Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High School Student Section

Started by azhog10, October 27, 2014, 06:35:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

I know this isn't Hog Basketball related, but I was hoping some on here might remember back to their high school days on what some unique and fun things your student section did before and during games. I'm trying to put something together for the high school I coach at to make our student section a bit more engaged and help turn our gym into a place you don't want to come and play in.........anything will definitely help and I appreciate it.

Dr. Starcs

A lot of student sections have different themes each night. The kids dress appropriately for each theme and it really adds to the atmosphere.

Mr.Swine89

We always use to dress up like everything from Bible characters to sports figures. One time we all dressed up like referees. It was a sea of black and white. Some great student secs. to watch are BYU, Duke, and Iowa St. You can check out what they do on youtube. Most of it is easily done in area high schools with a little bit of planning.

U-A Filthy Pig

Not high school but I used to love the noise meter and Jim Robkens antics at Barnhill.  Always seemed to get the crowd pumped.

BRHogfan

I think you need a catch phrase.  We started this with football during a state championship run, but our school catch phrase for the year was "Sack 'em in the Face"  It doesn't make much sense, but it was fun to yell.

john

That sounds like something Jameis Winston would yell out loud at the Free Shoes student union.

mhuff

Quote from: azhog10 on October 27, 2014, 06:35:24 am
I know this isn't Hog Basketball related, but I was hoping some on here might remember back to their high school days on what some unique and fun things your student section did before and during games. I'm trying to put something together for the high school I coach at to make our student section a bit more engaged and help turn our gym into a place you don't want to come and play in.........anything will definitely help and I appreciate it.

I know a team.... Bulldogs....... They have a huge inflatable Bulldog that has smoke and all the frills. It is also used by the football team. Either case the players run through it to start warm ups. They also have a group of students called the  "Bleacher Bums." Probably 80 strong in Bleacher Bums T shirts. I am telling you they jump up and down and run cheers.... I can get some of them for you... All in pretty good taste.... they get that place rocking. They support BB well and it is a place that is hard to get a win. They have a tradition started and a following. Three years ago 34-0. It is a 4A school. Trap, press, and run..... It is the kind of setting where the opponents might say," We don't want to play you..... You play too hard."

The FB players and BB players come to our church for breakfast once a week. The coaches are raising their players to be good citizens. I only say this because it is another important way for the community to say that we care about you.... you're important.

azhog10

Quote from: Mr.Swine89 on October 27, 2014, 07:27:00 am
We always use to dress up like everything from Bible characters to sports figures. One time we all dressed up like referees. It was a sea of black and white. Some great student secs. to watch are BYU, Duke, and Iowa St. You can check out what they do on youtube. Most of it is easily done in area high schools with a little bit of planning.
Watched a Utah State video.....their Student Section is UNREAL!!!!!

azhog10

Quote from: mhuff on October 27, 2014, 09:39:00 pm
I know a team.... Bulldogs....... They have a huge inflatable Bulldog that has smoke and all the frills. It is also used by the football team. Either case the players run through it to start warm ups. They also have a group of students called the  "Bleacher Bums." Probably 80 strong in Bleacher Bums T shirts. I am telling you they jump up and down and run cheers.... I can get some of them for you... All in pretty good taste.... they get that place rocking. They support BB well and it is a place that is hard to get a win. They have a tradition started and a following. Three years ago 34-0. It is a 4A school. Trap, press, and run..... It is the kind of setting where the opponents might say," We don't want to play you..... You play too hard."

The FB players and BB players come to our church for breakfast once a week. The coaches are raising their players to be good citizens. I only say this because it is another important way for the community to say that we care about you.... you're important.
IF you could get me some of the stuff they use that would be awesome. I know a lot of it will be tihngs the students come up with themselves. But I watned to give them somthing to at least get it started. We have a decent turnout for students most times, but they could definitely be more involved. I think it's bc no one really ever showed them how much we appreciate their support.

Thanks everyone for your help!