Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who should return punts?

Started by Tim Harris, October 27, 2014, 01:27:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: InHOGuration Ball on October 27, 2014, 07:46:55 pm
AJ Derby!   He's sure handed, a senior, and a pretty good runner. 

Why not give him a try?
Yeah, why not?

jcul28

Id say Duwop. He has play making ability as does some mentioned but I'd prefer to have JC save his legs for playing receiver.

Carl Lazlo

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ricepig on October 27, 2014, 01:29:32 pm
Whoever can catch it without it hitting the ground. Find which guy played some outfield in baseball and can read a punt/fly ball.

Ok, I hate this, but ^^^^^^^
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Steef

Someone with enough sense to not touch the ball inside the ten yard line.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

IBleedRazorbackRed

lumphog

jbcarol

Robbie Neiswanger @NWARobbie  ·  2 hours ago

Bret Bielema said Arkansas had 9 players working on punt returns yesterday. ... One unexpected name: holder Matt Emrich.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RazorPiggie

Quote from: InHOGuration Ball on October 27, 2014, 07:46:55 pm
AJ Derby!   He's sure handed, a senior, and a pretty good runner. 

Why not give him a try?

Would remind me of Hillis back there.

cornsyrup

I've been ready for weeks now.. still waiting on the call.  :razorback:

texas tush hog

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on October 27, 2014, 01:34:04 pm
Right about the Texas Tech game was when everyone realized Dean couldn't catch punts. I can't believe it's taken the coaches this long to realize the same thing.

You know, Dean caught a lot of punts in practice.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Hawgzinbowlz

Some one who can judge the flight of the punt while simultaneously waving their hand in the air and then fair catching the ball.
Oh yeah, they don't need to try and catch the ball while running backwards, looking over their shoulder/into the sun and then being less than 15 yards from their own end zone. This increases the probability of a turnover...
Between all the coaching staff there should be a consensus that one of our hot rod recruits has the intellect and capability to fair catch an oval/leather toy...holy cow.

The 49 yard field goal is definitely a feel good occurrence...along with the 100% PAT success.

" GO HOGS "

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

WarPig88

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 27, 2014, 02:26:41 pm
Lance Alworth or Kenny Hatfield.

Why not Joe Adams. He was better than both those guys, who weren't slouches by the way.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WarPig88 on October 30, 2014, 12:46:29 pm
Why not Joe Adams. He was better than both those guys, who weren't slouches by the way.

Rather than argue about who was best between these three, let's just say that each was the very best in the country during his time with the Hogs.  Different eras, different circumstances.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Oklahawg

Best post in the thread about 9 guys getting a shot at PR: fixes to PR and KR happen in the off-season. Get a secure ball-handler who won't drop it or be reckless and be done with it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ICEman

No one, leave the position empty and just rush 11 towards the punter in hopes of disrupting his rhythm.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

PORKULATOR

The PAT holder, forgot his name, is supposed to be pretty salty at returning punts and has great hands. I just want it caught unless there is an obvious chance for a good return.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Lake City Hog

I don't care who fields punts as long as
a. He does field the punts.
b. He is in place before game 8 of next season.

Seriously, doesn't it seem odd that we have to be 2/3 of the way thru the season to find our kicker and still looking for a guy to return punts? Shouldn't these things be settled way before now?

Been10Hog

Whoever has surest hands! Hunter Henry? A.J. Derby?

Hawgzinbowlz

Drew Morgan should get a look.

" GO HOGS "

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Tim Harris on October 27, 2014, 01:27:56 pm
Bielema mentioned in his press conference today that he would be opening up the punt return duties this week in practice.  Who would you like to see back there?

Joe Adams
Ken Hatfield
Gary Anderson
Michael James

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: PORKULATOR on October 30, 2014, 11:15:28 pm
The PAT holder, forgot his name, is supposed to be pretty salty at returning punts and has great hands. I just want it caught unless there is an obvious chance for a good return.

I think I read that is getting a look.

dacskc

Have we heard an official answer to this question yet?

razorbackkid

Quote from: dacskc on October 31, 2014, 09:57:45 pm
Have we heard an official answer to this question yet?

I think we should just block every attempt and do a "scoop and score".
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.