Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruits react Tretola's TD pass

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 26, 2014, 04:47:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

that's pretty funny right there. Alot of big names in that list too.

BatesvilleHOG

Love seeing what recruits have to say about us after every game. Its a big boost of confidence to see kids like Gustin, Merrick, Haughton, ect to not only show interest in us but also watch our games out of all the others to choose from on Saturdays.

incHOGnito

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on October 26, 2014, 05:36:29 pm
Love seeing what recruits have to say about us after every game. Its a big boost of confidence to see kids like Gustin, Merrick, Haughton, ect to not only show interest in us but also watch our games out of all the others to choose from on Saturdays.

I hope they are watching our games, but they could have been watching the Food Network and seen a replay of that play. It was everywhere!

redeye

October 26, 2014, 07:25:30 pm #4 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:10:23 pm by redeye
Otis just picked Arkansas for Jalen Merrick.  Maybe he's serious about wanting to throw a TD in college?

Update: Further comments by Otis makes it sound like he's taking a wild guess.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redeye on October 26, 2014, 07:25:30 pm
Otis just picked Arkansas for Jalen Merrick.  Maybe he's serious about wanting to throw a TD in college?

Just can't take Otis seriously, but I hope he's right.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rzrbackramsfan

Haha all the o linemen are going to come here thinking they'll be throwing passes.

mhuff

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 26, 2014, 08:29:36 pm
Haha all the o linemen are going to come here thinking they'll be throwing passes.

Kinda like centers in BB thinking they're gonna be PG's.  ;D ;)

redeye

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 26, 2014, 08:21:03 pm
Just can't take Otis seriously, but I hope he's right.

I know what you mean, but he actually seems like he's been better lately.  I don't subscribe to his site or keep up with him, but have just thought his predictions seem a little more solid then they used to.

He also predicted Porter Gustin to USC-W recently, fwiw.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Hawgzinbowlz

Maybe Tretola will start splitting between the QB and OL preparation game planning, during the week.  " GO HOGS "

BaggerHog

Talked to Ty. He said the first thing he was going to do when arriving was to look Tretola up and have him give him some pointers on throwing the ball....Jk

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on October 27, 2014, 03:43:51 pm
Talked to Ty. He said the first thing he was going to do when arriving was to look Tretola up and have him give him some pointers on throwing the ball....Jk

That would be classic to see. Any new information you have come across lately? This recruiting class has the potential to close out really strong. Does Ty talk to Jalin Barnett or some of the other recruits we are after by any chance?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

smb

I don't think an offensive lineman throwing a td has happen ever? It was on all the sports shows.
GeorgiaHOG

jackflash

Next play I could see happening is Skipper at tailback on the goal line, jumping into the end zone for a touchdown. Wouldn't want to be a linebackers trying to bring him down.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: jackflash on October 28, 2014, 08:37:43 am
Next play I could see happening is Skipper at tailback on the goal line, jumping into the end zone for a touchdown. Wouldn't want to be a linebackers trying to bring him down.

Wouldn't surprise me and I think it would be a great idea. Skippers got the long arms to stretch it out. Remember when the Bears used to line William "the fridge" Perry up in short yardage situations?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

WBC Hog

Realistically, I can see Cam Jefferson in his No. 89 jersey line up at TE on senior day, BA roll out of a bootleg and toss him a TD pass. Icing on the cake, we land Barnett and/or Merrick.

Oklahawg

Quote from: WBC Hog on October 28, 2014, 08:43:07 pm
Realistically, I can see Cam Jefferson in his No. 89 jersey line up at TE on senior day, BA roll out of a bootleg and toss him a TD pass. Icing on the cake, we land Barnett and/or Merrick.

You can bet that they will work a pass to Jefferson. Not sure it'll work, or there will be an opportunity to run it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WBC Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 28, 2014, 10:05:50 pm
You can bet that they will work a pass to Jefferson. Not sure it'll work, or there will be an opportunity to run it.

I think the biggest factor will be the opportunity. I hope it happens!

Picture this: basically the same play LSU ran to beat Ole Miss but instead Jefferson catching that pass to beat Mizzou to go bowling  8)