Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A fact. And a case for stability.

Started by S.A.D.C, October 27, 2014, 05:12:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2014, 02:57:27 pm
Warpig ( and whatever his name was before he got banned and came back under this name ) and a couple others defend BP like they are getting paid to do so.

Their rants in this thread, of which the OP put up actual numbers showing how many players MSU had left from their 2010 class, and how many the Hogs left from the same class, are just examples of this.

I do not know what the average # of RSSRs a typical SEC or power 5 conf school has, but I am guessing were are looking at two extremes. I doubt many teams have 16, but I also doubt many have as few as 4.

I'm not defending anything.

I AM SAYING MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's folks like you who are defending someone like you are getting paid to do so. I promise you, CBB will not be fired or retained base on any post you or I make.

So stop with the hand wringing, the finger pointing, the personal attacks, vitriol, etc and MOVE ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick Hogger

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 28, 2014, 02:56:50 pm
You don't think Petrino is going to be fired if CBB can't cut it here?

It never crossed my mind because it's a stupid premise.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 28, 2014, 02:54:36 pm
That was my quote. You are so spun tight you are arguing with the wrong guy now.
If I'm now "so spun tight you are arguing with the wrong guy now" then please review/explain your 2:28pm, 2:37:54 pm and 2:50:12 pm statements and get back to me. Inquiring minds really DO want to know.

hogsanity

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 28, 2014, 03:00:36 pm
I'm not defending anything.

I AM SAYING MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's folks like you who are defending someone like you are getting paid to do so. I promise you, CBB will not be fired or retained base on any post you or I make.

So stop with the hand wringing, the finger pointing, the personal attacks, vitriol, etc and MOVE ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is pointing out a numerical FACT, defending anyone in particular? It is pretty much common knowledge that teams with large #'s of upperclassmen typically have pretty good seasons. It has been that way for a long time.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 03:12:12 pm
I never typed anything about a 2yr pass, but I could have. 

Wrong poster bucko.
You are absolutely correct in pointing out my "bad". I honestly thought I was responding to "warpig88"...duh!! Good lesson in that for me and thanks again for calling me on it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Mick Hogger on October 28, 2014, 03:02:11 pm
It never crossed my mind because it's a stupid premise.

The premise is that it's absurd to keep trying to hold Petrino responsible for what is happening at Arkansas more than halfway through the third season since he was fired.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 28, 2014, 03:20:12 pm
The premise is that it's absurd to keep trying to hold Petrino responsible for what is happening at Arkansas more than halfway through the third season since he was fired.
The only question I have, and will never know for certain, is how his actions may have influenced the number of kids who would be in their junior/senior years and who could (hopefully) provide some solid starting or depth skills and experience to this team. Unfortunately that, has been pointed out elsewhere, we'll never know for sure.

Atlhogfan1

He is partially responsible.  It is absurd to try and deny it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Mick Hogger

No, you asked if I thought Petrino would get fired for what happens with CBB here, which is ridiculous.
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Mick Hogger on October 28, 2014, 03:32:55 pm
No, you asked if I thought Petrino would get fired for what happens with CBB here, which is ridiculous.

I didn't ask the question, someone else did.  Apparently you didn't catch that he was asking an absurd question to demonstrate the absurdity of the notion that Petrino is still the responsible party for what is happening at Arkansas two-thirds of the way through the 2014 season.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 03:41:44 pm
Bielema is more than partially responsible.  He is largely responsible.  It is absurd to try and deny it.

BB is not responsible for causing it in any way and to suggest so is absurd.  Petrino is partially responsible for causing it as correctly evidenced in the OP.  BB is responsible for fixing Petrino's mess. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 03:41:44 pm
Bielema is more than partially responsible.  He is largely responsible.  It is absurd to try and deny it.

Go ahead and blame Nutt and Broyles too.  That Hatfield guy has gotten off too easy as well.

I've never let Hatfield, Broyles or Nutt off easy in any way in setting the course of where we were after their departures. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 03:47:46 pm
Petrino didn't ask to be fired, and programs that actually play big-boy ball in the SEC don't let things like blondes on bikes or $20,000 checks derail their success.

Him having an affair with a blonde didn't get him fired.

hobhog

Petrino didn't ask to be fired, and programs that actually play big-boy ball in the SEC don't let things like blondes on bikes or $20,000 checks derail their success.

