Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Concession Stand General Manager. We Need These In All Venues.

Started by Hogfaniam, October 26, 2014, 10:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

This stuff might be worth adding.

"Hawg Heaven Bacon Nachos available at Texas Motor Speedway: The folks that brought together three important food groups - bacon, beer and ice cream - to create the bacon-infused beer milkshake for its race fans are back at it again with America's meat candy obsession. Bacon lovers will be able to unite Oct. 31-Nov. 2 for the AAA Texas 500 NASCAR tripleheader weekend as Texas Motor Speedway and its official concessionaire Levy Restaurants unveil their latest creation - Hawg Heaven Bacon Nachos - that features bacon in four forms. White nacho bacon cheese sauce, chunks of hickory smoked bacon, candied bacon and bacon powder are incorporated to transform this staple sports venue concession item into a meat lover's delight. Hawg Heaven Bacon Nachos consists of tri-color tortilla chips sprinkled with bacon powder and topped with white cheese bacon nacho sauce, candied bacon, jalapenos, black beans, pico de gallo and sour cream. The item will sell for $8 and only be available at the concession stand on the concourse inside the Gate 4 main grandstand entrance. (TMS)(10-25-2014)

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

pondwater jack

I know some people that work in the concussion stand up there at the hill.  I'll pass this along. Good find. 

J holly blasingame
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

/sarcasm on

There's such thing advancing powder?!?! Can you snort it???

3kgthog

It'd be so nice if Sodexo would go far, far away. They provide terrible school lunches for your kids across America and even more stale products for us at games.

The Hogs need a signature stadium item and maybe those nachos could be it. I know it's definitely not the pork 'n potatoes stuffed in a wine glass with dreadful sooie sauce that I bought in the south outdoor club. That was a taste bud and bowel disaster. This is one thing I wrote two paragraphs about in my fan survey, but the concessions are still crap compared to other stadiums (pro and college) I've been to. I'm still waiting for the DMac 'n cheese.

pondwater jack

Quote from: /sarcasm on on October 27, 2014, 09:20:38 am
There's such thing advancing powder?!?! Can you snort it???
I think he's ignoring you.  I don't blame him.  I thought the nachos were a good idea.  I think you probably are closed minded and hate other cultures and that is why you cut up like a show dog on here.  Lucky the mods and OTR havent' gotten wind of your dagger comments and taken action.

PWJ
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

PorkRinds

I don't want my bacon in powdered form.  But I do agree that concessions could be better in our stadium.

ballz2thewall

ole miss has great food at their football concessions, in the form of pork nacho's among other stuff.  it's quality cooked pork butt; the real thing as opposed to some packaged stuff.

apparently they've had it for several years, as the crowd buzzes about pork nachos and they sell a ton of it.
The rest of the frog.

pigture perfect

When you have the best tasting meat product as your mascot, there is no excuse for not having better concession options using it. AND get rid of Pepsi.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 27, 2014, 10:29:37 am
It'd be so nice if Sodexo would go far, far away. They provide terrible school lunches for your kids across America and even more stale products for us at games.

The Hogs need a signature stadium item and maybe those nachos could be it. I know it's definitely not the pork 'n potatoes stuffed in a wine glass with dreadful sooie sauce that I bought in the south outdoor club. That was a taste bud and bowel disaster. This is one thing I wrote two paragraphs about in my fan survey, but the concessions are still crap compared to other stadiums (pro and college) I've been to. I'm still waiting for the DMac 'n cheese.

This and they ruined good college food too.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfnHog

I'm for taking Sodexo out and giving those various concession stands to local businesses, i.e. Foghorns, Whole Hog, Corky's etc... Granted the options that each place offers would be scaled back a bit but at least it would be a better choice and I wouldn't be so aggravated at paying stadium prices for food choices.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

kingofdequeen

surprised this wasn't requesting salads in all concourse areas.

