Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cantrell

Started by Beavthompson, October 27, 2014, 07:28:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beavthompson

Is he locked in at TE?
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

trashcan maN

H-Back. He'll compete for Derbys job.

Beavthompson

14 tackles last week with 3 hurries and 1.5 sack. I was curiious if he would get a shot at linebacker.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

zane

I think I read he is leading the state of Oklahoma in sacks

Kid is a monster
RIP LSUfan

Huds_HawgTide

He broke his own state record two wks ago
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Marshfieldhog

The Recruiting Guy

secneahog

Glad RD shut this discussion down. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Scott7703

This kid is an absolute beast. I see no way he isn't on the field a lot next season.

lumphog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 27, 2014, 08:08:41 pm
Yes, TE-H-back
Thanks Ricky Recruito    ;) ;D    Love ya big guy
      AND......visit Cantrell's other thread & "VOTE" for him....he's runnin neck & neck   COME ON HOGVILLE!!!!

The_Iceman

I think the idea from this staff is to have less traditional full backs and go with more of an h-back look. It gives us much more versatility. Two WR, a RB, a TE, and an H-back type.

jcul28

Going to watch him play in 2 weeks. It will be my first time this year. He will be facing a very good run team with a real good RB. I know most of you have seen him more than myself but I can't wait to see it. I was excited to see Whitfield play the same team a few weeks back and he wasn't close to being the best player on the field.

choppedporkextrasauce

He has real speed as well. Kid is a first down waiting to happen.

kingofdequeen

azhog10

Just throwing this out there, but is Austin a guy that could end up playing both sides of the ball? UCLA and Stanford have done this recently in the past. Idk if there are more out there in the major 5 conferences, but if he has the size and speed, seems to me he might could be used as a 3rd down pass rusher.........Thoughts?

secneahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 27, 2014, 10:30:31 pm
I think the idea from this staff is to have less traditional full backs and go with more of an h-back look. It gives us much more versatility. Two WR, a RB, a TE, and an H-back type.

I don't know if the staff wants to go away from a traditional fb set. We just can't find a Kiero Small replacement yet. If/when we do I see us going back to a fb set a lot.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The_Iceman

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 10:20:02 am
I don't know if the staff wants to go away from a traditional fb set. We just can't find a Kiero Small replacement yet. If/when we do I see us going back to a fb set a lot.

Cantrell has experience running the ball in high school. With an H-back, he has the ability to line up in the TE spot, he can be motioned back to the F-back slot, he can block, run routes, and catch.

I think a coach would prefer an H-back if he can find one talented enough to play the position. Cantrell seems to be a perfect fit for that, and would make this offense even better.

LJHOG

maybe he plays both TE/H-back and an outside rush DE/LB in obvious passing situations.  he lools like one of those guys whose position is football.

SemperFi

Quote from: secneahog on October 28, 2014, 10:20:02 am

I would have to disagree. I think the H-back is the future of this offense. It basically gives you a third TE that will provide far more versatility than your traditional FB. You can be far more effective out of the power formations because there will always be the threat to pass. We could go full jumbo and still pass out of it.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Bubba's Bruisers

What a deal.  He's a potential SEC stud at TE and DE.  Very nice problem to have.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

Quote from: LJHOG on October 28, 2014, 10:27:08 am
maybe he plays both TE/H-back and an outside rush DE/LB in obvious passing situations.  he lools like one of those guys whose position is football.

He plays DE in HS,  he is very disruptive, which is obvious with those sack numbers.  I've been told that OU was/is recruiting him primarily as a DE rather than a TE, so anything is possible.  I trust these coaches to figure out the best use of a players talents.

jjdlc

Quote from: SemperFi on October 28, 2014, 10:32:04 am
I would have to disagree. I think the H-back is the future of this offense. It basically gives you a third TE that will provide far more versatility than your traditional FB. You can be far more effective out of the power formations because there will always be the threat to pass. We could go full jumbo and still pass out of it.

I mostly agree, but I think this staff still wants to have a good FB on the team too for certain situations.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jjdlc on October 28, 2014, 10:40:47 am
I mostly agree, but I think this staff still wants to have a good FB on the team too for certain situations.

Sure, most coaches do. But it won't be a full time position the way it was with Keiro.

RazorPiggie

Kid is a stud. Wouldn't surprise me to see him do a little bit on both sides of the ball.

secneahog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 28, 2014, 10:48:42 am
Sure, most coaches do. But it won't be a full time position the way it was with Keiro.

So if we found a stud fb like a Kiero Small, he wouldn't be a full time position ?

Bielema has said all along they are  searching for that stud fb to show his face.
Colquitt, Chris Jones, anyone on the roster has a chance to play.

No one has showed to be a Kiero so they've had to go away from the fb position a lot.

I like Cantrell. I like the H back. But to say a H back set is far more superior in our offense , isn't correct IMO.

Bielema wants a fb thumper. When he finds him, you'll see a lot of him.