So no, it's not Petrino's mess.  He's preparing for FSU.  It's Bielema and Long's mess.  Unfortunately Long can't be bothered... he's busy elsewhere preparing for his future.

Agenda noted.

My agenda? Give a coach 4 years to build a program and get some stability. BB is building a program, not tearing it down.

BP is a documented prick and wont last more than 4 years Anywhere. History always repeats itself.

WarPig88

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2014, 03:10:59 pm
How is pointing out a numerical FACT, defending anyone in particular? It is pretty much common knowledge that teams with large #'s of upperclassmen typically have pretty good seasons. It has been that way for a long time.

How is blaming the previous coach moving on?

It's time to move on. It's time to move on. It's time to move on.

As I have said, it won't be Petrino who gets fired if CBB can't cut it. There really is no point in threads like this.

The retention levels of Nutt's last two classes were just as poor when Petrino got here. Unlike CBB, Petrino benefited from the transfer of Mallet and that his system doesn't require as much depth to be successful.

That's why I believe CBB will be given his 5 years to turn this around and that the hand wringing of so many on here and finger pointing is pointless and played out.

Atlhogfan1

So no, it's not Petrino's mess.  He's preparing for FSU.  It's Bielema and Long's mess.  Unfortunately Long can't be bothered... he's busy elsewhere preparing for his future.

He didn't ask to be fired but he was justifiably fired and it was his fault. 

Long has some responsibility in creating it but less than Petrino. 

WarPig88

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2014, 03:44:43 pm
I've never let Hatfield, Broyles or Nutt off easy in any way in setting the course of where we were after their departures.

What did it gain you? What did it gain the program?

It really doesn't matter. All that matters is the here and now and moving forward while not repeating the mistakes of the past.

CBB knows that, fair or not, the mess here is his to own.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 28, 2014, 03:57:51 pm
What did it gain you? What did it gain the program?

It really doesn't matter. All that matters is the here and now and moving forward while not repeating the mistakes of the past.

CBB knows that, fair or not, the mess here is his to own.

You want to ignore the past.  How will you know when you are repeating the mistakes of it? 

Of course CBB knows it is his to fix. 

Porkys Revenge

I'm just wondering if this will ever be CBB's team and if he will ever be held responsible for their play on the field.

Apparently not...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 04:04:52 pm
Naive. 

I just CAN'T BELIEVE those morally-bankrupt Louisville boosters and administrators... don't they know who they've brought BACK into their midst?

Think of the children.

I can.  Petrino is a great offensive coach.  They are willing to tolerate him as they step up in competition by going to the ACC.  They can hope he has changed at least somewhat.  Perhaps if he has, he'll be able to hire better assistants.  Maybe his past won't be a negative to their recruiting and even if it is, they don't face the recruiting competition or on the field competition as programs in other conferences do.  Maybe he won't be an ass to those in and around the program and if he is, he'll still win enough to overlook it and he won't do something to get himself fired again.  It is easily believable they were willing to rehire Petrino. 

lefty08

Quote from: S.A.D.C on October 27, 2014, 07:25:24 pm
Are you really trying to go with the "but MSU isn't very good this year" argument?  Because that is silly.  Have you watched them?  Have you seen anyone who you think is better?  Does anyone have a more impressive resume?  And let me remind you- we are talking about Mississippi freaking State here!  Don't try to deny that the guy has done an incredible job and a really historically crappy place.
He was 7-6 last year in his 5th year. You would want BBs head if he is 7-6 in year 5. So just stop with the great job. It's stability not great coaching
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on October 28, 2014, 04:09:34 pm
I'm just wondering if this will ever be CBB's team and if he will ever be held responsible for their play on the field.

Apparently not...

Soon it will be.  Of course he will be held responsible.  He should be for some decisions already. 

Not yet...

lefty08

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2014, 04:13:20 pm
I can.  Petrino is a great offensive coach.  They are willing to tolerate him as they step up in competition by going to the ACC.  They can hope he has changed at least somewhat.  Perhaps if he has, he'll be able to hire better assistants.  Maybe his past won't be a negative to their recruiting and even if it is, they don't face the recruiting competition or on the field competition as programs in other conferences do.  Maybe he won't be an ass to those in and around the program and if he is, he'll still win enough to overlook it and he won't do something to get himself fired again.  It is easily believable they were willing to rehire Petrino.

Yep, BP has changed and Jimbo has integrity
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Mick Hogger

Are we Louisville? No.

