56:30 am

We've only got two right now, so three more would be five.

I'd LOVE it if we took 5 linemen, but four is probably the number given our other needs.
1909/1964/1965/1977

CDBHawg

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 28, 2014, 10:56:30 am

Yes. It's not just a want. Taking 5 I'd say is a need. 6 is probably the safe number, with one being a JUCO.

We lose 5 this year. Next year we lose 5. 7 if Skipper and Kirkland leave early.

We have 10 returning. 16 isn't an extremely high number.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:02:54 am
We've only got two right now, so three more would be five.

I'd LOVE it if we took 5 linemen, but four is probably the number.

Rogers, Jackson, & Allen.

Wildhog

Quote from: CDBHawg on October 28, 2014, 11:03:39 am
Rogers, Jackson, & Allen.

Thanks.  I forgot about Allen.

Taking six would be awesome.  I agree with you about five.  We NEED them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

booogaga

With JWill looking at NFL, Alex will be doing the same next season and Marshal showing to be unreliable off the field we need to go after more than one RB in this class. Look at our RB depth next season if JWill and Marshal are off this team. We will take two this year.
GO HOGS!

Wildhog

Quote from: booogaga on October 28, 2014, 11:11:38 am
With JWill looking at NFL, Alex will be doing the same next season and Marshal showing to be unreliable off the field we need to go after more than one RB in this class. Look at our RB depth next season if JWill and Marshal are off this team. We will take two this year.

Okay, so who are you going to bump off the list to put a RB that likely won't even contribute next year?
1909/1964/1965/1977

booogaga

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:13:26 am
Okay, so who are you going to bump off the list to put a RB that likely won't even contribute next year?
Maybe so. IF the right guy comes along. I am just saying RB can become very thin if they are not careful.
GO HOGS!

secneahog

I know this staff hasn't slowed down recruiting Carr, West, Higdon. Apparently they are wanting 1 more.

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 11:18:03 am
I know this staff hasn't slowed down recruiting Carr, West, Higdon. Apparently they are wanting 1 more.

Yeah.  I'm just stating my preference.

Out of those guys, though, give me Higdon.
1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

I agree about needing 5 offensive linemen. I think we have too many needs elsewhere to take 6 tho

booogaga

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:21:15 am
Yeah.  I'm just stating my preference.

Out of those guys, though, give me Higdon.
Do not get me wrong. I understand why they would only take one RB. The guy committed now is going to be phenomenal at the next level. But next season (worst case scenario) our RB core could look like this:

Collins
Walker
Evans
Day
RW3

And the year after that could look like this:

Walker
Day
RW3

We are going to take another RB imo.
GO HOGS!

Wildhog

Quote from: booogaga on October 28, 2014, 11:24:47 am
Do not get me wrong. I understand why they would only take one RB. The guy committed now is going to be phenomenal at the next level. But next season (worst case scenario) our RB core could look like this:

Collins
Walker
Evans
Day
RW3

And the year after that could look like this:

Walker
Day
RW3

We are going to take another RB imo.

I'm really not worried about RB.

Next year's depth will be fine.  Also, I think we'll bring in at least one stud RB in the '16 class that can contribute as a freshman. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Recruiting Guy

That would be 26

Numbers can always change depending on who wants to come and if something happens with a commitment.

They will take another RB. 2 OL, probably one more WR. That puts them at 20. They want another DL or two. At the end of the day it's all up to Bret. The numbers are tight. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 28, 2014, 11:29:31 am
Numbers can always change depending on who wants to come and if something happens with a commitment.

They will take another RB. 2 OL, probably one more WR. That puts them at 20. They want another DL or two. At the end of the day it's all up to Bret. The numbers are tight. 

God, another WR on top of a RB...ugh.
1909/1964/1965/1977

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:31:38 am

Reed has monster numbers

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:31:38 am

Would you pass up on D.Reed?

Wildhog

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on October 28, 2014, 11:33:35 am
Reed has monster numbers

I get it.

I'm just worried about depth at other positions. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 11:34:06 am
Would you pass up on D.Reed?

Depends on who the alternative is.

And I'm quite familiar with Reed's abilities. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:34:17 am
I get it.

I'm just worried about depth at other positions.

What is your 1 position that you are concerned about?

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 11:35:10 am
What is your 1 position that you are concerned about?

One position?  Offensive tackle.
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:34:30 am
Depends on who the alternative is.

And I'm quite familiar with Reed's abilities.

I'm sure you are.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2014, 11:35:37 am
One position?  Offensive tackle.

You think we need 1 or 2 OT ?

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 11:36:42 am

Preferably two.  I REALLY want one more HIGH SCHOOL OT.  Howell is a stop gap measure.  We need to build depth for the future.  Jackson appears to be a little bit of a project.

What if we lost Skipper or Wallace to injury next year?  What if Skipper goes pro after next year?  We're woefully thin at OT. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ARtillahog

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 11:36:42 am

Definitely 2.  I wonder how Howell plays into the numbers.  Would he count towards the numbers in his class or the current class?