TeufelHog

. . . and Coca-Cola.  Dump the Pepsi and bring back the Coke Classic.  You do this, and add the "Hog-Heaven-Bacon-Nachos" to the concessions and this SEC losing streak is OVER.DONE.FINISHED.KAPUT.  You hear me?  Get'r done!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

hobhog

Decent cheeseburgers and sandwiches would be nice. Can't be that hard, but concession space is so limited, especially on west side, it may not be possible....

kingofdequeen

maybe a gym?  so you can bust out a few miles at half? 

naw, screw it.  gimme pork nachos.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pondwater jack on October 27, 2014, 09:02:46 am
I know some people that work in the concussion stand up there at the hill.  I'll pass this along. Good find. 

J holly blasingame

How many times have you visited that concussion stand?

Hogfaniam

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 27, 2014, 02:36:26 pm
surprised this wasn't requesting salads in all concourse areas.

Only Polk salat and gator tail, baby

JaketheSnake

Let the cAtfish hole have a concession where they can actually cook their hushpuppies fresh and watch the money pour in.

ChicoHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 27, 2014, 01:45:08 pm
When you have the best tasting meat product as your mascot, there is no excuse for not having better concession options using it. AND get rid of Pepsi.
Agree with first sentence.  I am a Pepsi guy so disagree with second sentence. 

Anyone go to A&M game see the Chicken N Waffles item shaped like the state of texas?  that was pretty cool.  I didn't buy it but it looked good. 

twistitup

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 28, 2014, 08:12:34 am
Let the cAtfish hole have a concession where they can actually cook their hushpuppies fresh and watch the money pour in.

Wouldn't those be hushpiggies?

Hogfaniam

twistitup

And huge dill pickles, can we sell these? In addition to men buying, women really dig a big pickle.

Huge Jar on the counter....call it The Big Pig. Camera man can look for sexy pickel eaters in the crowd and put them on the big screen for everyone to enjoy - Big piggin it!

Jimmy

There is no logical reason UA crammed Pepsi down our throats.  We are an embarrassment to the SEC.   

twistitup

Quote from: Jimmy on October 28, 2014, 09:26:47 pm
There is no logical reason UA crammed Pepsi down our throats.  We are an embarrassment to the SEC.   

I agree, why was Royal Crown not considered?

ChicoHog

Quote from: twistitup on October 28, 2014, 08:11:00 pm
And huge dill pickles, can we sell these? In addition to men buying, women really dig a big pickle.

Huge Jar on the counter....call it The Big Pig. Camera man can look for sexy pickel eaters in the crowd and put them on the big screen for everyone to enjoy - Big piggin it!
Great idea!  They can show it on the big screen and have a sexy pickle eating contest with crowd applause to determine the winner.  I'm all for it!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Jimmy on October 28, 2014, 09:26:47 pm
Uh, cuz Pepsi tastes better? 

Go with whoever pays you the money for stuff like that.  Good decision by UA as I am a Pepsi guy.  And Dr. Pepper. 

hogs24

Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

pigture perfect

No true Southerner would say Pepsi tastes better than Coke. You must be a Yankee.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ChicoHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 02, 2014, 12:27:06 am
No true Southerner would say Pepsi tastes better than Coke. You must be a Yankee.
Born in Indiana, Junior high and HS in Pennsylvania, college in Fayetteville and currently live in CA for the last 30 years.  So yes, I would say I'm a Yankee.  And a PepsiCo stock holder so that does help sway my decision!

walrus

:razorback:How about Sam's Choice sodies. They are arkansas products.

Childsplease

Had nachos today.  Worth every bit of $8

[attachment deleted by admin]

twistitup

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 28, 2014, 09:49:27 pm
Great idea!  They can show it on the big screen and have a sexy pickle eating contest with crowd applause to determine the winner.  I'm all for it!

I predict it's going to happen this season...hell we're not winning, we could at least have a sexy pickle eating contest

Pulled(PP)pork

if they went back to coke, they would have to add Mello Yello to the choices, can't stand sprite

PP

twistitup

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 03, 2014, 04:42:48 am
if they went back to coke, they would have to add Mello Yello to the choices, can't stand sprite

PP

Agree, hard to beat a cold Mellow Yellow

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Childsplease on November 02, 2014, 10:25:09 pm
Had nachos today.  Worth every bit of $8

This seriously needs to happen

[attachment deleted by admin]