If they're stupid enough to hire him back, that's on them. I'm curious as to how well he can bring in recruits with his reputation now. He's not BP edited anymore. The shine is gone now.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Medic821 on October 28, 2014, 11:12:02 am
The number of experts that post here is mind blowing.

And the number that think they are is even more!................. ;)
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 28, 2014, 04:13:14 pm
I'm wondering even MORE if fans like you and others will be realistic in giving him time to turn this thing around.........apparently not.

The funny part is, those most adamant in the short leash they give BB would have crawled through the computer to smack anyone who said anything bad, at all, about Mike Anderson, even though turning around a basketball program is much easier since you only have 12 players, and it only takes one difference maker to carry a team. In the end, with these guys, it always will be about the HOW, the STYLE.  If BP had been winning here, but running Georgia Tech's wishbone offense, none of these guys would have said anything about BP getting fired, heck they would have led the charge.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2014, 03:57:07 pm
He didn't ask to be fired but he was justifiably fired and it was his fault. 

Long has some responsibility in creating it but less than Petrino. 

His actions screamed fire me! Little Bobby led the way.

Long is responsible IF he knew what was going on and turned a blind eye.  IF he didn't know, I fault him for not having a "network" set up that brings that stuff to light.  Either way, the buck stopped at his desk, so that will always be casting a shadow on him.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

hogsanity

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 04:16:44 pm
No it's not. 

We have a bunch of sansabelt-wearing bench-warmers spouting morality and integrity and throwing blame anywhere but the here and now... in the meantime Louisville just wants to win football games. 

It's perfectly legit to point out the irony.

OK, BB is playing sophs and FR is lots of key spots, and is lacking a playmaker at WR. So far he has not been able to coach them well enough to win a sec game, and that is on him. The DEPTH issues are not, because depth on a team is made 3 or 4 years prior to any current season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 04:04:52 pm
Naive. 

I just CAN'T BELIEVE those morally-bankrupt Louisville boosters and administrators... don't they know who they've brought BACK into their midst?

Think of the children.

Petrino didn't hire a girl at Louisville he was banging over a bunch of other qualified applicants, including a friend of mine.

Petrino didn't potentially get Louisville in a bunch of legal trouble over hiring an employee he was sleeping with instead of multiple other qualified candidates.

Petrino didn't try to use an Louisville Officer to lie for him to cover up his affair.

Petrino didn't lie to the face of the Louisville AD after that AD had bent over backwards to get him whatever he needed.

Petrino didn't embarrass himself in front of the Louisville media by showing up in a neckbrace and lying to the media and all the fans across the state.

Petrino didn't spend time on a Louisville cell phone before crucial games texting his employee that he was having an affair with instead on preparing his team to play.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: lefty08 on October 28, 2014, 04:15:11 pm
Yep, BP has changed and Jimbo has integrity
The Jimbo you're referring to wouldn't happen to be the HC at one Fla. State would it? Seems he's had more than a couple players either bounced off the team and/or suspended due to various actions. And the story apparently isn't over. Seems his hot shot QB Mr. Winston has recently received a letter from the school's administration concerning his various misconducts both on and around the campus. Won't matter anyway-he'll hang on until after the end of the season and laugh all the way to the bank as he goes pro. Yep, that's what I call real integrity.

Wants2Win

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 28, 2014, 04:22:27 pm
Petrino didn't hire a girl at Louisville he was banging over a bunch of other qualified applicants, including a friend of mine.

Petrino didn't potentially get Louisville in a bunch of legal trouble over hiring an employee he was sleeping with instead of multiple other qualified candidates.

Petrino didn't try to use an Louisville Officer to lie for him to cover up his affair.

Petrino didn't lie to the face of the Louisville AD after that AD had bent over backwards to get him whatever he needed.

Petrino didn't embarrass himself in front of the Louisville media by showing up in a neckbrace and lying to the media and all the fans across the state.

Petrino didn't spend time on a Louisville cell phone before crucial games texting his employee that he was having an affair with instead on preparing his team to play.
Other than the neck brace...how do you know he did none of those things at Louisville?

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2014, 04:17:28 pm
The funny part is, those most adamant in the short leash they give BB would have crawled through the computer to smack anyone who said anything bad, at all, about Mike Anderson, even though turning around a basketball program is much easier since you only have 12 players, and it only takes one difference maker to carry a team. In the end, with these guys, it always will be about the HOW, the STYLE.  If BP had been winning here, but running Georgia Tech's wishbone offense, none of these guys would have said anything about BP getting fired, heck they would have led the charge.
Mike Anderson isn't wearing fleece turtlenecks to 100 degree games at Bud Walton for superstitious reasons either. That alone should make you wonder what in the world he's thinking.

Wants2Win

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 28, 2014, 04:22:27 pm

Petrino didn't spend time on a Louisville cell phone before crucial games texting his employee that he was having an affair with instead on preparing his
team to play.
All of those things happened under Jeff Long's watch BTW.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 04:29:53 pm
Blah Blah Blah. 

If you're still upset about your friend getting jilted just own it.

Anyone who thinks Long wasn't fully aware of Petrino and Jessica is naive.

First thing I thought when I heard about it

The_Iceman

Blah Blah Blah. 

There has been absolutely no one, not even the staff that left, that has said that Jeff Long knew. Someone would have talked, especially now that he is the Chairman of the Playoff committee.

You are just making things up to fit your agenda. Jeff Long didn't know about what was going on. There isn't any reports that anyone else on Petrino's staff knew.

Mick Hogger

Some people like to pretend they know exactly what Jeff Long knew and when he knew it and those that don't know are naive. Those people are making things up in their head and claiming them as facts.

Inhogswetrust

Blah Blah Blah. 

People that believe Long HAD to have known beyond a shadow of the doubt are dumb....................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lefty08

My boss has no clue what I do away from work

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: lefty08 on October 28, 2014, 04:45:16 pm
My boss has no clue what I do away from work
Exactly. None of anyones business what you do away from work.

Long could have locked down one of the brightest minds in football at a bargain price, but no, captain integrity had to make a name for himself.

This is Long's mess. Not Bobby's and not fully CBB's either.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on October 28, 2014, 04:52:39 pm
Exactly. None of anyones business what you do away from work.

Long could have locked down one of the brightest minds in football at a bargain price, but no, captain integrity had to make a name for himself.

This is Long's mess. Not Bobby's and not fully CBB's either.
Well the one "inconvenient truth" to this whole line of argument is that it DOES become the bosses' business if those actions are somehow connected in some manner with the overall well being of his job and/or the company/organization with whom he's employed. Unfortunately from what I remember CBP didn't just dabble with a "sweet young thing" with no connection with the U of A program athletic department. If   memory serves me the young thing happened to work for and under (double meaning if I've ever seen one) Petrino within the athletic department; in fact he had just recently hired for a position within the program.

There's an old adage that has served most very well to remember "Never dip your pen in the company ink". Whole different set of issues under the particular circumstances involved.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 28, 2014, 04:40:20 pm
There has been absolutely no one, not even the staff that left, that has said that Jeff Long knew. Someone would have talked, especially now that he is the Chairman of the Playoff committee.

You are just making things up to fit your agenda. Jeff Long didn't know about what was going on. There isn't any reports that anyone else on Petrino's staff knew.

My speculation is Some of his staff knew.  Why do you think McGee left a team that was going to compete for a NC the next year to go to UAB of all places.  Again, speculation, but, "smoke...fire"

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 28, 2014, 04:50:07 pm
Well the truth (or FACT) of the matter is that it isn't necessarily what YOU thought when you heard it. We can all think a lot of things; facts are obviously not always what we think or believe. Personally I have no clue what actually were all the FACTS in this whole mess; I highly doubt that any of us ever will either. 

Sorry 8, but it's was the first thing I thought.  But it was based on zero facts, just speculation and 49 years of dealing with human beings.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogfaniam on October 28, 2014, 05:33:22 pm
My speculation is Some of his staff knew.  Why do you think McGee left a team that was going to compete for a NC the next year to go to UAB of all places.  Again, speculation, but, "smoke...fire"
Certainly could be. Obviously in this case only he'd know the truth. Then again since it was a chance to become a HC perhaps he felt it was a great opportunity.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 28, 2014, 05:37:32 pm
Certainly could be. Obviously in this case only he'd know the truth. Then again since it was a chance to become a HC perhaps he felt it was a great opportunity.

True, but a head scratcher decision for sure, I mean SEC to UAB (no offense)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 04:53:31 pm
LOL

Well in that case then... I guess Louisville brought Petrino back to help instill some Integrity in their program. 

I'm sure it's because they're benevolent caregivers truly interested in giving a wayward son 'another chance'. 

Not winning.

I think you are forgetting in some ways WE gave BP another chance when we hired him....................yet he still wavered...........

hoghiker

Quote from: Gonzo on October 28, 2014, 09:31:05 am
No matter how one dresses it up, no one knows what would have happened, but that doesn't hamper a myriad of definitive proclamations of what would have happened from both sides.  Anyone who claims to have any certainty about how it would have turned out is deluding themselves.

Go Hogs! Beat MSU!
This is why it doesn't matter about Petrino. What if? He's gone. He ain't comin' back. We have BB. We didn't hire Briles,We didn't hire the flavor of the week, we didn't hire a spread coach. What do you do? Root for the Hogs. Seriously. WPS. I really liked Petrino. I had some hope he wouldn't get the boot. He did.  He moved on. So Have I.

Ramtough

Quote from: hoghiker on October 28, 2014, 05:53:54 pm
This is why it doesn't matter about Petrino. What if? He's gone. He ain't comin' back. We have BB. We didn't hire Briles,We didn't hire the flavor of the week, we didn't hire a spread coach. What do you do? Root for the Hogs. Seriously. WPS. I really liked Petrino. I had some hope he wouldn't get the boot. He did.  He moved on. So Have I.
I think its been hard for most fans to just let this go. It's been long enough now that I can't lay Bret's lack of winning at the feet of BP or JL anymore. JL thought he was doing the right thing and up to now it's been horrible under BB. We look better but can't seem to win and winning is all thats going to save Bret's job next year and thats a fact. Are we stable now? I guess as stable as a team can be that hasn't won a conference game since JLS was our coach.

Lake City Hog

Petrino recruits still on the roster.

Jared Collins   DB
Keon Hatcher   WR
Will Hines           DB
Taiwan Johnson   DE
Brandon Lewis   DE
Darius Philon   DE
Jeremy Ward   OL
Jonathan Williams   RB
Demetrius Wilson   WR
JaMichael Winston   DE
Deatrich Wise   DE

Brandon Allen   QB
Austin Beck   OL
Brey Cook           OL
Marcus Danenhauer   OL
Trey Flowers   DE
Rohan Gaines   ATH
Demarcus Hodge   DT
Davyon McKinney   WR
Tevin Mitchel       DB
Grady Ollison   DE
Mitch Smothers   OL
Kody Walker   RB

Daunte Carr            DB
Luke Charpentier   OL
Braylon Mitchell         ATH
Alan Turner       ATH

Guys from the 2010 class that graduated or left for reasons other than legals:
E Bennett       Grad
Z Hocker        Grad
B Hefley         Concussions
J Herndon       Grad
J Horton         Grad
B Jones          Grad
J Lake            Grad
C Smith          Grad
G Uekman      Death

Some of you should really look at things a bit before parroting a guy like West who obviously has an ax to grind with Petrino.

As I said much earlier in this thread, BB's 2013 class will look a WHOLE lot like Petrino's 2010 class. If you want I can go thru that class and tell you the ones that won't be here in BB's 5th year.
In 2010 Petrino played the Freshmen that he felt he needed to play to win games. In 2013 BB did exactly the same thing. Neither coach necessarily did the wrong thing, but their decisions greatly affected that class in the 5th year.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 06:01:02 pm
Pretty sure he was gainfully employed when we hired him... Long didn't see an ethical problem taking Petrino on in the middle of the NFL season... AND I'm sure there were numerous college programs that would have been thrilled to bring the guy in. 
There was the vilification in the media about the manner in which he left Atlanta, and underneath all that the grudging respect for the instant credibility he brought to the Arkansas football program. 

Regardless, as the poster above mentioned it's all history.  Would be nice if people stopped blaming the guy for our troubles years later.

When enough years pass we will. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 28, 2014, 06:01:02 pm
Pretty sure he was gainfully employed when we hired him... Long didn't see an ethical problem taking Petrino on in the middle of the NFL season... AND I'm sure there were numerous college programs that would have been thrilled to bring the guy in. 
There was the vilification in the media about the manner in which he left Atlanta, and underneath all that the grudging respect for the instant credibility he brought to the Arkansas football program. 

Regardless, as the poster above mentioned it's all history.  Would be nice if people stopped blaming the guy for our troubles years later.

Sure he was employed BUT he was obviously not going to make it in Atlanta. His reputation preceded him when we hired him and thus we took a chance when we hired him. His troubles go back farther than just Atlanta. It will be nice when enough time has passed for his messes not to,effect the program anymore. I'm not blaming BB either the way you are.............